Quantcast

[Davical-general] About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Good morning,

One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts

as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own caldav capabilties... could you know any?,

Best regards,

--

sarenet
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Re: About webmails

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
SquirrelMail is really easy to have other web tools integrated as plugins.
Some web based clients listed here could be installed as described:
http://wiki.davical.org/w/CalDAV_Clients

El 06/04/17 a les 10:49, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea ha escrit:

> Good morning,
>

> One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with
> Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a
> webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts
>
> as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own
> caldav capabilties... could you know any?,
>

> Best regards,
>

> --
>

> sarenet
> *Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*
> Departamento de sistemas
> 944 209 470
> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> www.sarenet.es <https://www.sarenet.es>
>
> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Hi Narcis!,

I have read that info, thanks a lot!. Squirrelmail is pretty old... it's not a modern option... as Roundcube could be... but Roundcube, today... seems to not have a caldav plugin... just for Kolab seems to exist....

Best regards,

El 6/4/17 a las 13:54, Narcis Garcia escribió:
SquirrelMail is really easy to have other web tools integrated as plugins.
Some web based clients listed here could be installed as described:
http://wiki.davical.org/w/CalDAV_Clients

El 06/04/17 a les 10:49, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea ha escrit:
Good morning,

One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with
Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a
webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts

as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own
caldav capabilties... could you know any?,

Best regards,

--

sarenet
*Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
[hidden email] [hidden email]
www.sarenet.es <https://www.sarenet.es>

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

sarenet
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Sorry I think it was another page....

let me check...

thanks a lot!!!

[...]

Yeah... that's what I was thinking... I saw that links didn't work.... about roundcube for instance... and the other ones... are not really usable....

Any other options?... experience?

[...]

Michael Rasmussen
On 2017-04-06 10:49, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with
> Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a
> webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts
>
> as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own
> caldav capabilties... could you know any?,

This one works and is maintained:
http://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/infcloud/
Includes both calendar and contacts.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

----

This mail was virus scanned and spam checked before delivery.
This mail is also DKIM signed. See header dkim-signature.

Re: About webmails

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Egoitz,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 10:49, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts
> as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own caldav capabilties... could you know any?,

The organization I work for had the same problem, we couldn't find an
standalone CalDAV web client, so we decided to create one, which we
released under an open source license. The result was AgenDAV
(http://agendav.org/). Disclaimer: I'm its developer and maintainer.

We use Roundcube, and  a 'Calendar' icon on Roundcube's toolbar allows
our users to log in directly on AgenDAV. It's an easy integration, but
requires some adaptations in AgenDAV (adding an alternative login
method) and Roundcube (adding the button to your skin and preparing a
safe method to transfer Roundcube credentials to your AgenDAV instance).

Hope that helps!

Best regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

LogoSarenetEmails.png (2K) Download Attachment

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Hi Jorge,

Does it handle tasks?

Best regards,

El 6/4/17 a las 14:54, Jorge López Pérez escribió:
[...]

pcouderc

On 04/06/2017 02:54 PM, Jorge López Pérez wrote:
> The result was AgenDAV
> (http://agendav.org/). Disclaimer: I'm its developer and maintainer.

It seems very fine, is there a test site..?

Re: About webmails

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Egoitz,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 16:42, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:

> Does it handle tasks?

No, I'm sorry, it doesn't right now.

Best regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Re: About webmails

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Pierre,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017, at 17:28, Pierre Couderc wrote:

> It seems very fine, is there a test site..?

I'm afraid there isn't a demo available. Hope the screenshots help!

Best regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Re: About webmails

Johan Vromans
On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 08:35:48 +0200, Jorge López Pérez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

< I'm afraid there isn't a demo available. Hope the screenshots help!

It is a very nice tool, but I stopped using it since it was too slow.
time I switch to another month or back. Maybe my calendars are too big...

-- Johan

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Hi!,

I have tested it yes... work pretty fine but have tons of dependencies with the internet browser.... I need something more integrated indeed....

Best regards.

On 06/04/17 17:23, Pierre Couderc wrote:
On 04/06/2017 10:49 AM, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:

Good morning,

One little question, which webmail software do you integrate with Davical?. I'm running Davical and very happy with it, but can't find a webmail software (either commercial or free) which acts

as only caldav client or at least does not confuse users with it's own caldav capabilties... could you know any?,

Are you sure you need a webmail ?
caldav  has nothing to so with mail.
If you need a web acess to you calendar, I find cadavzap excellent (https://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/caldavzap/)
Test it on https://www.inf-it.com/caldavzap/

--

sarenet
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Hi!

And tasks too... but depends a lot in the web browser and I need to be integrated with the webmail....

Best regards,

Re: About webmails

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea-2

Hi!,

And sheduling?, I mean showing other attendees of an event statuses?

Best regards,