[Davical-general] CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Sylvain BURGER
Hello

I created an event CLASS:CONFIDENTIAL with the A user
The B user have "read" privilege on the A calendar collection
When B make a REPORT on the A collection, He retrieve the entire event (not only busy)
I use DAViCal/1.1.1; DB/1.2.11

Any idea on how to make the event really private ?

Sylvain BURGER

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Sylvain,

finaly a reply some months later :-)

El 17/10/12 14:42, Sylvain BURGER escribió:

> I created an event CLASS:CONFIDENTIAL with the A user
> The B user have "read" privilege on the A calendar collection
> When B make a REPORT on the A collection, He retrieve the entire event (not only busy)
> I use DAViCal/1.1.1; DB/1.2.11
>
> Any idea on how to make the event really private ?

We recently upgraded from DAViCal 1.0.2 to 1.1.1+patches, and
'confidential' events started appearing with no filtering applied.

On 1.0.2 confidential events had most properties stripped and a masked
displayname ('Busy'). So this is likely to be a bug on DAViCal > 1.0.2.

Fixing this bug seems straightforward, but I'm not sure what's the
official way to send patches to DAViCal during Andrew's break.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi list,

El 26/02/13 14:19, Jorge López Pérez escribió:

> Fixing this bug seems straightforward, but I'm not sure what's the
> official way to send patches to DAViCal during Andrew's break.

I have attached a patch that fixes this issue. Events with 'class'
property set to CONFIDENTIAL now get masked. It also includes a fix for
the 'hide_alarm' setting, which was broken too.

This patch has been generated against latest git HEAD, but is appliable
to DAViCal 1.1.1 as well.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

confidential.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Ján Máté-2
Hi Jorge,

looks like instead of fixing the keys in $properties variable, you completely removed 2 conditions. Here is the correct fix:

http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/caldav-REPORT.php-privacy_and_alarm.diff

I also updated the "DAViCal GIT + fixes" to include this fix:

http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/DAViCal_GIT-2013-03-31.zip

JM

On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Jorge López Pérez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> El 26/02/13 14:19, Jorge López Pérez escribió:
>
>> Fixing this bug seems straightforward, but I'm not sure what's the
>> official way to send patches to DAViCal during Andrew's break.
>
> I have attached a patch that fixes this issue. Events with 'class' property set to CONFIDENTIAL now get masked. It also includes a fix for the 'hide_alarm' setting, which was broken too.
>
> This patch has been generated against latest git HEAD, but is appliable to DAViCal 1.1.1 as well.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Jorge López Pérez
> http://adobo.org
> jabber: [hidden email]
> <confidential.patch>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb_______________________________________________

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Ján,

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Ján Máté <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jorge,
>
> looks like instead of fixing the keys in $properties variable, you completely removed 2 conditions. Here is the correct fix:

Oops, I thought conditionals were not needed anymore, but I can't
recall why I came to that conclusion.

Thank you for the updated patch!

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Sylvain BURGER

I'm using this patch for few weeks, and found a mistake :
The A user create a confidential event. B user have read/write privilege on A user.
When B user make a report, he got "busy" has title... but he can make a PUT on the event, losing all the original properties.

Regards,

Sylvain BURGER

El 17/10/12 14:42, Sylvain BURGER escribió:

> I created an event CLASS:CONFIDENTIAL with the A user The B user have
> "read" privilege on the A calendar collection When B make a REPORT on
> the A collection, He retrieve the entire event (not only busy) I use
> DAViCal/1.1.1; DB/1.2.11
>
> Any idea on how to make the event really private ?

We recently upgraded from DAViCal 1.0.2 to 1.1.1+patches, and 'confidential' events started appearing with no filtering applied.

On 1.0.2 confidential events had most properties stripped and a masked displayname ('Busy'). So this is likely to be a bug on DAViCal > 1.0.2.

Fixing this bug seems straightforward, but I'm not sure what's the official way to send patches to DAViCal during Andrew's break.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org
jabber: [hidden email]

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

looks like a bug ... in source code I found the following condition in many files:

if ( $item->class == 'CONFIDENTIAL' || !$request->AllowedTo('read') )
// something like return obfuscated event

but also the following condition (looks like this is the correct one):

if ( ! $dav_resource->HavePrivilegeTo('DAV::read') || ( $resource->class == 'CONFIDENTIAL' && ! $request->HavePrivilegeTo('DAV::write-content') ) )
// something like return obfuscated event

this says: if you have write privilege, you will get the real event (so you can edit it without data loss), otherwise (no write privilege) you will get the obfuscated version (and you cannot edit it)

=> I will try to check all conditions related to confidential events and will try to create a fix

JM

On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:57 AM, Sylvain BURGER <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm using this patch for few weeks, and found a mistake :
The A user create a confidential event. B user have read/write privilege on A user.
When B user make a report, he got "busy" has title... but he can make a PUT on the event, losing all the original properties.

Regards,

Sylvain BURGER

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Hanspeter Kunz
Hi JM,

thanks for the patch, we are using it since yesterday.

however, while confidential events are noew displayed correctly
(anonymised) in evolution and thunderbird/lightning, we see the
unanonymised event in Apple Calendar (tested on mavericks).

It seams, some conditions are still missing...

I have almost no experience in hacking davical, therefore I would be
really thankful for suggestions on how to fix this.

If you need more information, just let me know.

Best,
Hp

On Son, 2013-03-31 at 21:22 +0200, Ján Máté wrote:

> Hi Jorge,
>
> looks like instead of fixing the keys in $properties variable, you completely removed 2 conditions. Here is the correct fix:
>
> http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/caldav-REPORT.php-privacy_and_alarm.diff
>

> I also updated the "DAViCal GIT + fixes" to include this fix:
>
> http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/DAViCal_GIT-2013-03-31.zip
>

> JM
>

> On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Jorge López Pérez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > El 26/02/13 14:19, Jorge López Pérez escribió:
> >
> >> Fixing this bug seems straightforward, but I'm not sure what's the
> >> official way to send patches to DAViCal during Andrew's break.
> >
> > I have attached a patch that fixes this issue. Events with 'class' property set to CONFIDENTIAL now get masked. It also includes a fix for the 'hide_alarm' setting, which was broken too.
> >
> > This patch has been generated against latest git HEAD, but is appliable to DAViCal 1.1.1 as well.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > --
> > Jorge López Pérez
> > http://adobo.org
> > jabber: [hidden email]
> > <confidential.patch>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
> > Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
> > Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb_______________________________________________
> > Davical-general mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general

Hanspeter Kunz                  University of Zurich
Systems Administrator           Department of Informatics
Email: [hidden email]         Binzmühlestrasse 14
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-56714         Office 2.E.07
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch           CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: [hidden email] [hidden email]
---
A man's house is his hassle.

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Ján Máté-2
Hi Hp,

it don't think it is a DAViCal problem. It is very probably caused by the local cache in Apple Calendar (events are not updated if there is no change on the server and the patch itself not changed any of your events => no reason to re-download them).

JM

On 19 Nov 2013, at 12:57, Hanspeter Kunz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi JM,
>
> thanks for the patch, we are using it since yesterday.
>
> however, while confidential events are noew displayed correctly
> (anonymised) in evolution and thunderbird/lightning, we see the
> unanonymised event in Apple Calendar (tested on mavericks).
>
> It seams, some conditions are still missing...
>
> I have almost no experience in hacking davical, therefore I would be
> really thankful for suggestions on how to fix this.
>
> If you need more information, just let me know.
>
> Best,
> Hp

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Hanspeter Kunz
Hi JM,

yes, that was exactly what I was thinking too.
but if I go to another mac machine, on which the calender in question
has never been accessed (so there should be nothing in the cache) I
still see unanonymized calendar events when I enable read access to the
calendar. furthermore, also newly created confidential events show up in
apple calendar unanonymized and in evolution/thunderbird anonymized (for
the same user).

thus my conclusion is that apple calendar queries davical in a way that
it still returns (erronously) unanonymized events.

do you see these things working on apple calendar correctly?

cheers,
hp

--
Hanspeter Kunz                  University of Zurich
Systems Administrator           Department of Informatics
Email: [hidden email]         Binzmühlestrasse 14
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-56714         Office 2.E.07
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch           CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: [hidden email] [hidden email]
---
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
                -- Publilius Syrus

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Ján Máté-2
Hi HP,

you are right. Calendar.app asks for more properties than CalDavZAP (or other clients) ... related fragments from the caldav-REPORT.php:

  switch( $full_tag ) {
    default:
      // executed when you use OS X Calendar.app
      $need_resource = true;
  }
  if ( $need_resource ) {
    // executed when you use OS X Calendar.app
    $elements = $dav_resource->GetPropStat(array_keys($properties), $reply);
  }
  else
  {
    // executed when you use CalDavZAP
  }

I spend about 5 hours with debugging and the result is that there are several bugs in DAViCal and also AWL ...

here are my patches:
http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/confidential-patch/davical/DAVResource.php.diff
http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/confidential-patch/awl/iCalendar.php.diff

Now everything works as expected (the only difference between the results /CalDavZAP vs Calendars.app/ is that the PRODID attribute returned from the server is not the same - but this is not a functional problem /it is a very minor AWL bug/)

Andrew, can you please review these patches?

JM

On 19 Nov 2013, at 16:42, Hanspeter Kunz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi JM,
>
> yes, that was exactly what I was thinking too.
> but if I go to another mac machine, on which the calender in question
> has never been accessed (so there should be nothing in the cache) I
> still see unanonymized calendar events when I enable read access to the
> calendar. furthermore, also newly created confidential events show up in
> apple calendar unanonymized and in evolution/thunderbird anonymized (for
> the same user).
>
> thus my conclusion is that apple calendar queries davical in a way that
> it still returns (erronously) unanonymized events.
>
> do you see these things working on apple calendar correctly?
>
> cheers,
> hp

Re: CLASS=CONFIDENTIAL

Hanspeter Kunz
Hi JM,

I applied your patches to our installation and confidential events seem
to work now also on AppleCalendar.

Many thanks,
Hp

--
Hanspeter Kunz                  University of Zurich
Systems Administrator           Department of Informatics
Email: [hidden email]         Binzmühlestrasse 14
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-56714         Office 2.E.07
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch           CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: [hidden email] [hidden email]
---
An ounce of clear truth is worth a pound of obfuscation.