[Davical-general] Apple Address Book groups not syncing with DAViCal

[Davical-general] Apple Address Book groups not syncing with DAViCal

Daniel E. Sabath
There have been a number of kinks since the upgrade to MacOS X 10.7.3. It seemed that changes made to the desktop Address Book would not be propagated to the DAViCal server, and thus not to other desktop Macs syncing with the server, and changes did not propagate to iOS devices either. Changes made on iOS devices seemed to get synced with the server.

It seems somewhat better since 10.7.4, but I still am seeing a lack of synchronization with groups in Address Book. Newly created groups to not get propagated nor to changes to existing groups. Again, it looks like changes made on iOS devices to get synced, but it's not possible to change/add groups on iOS devices, so it's not really relevant.

Any insights as to what might be going on?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Apple Address Book groups not syncing with DAViCal

Ján Máté-2
Addressbook groups are simple vCard contacts with reference to other vCards. This is no Davical problem - Apple addressbook has a TON of bugs.

JM

On May 29, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Daniel E. Sabath wrote:

> There have been a number of kinks since the upgrade to MacOS X 10.7.3. It seemed that changes made to the desktop Address Book would not be propagated to the DAViCal server, and thus not to other desktop Macs syncing with the server, and changes did not propagate to iOS devices either. Changes made on iOS devices seemed to get synced with the server.
>
> It seems somewhat better since 10.7.4, but I still am seeing a lack of synchronization with groups in Address Book. Newly created groups to not get propagated nor to changes to existing groups. Again, it looks like changes made on iOS devices to get synced, but it's not possible to change/add groups on iOS devices, so it's not really relevant.
>
> Any insights as to what might be going on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Re: Apple Address Book groups not syncing with DAViCal

Axel Rau

Am 29.05.2012 um 19:28 schrieb Ján Máté:

> Addressbook groups are simple vCard contacts with reference to other vCards. This is no Davical problem - Apple addressbook has a TON of bugs.
I can't see any bugs related to CardDAV here:
        http://openradar.appspot.com/search?query=Addressbook
If anyone with an Apple developer account reading this, please write a bug report (I can't, because I'm still with 10.6).

Axel

> JM
>

> On May 29, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Daniel E. Sabath wrote:
>
>> There have been a number of kinks since the upgrade to MacOS X 10.7.3. It seemed that changes made to the desktop Address Book would not be propagated to the DAViCal server, and thus not to other desktop Macs syncing with the server, and changes did not propagate to iOS devices either. Changes made on iOS devices seemed to get synced with the server.
>>
>> It seems somewhat better since 10.7.4, but I still am seeing a lack of synchronization with groups in Address Book. Newly created groups to not get propagated nor to changes to existing groups. Again, it looks like changes made on iOS devices to get synced, but it's not possible to change/add groups on iOS devices, so it's not really relevant.
>>
>> Any insights as to what might be going on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan

---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius