[Davical-general] Calendar attendee

Артём
hi!

we have DAViCal 1.1.1 and AWL-0.53 on CentOS 6.
PHP 5.3.3 and Apache 2.2.15.

in file config.php we have
only pg_connect[] ...

and we have problem with invitations (attendee)

when we add attendee to event, mails don't send them
we tried turning debug on thr config with dbd["ALL"]=1 but did not see anything helofull

what we want to do:
server to send mails to addresses that are in the attendee property in the event

ready to answer to any questions

we will be very happy for the help
thanks

Re: Calendar attendee

mgia
Hi,
On 03/06/2013 06:06 AM, Артём wrote:
> what we want to do:
> server to send mails to addresses that are in the attendee property in
> the event
AFAIK Davical doesn't not support sending email invitations.

It is possible to achieve the same functionality from a client, for
example Thunderbird/Lighting.

-
mgia

Re: Calendar attendee

lukas.ruf
Hi

mgia [19.03.2013 16:20]:

> Hi,
> On 03/06/2013 06:06 AM, Артём wrote:
>> what we want to do:
>> server to send mails to addresses that are in the attendee property in
>> the event
> AFAIK Davical doesn't not support sending email invitations.
>
> It is possible to achieve the same functionality from a client, for
> example Thunderbird/Lighting.

Unfortunately, TB/Lightning do not yet support this functionality in
combination with davical.

Please let me know if you find a workaround.

Thanks
Lukas

Re: Calendar attendee

stefan-3
On 03/19/2013 04:30 PM, Lukas Ruf wrote:

> Hi
>
> mgia [19.03.2013 16:20]:
>> Hi,
>> On 03/06/2013 06:06 AM, Артём wrote:
>>> what we want to do:
>>> server to send mails to addresses that are in the attendee property in
>>> the event
>> AFAIK Davical doesn't not support sending email invitations.
>>
>> It is possible to achieve the same functionality from a client, for
>> example Thunderbird/Lighting.
>>
> Unfortunately, TB/Lightning do not yet support this functionality in
> combination with davical.

That is not correct: this setup (with Thunderbird/Lightning sending out
invitations and processing their responses) has been working for me with
an older version of Davical (0.9.9.3-0) and any version of Thunderbird
of the last four years but a lot of woes have been reported on this list
with more recent versions of Davical. It would be interesting to hear if
this is working for other people with the latest Davical.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: Calendar attendee

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

i use Thunderbird/Lighning with DAViCal up from 0.9 to the latest
version. Sending inivations never was a problem, als TB/Lightning seems
to do this on it's on, regardless of a calendar server or local iCal
files. Too, it asks for formating the invitation for Outlook in old
versions.

The only thing i changed many in the DAViCal setup
("/etc/davical/server.name.xx-conf.php) was "$c->enable_auto_schedule
=false;". Whithout this Apples iOS clients assume server side support
for sending invitations. Maybe, TB honores this too.

Bye,
Rudolf

Am 20.03.13 09:47, schrieb Stefan:

> On 03/19/2013 04:30 PM, Lukas Ruf wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> mgia [19.03.2013 16:20]:
>>> Hi,
>>> AFAIK Davical doesn't not support sending email invitations.
>>>
>>> It is possible to achieve the same functionality from a client, for
>>> example Thunderbird/Lighting.
>>>
>> Unfortunately, TB/Lightning do not yet support this functionality in
>> combination with davical.
> That is not correct: this setup (with Thunderbird/Lightning sending out
> invitations and processing their responses) has been working for me with
> an older version of Davical (0.9.9.3-0) and any version of Thunderbird
> of the last four years but a lot of woes have been reported on this list
> with more recent versions of Davical. It would be interesting to hear if
> this is working for other people with the latest Davical.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Calendar attendee

Christoph Steidl-2
hi,

--On Mittwoch, März 20, 2013 10:57:50 +0100 Graf von Roit zu Hoya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i use Thunderbird/Lighning with DAViCal up from 0.9 to the latest
> version. Sending inivations never was a problem, als TB/Lightning seems
> to do this on it's on, regardless of a calendar server or local iCal
> files. Too, it asks for formating the invitation for Outlook in old
> versions.

i can acknowledge this for TB/Lightning
works fine here, too...

cheers,
chris

Re: Calendar attendee

stefan-3
On 03/20/2013 11:18 AM, Christoph Steidl wrote:

> hi,
>
> --On Mittwoch, März 20, 2013 10:57:50 +0100 Graf von Roit zu Hoya
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i use Thunderbird/Lighning with DAViCal up from 0.9 to the latest
>> version. Sending inivations never was a problem, als TB/Lightning seems
>> to do this on it's on, regardless of a calendar server or local iCal
>> files. Too, it asks for formating the invitation for Outlook in old
>> versions.
> i can acknowledge this for TB/Lightning
> works fine here, too...

Thanks a lot for your responses!

Stefan.

Re: Calendar attendee

IngoBelka
Hello,

we are using this feature without any problems.

Kind regards
Ingo Belka
----
Stadt Grimmen, Markt 1, 18507 Grimmen
Grimmen - merk  würdig  schön             http://www.grimmen.de
Tel.: +49 38326 47 228                    [hidden email]
Fax : +49 38326 47 255               [hidden email]

Am 20.03.2013 09:47, schrieb Stefan:

> On 03/19/2013 04:30 PM, Lukas Ruf wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> mgia [19.03.2013 16:20]:
>>> Hi,
>>> AFAIK Davical doesn't not support sending email invitations.
>>>
>>> It is possible to achieve the same functionality from a client, for
>>> example Thunderbird/Lighting.
>>>
>> Unfortunately, TB/Lightning do not yet support this functionality in
>> combination with davical.
>
> That is not correct: this setup (with Thunderbird/Lightning sending out
> invitations and processing their responses) has been working for me with
> an older version of Davical (0.9.9.3-0) and any version of Thunderbird
> of the last four years but a lot of woes have been reported on this list
> with more recent versions of Davical. It would be interesting to hear if
> this is working for other people with the latest Davical.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Kind regards
Ingo from Western Pomerania / Vorpommern

Re: Calendar attendee

lukas.ruf
Dear all

Graf von Roit zu Hoya [20.03.2013 10:57]:

> i use Thunderbird/Lighning with DAViCal up from 0.9 to the latest
> version. Sending inivations never was a problem, als TB/Lightning seems
> to do this on it's on, regardless of a calendar server or local iCal
> files. Too, it asks for formating the invitation for Outlook in old
> versions.

Local iCal was never a problem.

> The only thing i changed many in the DAViCal setup
> ("/etc/davical/server.name.xx-conf.php) was "$c->enable_auto_schedule
> =false;". Whithout this Apples iOS clients assume server side support
> for sending invitations. Maybe, TB honores this too.

However, even with setting $c->enable_auto_schedule = false;  I am not
able to send invitations with DAViCal calendars using latest
TB/Lightning.  In Lightning, the tick-box "Notify Attendees" has a tick,
is grayed out and immutable -- not invitation is sent.

Any idea?

Thanks
Lukas

Re: Calendar attendee

lukas.ruf
Hi Rudolf

Graf von Roit zu Hoya [20.03.2013 10:57]:

> i use Thunderbird/Lighning with DAViCal up from 0.9 to the latest
> version. Sending inivations never was a problem, als TB/Lightning seems
> to do this on it's on, regardless of a calendar server or local iCal
> files. Too, it asks for formating the invitation for Outlook in old
> versions.
>
> The only thing i changed many in the DAViCal setup
> ("/etc/davical/server.name.xx-conf.php) was "$c->enable_auto_schedule
> =false;". Whithout this Apples iOS clients assume server side support
> for sending invitations. Maybe, TB honores this too.

If I may add on this topic: Do you know of a particular setting of
rights required with each calendar in DAViCal to enable sending of
invitations with server-hosted calendars?

Thanks
Lukas

Re: Calendar attendee

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

once upon a time there where settings like this neccessary to PREVENT
sending of invitations, as far as i can remember:

$c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind';
$c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind, addressbook';

In newer releases of DAViCal i commented this settings. But cannot
remember why anymore. Maybe this is a hint for searching the wiki/google.

BTW: Did you assign a mail adress in the TB settings to your server
calendars? Only to be sure.

Regards,
Rudolf

--

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Calendar attendee

lukas.ruf
Dear all

Graf von Roit zu Hoya [21.03.2013 10:24]:

Thanks for your quick reply.

> once upon a time there where settings like this neccessary to PREVENT
> sending of invitations, as far as i can remember:
>
> $c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
> calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind';
> $c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
> calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind, addressbook';

I'll check them asap.  Thanks.

> In newer releases of DAViCal i commented this settings. But cannot
> remember why anymore. Maybe this is a hint for searching the wiki/google.
>
> BTW: Did you assign a mail adress in the TB settings to your server
> calendars? Only to be sure.

Yes, for all calendars that should be used for invitiations.

Btw. my setup:

        * four calendars on DAViCal: three for business, one private (with
respective eMail addresses (3 + 1))
        * large number of local calendars for various reasons.

Thanks,
Lukas

Re: Calendar attendee

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

Am 21.03.13 10:32, schrieb Lukas Ruf:
> Btw. my setup:
>
> * four calendars on DAViCal: three for business, one private (with
> respective eMail addresses (3 + 1))
> * large number of local calendars for various reasons.

Working with nine calendars, five of them on one DAViCal server, one on
a different DAViCal server, two subscribed from a public Internet
resource. One is a local iCal file.

Using TB from version 10 up to now 17.x with this config without any
calendar problem. Platforms from TB are Mac, Linux and Win. All behave
same. A time ago i had a problem with lightning behaving a litte
different in the way addressing input fields when using the tab key.
Uninstalling the extension completely and reinstall did the job. Maybe
this is worth a try. Save your profile will prevent from much useless
work if it doesn't help.

Rudolf