[Davical-general] CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

[Davical-general] CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Ján Máté-2
Hi everybody,

after ~9 months of work (with 2 my colleagues) we just released our new open source contribution:

CalDavZAP - the open source CalDAV web client - http://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/caldavzap/

Demo: http://www.inf-it.com/caldavzap/

JM

p.s.: there is no invitation support, but in every other aspects I hope the client is better than other clients
p.s.2.: currently tested only with DAViCal

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Vincent Van Houtte
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:51:47 +0100, Ján Máté wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> after ~9 months of work (with 2 my colleagues) we just released our
> new open source contribution:
>

> CalDavZAP - the open source CalDAV web client -
> http://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/caldavzap/
>
> Demo: http://www.inf-it.com/caldavzap/

This is great - I will look into this as soon as time allows.

Two questions:
1. This is version 0.7 - do you have a roadmap available?
2. Do you support 'binding'? This is supposed to be supported in
jqcaldav, but I haven't tried it out. It is (imho) a very import feature
though.

THX!
Vincent

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
Awesome, both projects (CardDavMATE and CalDavZAP).
And AGPL!
I suppose that server requirements are only PHP...5?

Is there a way to use CalDavZAP as public/anonymous viewer (without
login page) ?

Al 28/11/12 01:51, En/na Ján Máté ha escrit:

> Hi everybody,
>
> after ~9 months of work (with 2 my colleagues) we just released our new open source contribution:
>

> CalDavZAP - the open source CalDAV web client - http://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/caldavzap/
>
> Demo: http://www.inf-it.com/caldavzap/
>

> JM
>
> p.s.: there is no invitation support, but in every other aspects I hope the client is better than other clients
> p.s.2.: currently tested only with DAViCal

> Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel:
> INSIGHTS What's next for parallel hardware, programming and related areas?
> Interviews and blogs by thought leaders keep you ahead of the curve.
> http://goparallel.sourceforge.net

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Christoph Steidl
looks very nice!
digging in deeper when there's more time... ;-)

thanks a lot!!

--On Mittwoch, November 28, 2012 01:51:47 +0100 Ján Máté

--

netcar24 GmbH

Systems Engineer

Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universitätsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

Geschäftsführer / CEO: Michael Deuse
Geschäftsführer / CTO: Karsten Stoppe
Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 20055

HOTLINE: +49-1805-808444 *)
FAX:     +49-261-8854350

[hidden email]
www.netcar24.com
www.re-fleet.com

Autohausverwaltung für Profis
Softwaresolutions for automotive retail

*) 14Cent/min aus dem deutschen Festnetz
   max. 42Cent/min aus dem Mobilfunknetz

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten  haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort
netcar24 und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht  gestattet.

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

a great peace of software! Look and feel like Thunderbirds Lighning!
Wunderfull! Thanks a lot.

Two (or three?) bugs i found after install:

1) Some repeating events are shown on wrong date. The german "Nikolaus",
newyear eve, Christmas (24.12.), Christmas eve (25.12.), and 26.12. are
all together shown on 01. December :-) I attached a screenshot. Editing
this items shows the right date and recuring.
2) Dateformat in editing items are not shown in language selected. But
this is only a "optical" issue.
3) When installing into DaviCALs htdoc subdirectory the gui elements
images are not shown. They are addressed as src="images/add_cal.svg" and
so on. Seems the relative url isn't correct?

Again - thanks for the software.
Rudolf

Screen.png (39K) Download Attachment

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

mgia
Awesome work!!!!

-
mgia

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Matthias Mohr
Hello,

a nice peace of software - really well done!

I only had a quick look at the demo page;
I'll do a deeper look with own installation later...

> 1) Some repeating events are shown on wrong date. The german
> "Nikolaus", newyear eve, Christmas (24.12.), Christmas eve (25.12.),
> and 26.12. are all together shown on 01. December :-) I attached a
> screenshot. Editing this items shows the right date and recuring.
Hmm - works at the demo page; daily events don't have timezone information.
Maybe there are strange timezone information set on your events?

May I suggest a few features / ask politely for them?
   - is it possible to add, modify, remove calendar resources for each user?
       (e.g. add calendars from other users to which I have access)
   - Including readonly ics file based calendars or calendars from
       different servers?
   - how can I (or better: each user) set the shown colour for each calendar?
   - how can I set if a calendar should be read only or read / writable?
   - In Thunderbird / Lightning I'm able to set a related group for each event
     which is showed by a small colour bar in the calendar view;
     could this be added (including possibility to change the colour
     for the groups and to add / modify / remove a group from the list
     of possible groups)?
   - is it possible to set the default week starting day (Monday or Sunday);
       for each user
   - is it possible to set the calculation of the calendar week number to
       different schematas?
   - add the possibility to show one of the calendars as "background"
       calendar; e.g. for a public holiday calendar which shows its days
       by changing the background colour for the day e.g. to gray
   - make it possible to fade-out / fade-on the resource / calendar pane
       (and also to make it possible to change the size of it)

Again: A big "thank you" for this peace of software!

regards,
Matthias

HELPING HEADS for Hard- and Software
Fuer Ihre Projekte entwickeln wir massgeschneiderte Loesungen - schnell,
flexibel und direkt vor Ort. Unser eingespieltes Team an erfahrenen Hard-
und Software-Spezialisten unterstuetzt Sie dort, wo Sie uns brauchen.

SysDesign GmbH
Saentisstrasse 25
D-88079 Kressbronn am Bodensee

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Franz Kleiner
Handelsregister: Ulm 632138

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Many thanks for your feedback,

here are the responses to your questions:

- Do you support 'binding'? This is supposed to be supported in jqcaldav, but I haven't tried it out. It is (imho) a very import feature  though.

=> will add in ~2 months (maybe sooner)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Some repeating events are shown on wrong date. The german "Nikolaus", newyear eve, Christmas (24.12.), Christmas eve (25.12.), and 26.12. are all together shown on 01. December :-) I attached a screenshot. Editing this items shows the right date and recuring.
- Dateformat in editing items are not shown in language selected. But this is only a "optical" issue.

=> will fix

- When installing into DaviCALs htdoc subdirectory the gui elements images are not shown. They are addressed as src="images/add_cal.svg" and so on. Seems the relative url isn't correct?

=> looks like you have some bad rewrite rules (no problem in the client itself)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- This is version 0.7 - do you have a roadmap available?

=> will release in ~2 months (fixing all reported bugs is #1 priority)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- I suppose that server requirements are only PHP...5?

=> no PHP5 is not required - both clients are pure JavaScript/jQuery based ... PHP5 is required only if you want to generate dynamic account configuration instead of setting everything statically in config.js
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Is there a way to use CalDavZAP as public/anonymous viewer (without login page) ?

=> yes, you can use globalAccountSettings in config.js (instead of globalNetworkCheckSettings and globalNetworkAccountSettings) ... note: username and password for "anonymous users" will be stored in config.js and publicly visible
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm - works at the demo page; daily events don't have timezone information.
Maybe there are strange timezone information set on your events?

=> for all-day events there is no timezone information because it's unusable (Apple clients use the same approach) - the reason why you need a timezone is that you want to know the event offset from the current timezone - but how to calculate the offset if there is no start and end time (all day events)?

May I suggest a few features / ask politely for them?
  - is it possible to add, modify, remove calendar resources for each user?
      (e.g. add calendars from other users to which I have access)

=> we will add resource management support in the future (currently not a big priority because we use this client in corporate and we really do not want to allow users to change/add resources)

  - Including readonly ics file based calendars or calendars from
      different servers?

=> will add in ~2 months (maybe sooner)

  - how can I (or better: each user) set the shown colour for each calendar?

=> we use colours set by Apple clients (stored as property on server) ... if there is no such property we generate random colors from account hash (so you have the same colour each time you login) ... also not a bit priority (our environment is Davical & iPhones & iPads & CalDavZAP & CardDavMATE) ...
=> currently I generate new color (stored as calendar property) on the server side automatically when a new user is created (ldap sync) using my Pl/PgSQL script available at: http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/create_calendar_colors.sql.txt

  - how can I set if a calendar should be read only or read / writable?

=> set proper DAViCal privileges (it is also possible to emulate "readonly" behaviour using forceReadOnly but it is not recommended - see config.js)

  - In Thunderbird / Lightning I'm able to set a related group for each event
    which is showed by a small colour bar in the calendar view;
    could this be added (including possibility to change the colour
    for the groups and to add / modify / remove a group from the list
    of possible groups)?

=> sorry these groups are not supported in Apple clients so we decided to no add support for this (see our environment) ... also Lightning is VERY bad software with only webdav support (no real caldav sync support) -> this was the reason why we created our client

  - is it possible to set the default week starting day (Monday or Sunday);
      for each user

=> currently not, but will add this feature in future

  - is it possible to set the calculation of the calendar week number to
      different schematas?

=> ?

  - add the possibility to show one of the calendars as "background"
      calendar; e.g. for a public holiday calendar which shows its days
      by changing the background colour for the day e.g. to gray

=> maybe in the future ... I don't see any benefit of this (but maybe I am wrong)

  - make it possible to fade-out / fade-on the resource / calendar pane
      (and also to make it possible to change the size of it)

=> fade-out/fade-on will be supported in our integrated client (CardDavMATE + CalDavZAP = our next software) ... and about size change -> in future
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- for other bugreports you sent me to my e-mail the answer is:

=> yes, we will fix it

JM

p.s.: please report bugs to caldavzap {at} inf-it {dot} com instead of davical mailing list

On Nov 28, 2012, at 1:51 AM, Ján Máté <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> after ~9 months of work (with 2 my colleagues) we just released our new open source contribution:
>

> CalDavZAP - the open source CalDAV web client - http://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/caldavzap/
>
> Demo: http://www.inf-it.com/caldavzap/
>

> JM
>
> p.s.: there is no invitation support, but in every other aspects I hope the client is better than other clients
> p.s.2.: currently tested only with DAViCal

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Johan Vromans
Ján Máté <[hidden email]> writes:

>   - is it possible to set the calculation of the calendar week number to
>       different schematas?
>
> => ?

I think the question is related to different ways of calculation week
numbers. Some 'rules' require week 1 to contain a specified minimum of
working days, other rules may have different requirements.
But probably it is best to stick to ISO 8601.

-- Johan

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Michael Rasmussen
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:35:30 +0100
Ján Máté <[hidden email]> wrote:

> p.s.: please report bugs to caldavzap {at} inf-it {dot} com instead of davical mailing list

I don't consider this as a bug but a special davical setting which
deviate considerably from normal setup in which case a user will never
be able to successfully get caldavzap operational.

If people has installed their davical server using virtual host and/or
in other ways using the recipe from
http://wiki.davical.org/w/Apache_Config Fancy stuff URL Rewriting and
have followed the advice of installing caldavzap in a sub folder
under htdocs the config needs to be changed like this:

RewriteEngine On

# Not if it's the root URL.  You might want to comment this out if you
# want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the admin pages.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$

# Not rewrite calls to caldavzap
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/caldavzap

# Not if it existing file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

# Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]

After changing the above apache needs to be restarted.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

Re: CalDavZAP - the new open source CalDAV web client

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello Michael,

thank you! This solved my "image not shown" problem. Maybe this ruleset
should be appended to the davical rewrite rule wiki (like the rules for
iOS5). It concerns the rules for a "in the davical htdoc" carddavmate
installation too.

Best regards,
Rudolf