[Davical-general] CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical

[Davical-general] CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical

pcouderc
I have problems of CATEGORIES lost (a "group" in roundcube language)
when updating from roundcube extension rcmcarddav to davical.
I do not know where to seach.
1- Is this this kind of prblem known ?
2- how to enable some trace to check the problem in davical ?

I think this kind of problem may exist too when importing a vcard file,
but it may be my mistake.
Please note that I am using nginx

Re: CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Good morning,

Neither categories or groups are officially supported by the CardDAV RFC. The only possibility for grouping contacts rfc accordingly
is to create different address books…

Regards,

> El 23/7/2015, a las 16:22, Pierre Couderc <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> I have problems of CATEGORIES lost (a "group" in roundcube language)
> when updating from roundcube extension rcmcarddav to davical.
> I do not know where to seach.
> 1- Is this this kind of prblem known ?
> 2- how to enable some trace to check the problem in davical ?
>
> I think this kind of problem may exist too when importing a vcard file,
> but it may be my mistake.
> Please note that I am using nginx

Re: CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical

Ján Máté-2
Hi Egoitz,

"grouping" is not specified in CardDAV RFC, however it is specified in vCard 4.0 RFC,
more precisely:

The CATEGORIES attribute is also supported in vCard 3.0 RFC and it is often abused for creating groups,
even if it is a basic vCard attribute => there is no special requirement for server support.

So the answer for the original question is: the problem is NOT related to DAViCal, it MUST be related
to Roundcube extension.

JM