[Davical-general] Addressbook as collection is not permit

[Davical-general] Addressbook as collection is not permit

Gerard Breiner

Hello,

I'm beginning with Davical 0.9.9.3 on a debian squeeze. I try to create
a collection "Addressbook" by clicking "Create Collection" and  then "Is
an Addressbook" but then the field "Load From File" is deactivated.
Could you please tell me what is wrong with my configuration or other?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard Breiner

Institut D'Astrophysique Spatiale
France-91405 Orsay Campus

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Christoph Steidl
not possible at the moment.
please refer to the mailing-list archive.

i did it installing the sogo-connector extension to thunderbird
created the cardDAV-addressbook and moved all contacts from my local
thunderbird addressbook to the new one...

if you want to keep your local adressbook, export is to a file, import it
again into thunderbird with a new addressbook-name and move contacts from
there. sadly it in not possible to copy the contacts between addressbooks.
only moving is possible...

cheers,
chris

--On Mittwoch, Februar 16, 2011 09:36:19 +0100 Gerard Breiner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm beginning with Davical 0.9.9.3 on a debian squeeze. I try to create
> a collection "Addressbook" by clicking "Create Collection" and  then "Is
> an Addressbook" but then the field "Load From File" is deactivated.
> Could you please tell me what is wrong with my configuration or other?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gerard Breiner
>
> Institut D'Astrophysique Spatiale
> France-91405 Orsay Campus

netcar24 GmbH

Systems Engineer

Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universitätsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

Geschäftsführer / CEO: Michael Deuse
Geschäftsführer / CTO: Karsten Stoppe
Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 20055

HOTLINE: +49-1805-808444 *)
FAX:     +49-261-8854350

[hidden email]
www.netcar24.com
www.re-fleet.com

Autohausverwaltung für Profis
Softwaresolutions for automotive retail

*) 14Cent/min aus dem deutschen Festnetz
   max. 42Cent/min aus dem Mobilfunknetz

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten  haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort
netcar24 und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht  gestattet.

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Christoph Steidl
hi florian,

--On Mittwoch, Februar 16, 2011 18:40:12 +0100 Florian Rittmeier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> do I understand you correct, that you are successfully using the
> sogo-connector with davical?
> I tried to use it but contacts on the one client do not show up on
> another client at university.
> I tried several patches, but they did not help. Did you apply any
> patches, how did you get it work?
>
> Regards,
> Florian

no patches, straight forward...

TB version 3.1.4
iOS 4.1.2 (3GS)

i installed from here:
<http://www.sogo.nu/downloads/frontends.html>

<http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/lightning-1.0b2.104i_linux-i686.xpi>
and
<http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/sogo-connector-3.104.xpi>

into thunderbird 3.1.4

- after that created card-collection inside my user-accouunt at the server
- configured that dav-addressbook in TB
  e.g. https://srv/caldav.php/me/contacts/
- moved my contacts in TB from local addressbook to the remote
- right-click the remote addressbook and klick SYNC

after that i did the same on my iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1.2
seems all ok...
did these steps yesterday. so i will have to check if all is correct.
but looks fine so far!

cheers,
chris

[...]

Marten Gajda
@Chris,

Which davical version are you using?
Currently, I have 0.9.9.4 installed and my SOGo connector doesn't update
changes on the server anymore.

@Florian
It worked with 0.9.9.3 for me, but you have to set

$c->use_old_sync_response_tag = true;

in your davical configuration file.

cheers

Marten

Am 17.02.2011 11:30, schrieb Christoph Steidl:

> hi florian,
>
> --On Mittwoch, Februar 16, 2011 18:40:12 +0100 Florian Rittmeier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Chris,
>>
>> do I understand you correct, that you are successfully using the
>> sogo-connector with davical?
>> I tried to use it but contacts on the one client do not show up on
>> another client at university.
>> I tried several patches, but they did not help. Did you apply any
>> patches, how did you get it work?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Florian
>
> no patches, straight forward...
>
> TB version 3.1.4
> iOS 4.1.2 (3GS)
>
> i installed from here:
> <http://www.sogo.nu/downloads/frontends.html>
>
> <http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/lightning-1.0b2.104i_linux-i686.xpi>
> and
> <http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/sogo-connector-3.104.xpi>
>
> into thunderbird 3.1.4
>
> - after that created card-collection inside my user-accouunt at the server
> - configured that dav-addressbook in TB
>   e.g. https://srv/caldav.php/me/contacts/
> - moved my contacts in TB from local addressbook to the remote
> - right-click the remote addressbook and klick SYNC
>
> after that i did the same on my iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1.2
> seems all ok...
> did these steps yesterday. so i will have to check if all is correct.
> but looks fine so far!
>
> cheers,
> chris

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Christoph Steidl
hi marten,

--On Donnerstag, Februar 17, 2011 12:22:46 +0100 Marten Gajda
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Chris,
>
> Which davical version are you using?
> Currently, I have 0.9.9.4 installed and my SOGo connector doesn't update
> changes on the server anymore.

0.9.9.4 korrekt...
upgraded to 0.9.9.4 yesterday from installed version 0.9.6.3

here's my config:

<snip>
$c->domain_name = "it.has.one";
$c->admin_email = 'my@Email';
$c->system_name = "DAViCal";

$c->enable_row_linking = true;
$c->default_locale = de_DE.UTF-8;

$c->pg_connect[] = 'host=XXXXXXXXXXX dbname=davical port=5432
user=davical_dba';
</snap>

works fine for me just at the moment i tried:
- looked at a cardDAV contact on my iphone: no name only email-address
- went into TB and changed the contact in the cardDAV
  addressbook (added name)
- went to iphone an in that second the still opened contact got a name...

but right, changes on my iphone get not synced back to thunderbird.
i'm not using TB at all, i only used it to get my addressbook into cardDAV
als a bulk-importer. i'm using mulberry which also is not able to handle
cardDAV! so i will habe to wait for mulberry anyway.

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 12:22 +0100, Marten Gajda wrote:
> @Chris,
>
> Which davical version are you using?
> Currently, I have 0.9.9.4 installed and my SOGo connector doesn't update
> changes on the server anymore.

With 0.9.9.4 you *will* need to apply a patch to SOGo connector

> @Florian
> It worked with 0.9.9.3 for me, but you have to set
>
> $c->use_old_sync_response_tag = true;
>
> in your davical configuration file.

The problem with that config option is that it screws it up for anything
which *does* do webdav sync correctly.

In addition at 0.9.9.4 there were a number of corrections to DAViCal's
webdav-sync handling which meant that particular hack for SOGo just
weren't going to work any longer.

At present I think the best hope for working around SOGo is to check the
user agent and pretend we don't support the sync report if we see a
request from SOGo, and it should then fall back to older synchronisation
methods.

Other than that, we'll have to wait for the Oracle CardDAV extension to
make it's way through Oracle's legal department, or for SOGo to fix
their code.  I'm not sure which one will happen first... :-)

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

> cheers
>
> Marten
>

> Am 17.02.2011 11:30, schrieb Christoph Steidl:
> > hi florian,
> >
> > --On Mittwoch, Februar 16, 2011 18:40:12 +0100 Florian Rittmeier
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Chris,
> >>
> >> do I understand you correct, that you are successfully using the
> >> sogo-connector with davical?
> >> I tried to use it but contacts on the one client do not show up on
> >> another client at university.
> >> I tried several patches, but they did not help. Did you apply any
> >> patches, how did you get it work?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Florian
> >
> > no patches, straight forward...
> >
> > TB version 3.1.4
> > iOS 4.1.2 (3GS)
> >
> > i installed from here:
> > <http://www.sogo.nu/downloads/frontends.html>
> >
> > <http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/lightning-1.0b2.104i_linux-i686.xpi>
> > and
> > <http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/sogo-connector-3.104.xpi>
> >
> > into thunderbird 3.1.4
> >
> > - after that created card-collection inside my user-accouunt at the server
> > - configured that dav-addressbook in TB
> >   e.g. https://srv/caldav.php/me/contacts/
> > - moved my contacts in TB from local addressbook to the remote
> > - right-click the remote addressbook and klick SYNC
> >
> > after that i did the same on my iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1.2
> > seems all ok...
> > did these steps yesterday. so i will have to check if all is correct.
> > but looks fine so far!
> >
> > cheers,
> > chris

                          "Plaese porrf raed."
             -- Prof. Michael O'Longhlin, S.U.N.Y. Purchase

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Michael Lackhoff
On 17.02.2011 21:50 Andrew McMillan wrote:

> With 0.9.9.4 you *will* need to apply a patch to SOGo connector

Is there anything around?
I am not yet using it because of all the problem reports but I would
very much like to use the davical carddav server with thunderbird.

> At present I think the best hope for working around SOGo is to check the
> user agent and pretend we don't support the sync report if we see a
> request from SOGo, and it should then fall back to older synchronisation
> methods.

Is this just hypothetical or is there something on the way for a not too
far away version?

> Other than that, we'll have to wait for the Oracle CardDAV extension to
> make it's way through Oracle's legal department, or for SOGo to fix
> their code.  I'm not sure which one will happen first... :-)

Sounds like little hope then :-(

-Michael

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Andrew McMillan
On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 08:58 +0100, Michael Lackhoff wrote:

> On 17.02.2011 21:50 Andrew McMillan wrote:
>
> > With 0.9.9.4 you *will* need to apply a patch to SOGo connector
>
> Is there anything around?
> I am not yet using it because of all the problem reports but I would
> very much like to use the davical carddav server with thunderbird.
>
> > At present I think the best hope for working around SOGo is to check the
> > user agent and pretend we don't support the sync report if we see a
> > request from SOGo, and it should then fall back to older synchronisation
> > methods.
>
> Is this just hypothetical or is there something on the way for a not too
> far away version?
>
> > Other than that, we'll have to wait for the Oracle CardDAV extension to
> > make it's way through Oracle's legal department, or for SOGo to fix
> > their code.  I'm not sure which one will happen first... :-)
>
> Sounds like little hope then :-(
I was asked to test the new version of SOGo connector which should
resolve this problem:

http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1098

Anyone willing to try this and comment on that bug it would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.
                Necessity is the mother of documentation

Re: Addressbook as collection is not permit

Erik Hjertén
Andrew McMillan skrev 2011-03-22 22:14:
[...]

I have performed a small test, short description of how is among the notes on that bug (Andrews link).

I applied the patch manually as I don't have the knowledge if and how it should be done properly. :)

It seems to work with basic stuff as adding, changing and removing addressees. I haven't done anything more advanced as groups etc. I found it stable enough for my private use.

Regards
/Erik