Cannot write to caldav calendar from windows with thunderbird

Cannot write to caldav calendar from windows with thunderbird

Matthias Fechner
Hi,

I have problem to access my davical calender (write-mode) from windows.
The logfiles says:
2001:a60:f035:1:8c2a:593d:7864:4cf4 - idefix [20/Mar/2010:12:07:42
+0100] "PUT //caldav.php/idefix/85CAA941-3A7F-4FE8-8BEE-05B5C39AFCD5/
HTTP/1.1" 405 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de;
rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100227 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.3"

I always get a MODIFICATION_FAILED from thunderbird (for alarm a try to
close and for new entries to the calendar).
With iCal and the iPhone it works fine.

Maybe a bug in the Lighting plugin for Thunderbird 3.0.3?

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: Cannot write to caldav calendar from windows with thunderbird

Norbert Püschel
Hello Matthias,

I would guess you made a mistake when you specified your calendar URL
for Lightning.

You should have used .../caldav.php/username/calendar; from your connect
string it seems you
forgot the calendar part.

Regards,

Norbert

Am 20.03.10 12:16, schrieb Matthias Fechner:

> Hi,
>
> I have problem to access my davical calender (write-mode) from windows.
> The logfiles says:
> 2001:a60:f035:1:8c2a:593d:7864:4cf4 - idefix [20/Mar/2010:12:07:42
> +0100] "PUT //caldav.php/idefix/85CAA941-3A7F-4FE8-8BEE-05B5C39AFCD5/
> HTTP/1.1" 405 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de;
> rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100227 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.3"
>
> I always get a MODIFICATION_FAILED from thunderbird (for alarm a try to
> close and for new entries to the calendar).
> With iCal and the iPhone it works fine.
>
> Maybe a bug in the Lighting plugin for Thunderbird 3.0.3?
>
> Bye
> Matthias

Re: Cannot write to caldav calendar from windows with thunderbird

Michael Rasmussen
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:18:38 +0100
Norbert Püschel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Matthias,
>
> I would guess you made a mistake when you specified your calendar URL
> for Lightning.
>
> You should have used .../caldav.php/username/calendar; from your connect
The default for DAViCal is /caldav.php/username/home

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
You will engage in a profitable business activity.

Am 20.03.2010 13:48, schrieb Michael Rasmussen:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:18:38 +0100
> Norbert Püschel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You should have used .../caldav.php/username/calendar; from your connect
> The default for DAViCal is /caldav.php/username/home

thanks fot the tip, I checked the url and indeed it was:
caldav.php/idefix/8...FCD5/

After I removed the last slash everything is fine in Thunderbird.

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: Cannot write to caldav calendar from windows with thunderbird

wilhelm
I have a similar problem using TB Lighing 3.17 and even 3.18.
I have access to several user accounts.
It used to work from my personal account but stopped working for an un knwon reason.
I am using davical:
    You are currently running DAViCal version 0.9.9.4. The database schema is at version 1.2.9.
I am using TB 3.18 with the following add-ons:

When setting up the calendar account using a 'remote calendar' which worked just fine in the past
such as

and I go to the next screen:

I can click the "Next" button and nothing happens.

If I do the same procedure and use iCalendar  I only get READ access to the calendar although other users may be able to have both read and write access and everything works just fine.

Lately, after updating another user to TB 3.18, that user has R?W access to the existing calendars but r/o access to the newly created ones.

Any hints on how to resolve this.