[Davical-general] Current versions

Nikolai Lusan
Hi,

So I was building the latest versions of DAViCAL and awl for debian
(since they haven't appeared in the repositories yet) and discovered
that the current version of DACiCAL is incompatible with the current
version of awl (the control file specifies a dependency on 0.54 and awl
current is 0.55). Is there away around this? I can't find source for awl
version 0.54 anywhere.

--
Nikolai Lusan <[hidden email]>

Re: Current versions

Richard Mortimer
Hi,

On 11/04/2014 22:42, Nikolai Lusan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I was building the latest versions of DAViCAL and awl for debian
> (since they haven't appeared in the repositories yet) and discovered
> that the current version of DACiCAL is incompatible with the current
> version of awl (the control file specifies a dependency on 0.54 and awl
> current is 0.55). Is there away around this? I can't find source for awl
> version 0.54 anywhere.

You can find the relevant sources for  at

http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/pool/awm/a/awl/

I think you should be able to download using the Debian tools if you use
the following in your APT sources.list file.

deb-src http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian wheezy

Regards

Richard

Re: Current versions

Hi Nikolai,

The easiest way to get a working DAViCal version is:

- install DAViCal 1.1.1 and Awl 0.53 from "deb http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ sid awm" (in case of deb package version conflict force install the package by using: dpkg -i --force....)
- then use my patches from http://www.inf-it.com/davical/ (simply download the tgz file and overwrite the files in /usr/share/davical and /usr/share/awl)

If you want to install it from the GIT then you must use https://gitlab.com/groups/davical-project (it includes all my patches from past and also lot of new patches related to 500 errors), but it is still not in 100% usable state ... read the section 1.2 at: http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Community_Support/Minutes_09Apr2014

JM