[Davical-general] DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

[Davical-general] DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

I've released DAViCal 0.9.9.7 now and there don't seem to be any
egg-on-face issues with it.

This is a stable release (hopefully the most stable yet :-) and a
recommended upgrade if:

- You use Apple devices
- You like to schedule meetings
- You love upgrading software

There's a little more information in the release notes on the wiki at:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.9.7

And also future plans for the next release which will be 0.9.9.8:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Planning/0.9.9.8

If you are able to assist with translating DAViCal, now would be a very
helpful time to do so.  DAViCal translations are done through Transifex,
and there's some information about how to get started here:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Translating_DAViCal

Happy Calendaring!

Regards,
                                        Andrew McMillan.

                        Don't get to bragging.

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Vincent Van Houtte
Hi,

> I've released DAViCal 0.9.9.7 now and there don't seem to be any
> egg-on-face issues with it.

THX

> If you are able to assist with translating DAViCal, now would be a very
> helpful time to do so.  DAViCal translations are done through Transifex,
> and there's some information about how to get started here:

I have updated the Dutch translation and have replied to the Transifex
announcement (with a question), but I don't know if you receive a
notification if someone posts a reply there...

Kind regards,
--
Vincent Van Houtte

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Matthias Fechner
Dear Andrew,

Am 25.10.11 08:17, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> I've released DAViCal 0.9.9.7 now and there don't seem to be any
> egg-on-face issues with it.

thanks a lot for your upgrade.
I tested it now with IOs 5 on my iPhone and with iCal on my Mac and it
works perfectly fine.

I submitted a patch for FreeBSD to update awl and davical in the FreeBSD
port system to the new version.

For the ones how do not want to wait till it is commited, here the two
updates:

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Hanspeter Kunz
Dear Andrew,

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 11:18 +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
> Am 25.10.11 08:17, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> > I've released DAViCal 0.9.9.7 now and there don't seem to be any
> > egg-on-face issues with it.
>
> thanks a lot for your upgrade.
> I tested it now with IOs 5 on my iPhone and with iCal on my Mac and it
> works perfectly fine.

we upgraded from 9.9.4 to 9.9.7 (also the database was updated)

while there is no problem with calendar access, we experience the
following issues (all related to scheduling of meetings):

* scheduling a meeting with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) basically works,
including notification of the invitees. however, the meeting is not
changeable afterwards by the organizer. that is, the organizer cannot
move the meeting, nor add or delete invitees (instead iCal tells me that
I am not the organizer, which is wrong of course). this was working
perfectly with davical 9.9.4. Furthermore, scheduling a meeting with
iCal from lion works. Unfortunately we have a lot of people still using
snowleopard.

* if i delete a scheduled meeting with iCal 4.0.4, the invitees do not
get notified nor is the meeting deleted from their calendars. this also
used to work with davical 9.9.4. This might be connected to the issue
that iCal thinks that I am not the organizer of the event.

* when invitees accept or refuse a scheduled meetings, this is visible
in the event, but the organizer does not get a notification. if I
remember correctly, this was the case with 9.9.4. again, this might be
related to the above issues concerning the organizer of events (if
davical "looses" the information about who organized the event for
example).

if you need more information, server logs, anything, please let me know.
we would be very thankful if we could fix this regressions as soon as
possible.

i will also set up a testing server, so i could do there any tests you
would like me to run.

additional information: we are running the server on debian squeeze, use
ldap-authentication (which works perfectly). I use the following
non-default settings:

  $c->home_calendar_name = 'home';
  $c->default_privileges = array('read-free-busy',
'schedule-query-freebusy', 'schedule-deliver-invite',
     'schedule-deliver-reply', 'schedule-query-freebusy',
'schedule-send-invite', 'schedule-send-reply',
     'schedule-send-freebusy');
  $c->_workaround_client_freebusy_bug = true;

setting these default_privileges was necessary in 9.9.4 in order to make
notifications/scheduling work.

best and many thanks,
Hanspeter

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Andrew McMillan
On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 15:31 +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:

> we upgraded from 9.9.4 to 9.9.7 (also the database was updated)
>
> while there is no problem with calendar access, we experience the
> following issues (all related to scheduling of meetings):
>
> * scheduling a meeting with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) basically works,
> including notification of the invitees. however, the meeting is not
> changeable afterwards by the organizer. that is, the organizer cannot
> move the meeting, nor add or delete invitees (instead iCal tells me that
> I am not the organizer, which is wrong of course). this was working
> perfectly with davical 9.9.4. Furthermore, scheduling a meeting with
> iCal from lion works. Unfortunately we have a lot of people still using
> snowleopard.
>
> * if i delete a scheduled meeting with iCal 4.0.4, the invitees do not
> get notified nor is the meeting deleted from their calendars. this also
> used to work with davical 9.9.4. This might be connected to the issue
> that iCal thinks that I am not the organizer of the event.
The handling of DELETE both by attendee and by organizer were not
written for 0.9.9.7, however both actions have been implemented now, and
will be included in 0.9.9.8.  That's the major functionality change in
the upcoming release.

> * when invitees accept or refuse a scheduled meetings, this is visible
> in the event, but the organizer does not get a notification. if I
> remember correctly, this was the case with 9.9.4. again, this might be
> related to the above issues concerning the organizer of events (if
> davical "looses" the information about who organized the event for
> example).

I'll address further issues like this after the 0.9.9.8 release if it's
still a problem.  I may not have caught all cases, but I believe some of
these are already covered.

> if you need more information, server logs, anything, please let me know.
> we would be very thankful if we could fix this regressions as soon as
> possible.
>
> i will also set up a testing server, so i could do there any tests you
> would like me to run.
>
> additional information: we are running the server on debian squeeze, use
> ldap-authentication (which works perfectly). I use the following
> non-default settings:
>
>   $c->home_calendar_name = 'home';
>   $c->default_privileges = array('read-free-busy',
> 'schedule-query-freebusy', 'schedule-deliver-invite',
>      'schedule-deliver-reply', 'schedule-query-freebusy',
> 'schedule-send-invite', 'schedule-send-reply',
>      'schedule-send-freebusy');
>   $c->_workaround_client_freebusy_bug = true;
>
> setting these default_privileges was necessary in 9.9.4 in order to make
> notifications/scheduling work.
Yes, it will always be necessary to have some of these.  I don't think
you should need the schedule-send-* privileges, except where you grant
those privileges to a person who needs to reply on behalf of someone
else - the owner of a collection will always have these privileges.

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

    Each man is his own prisoner, in solitary confinement for life.

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Hanspeter Kunz
On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 13:53 +1100, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 15:31 +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:
> >
> > we upgraded from 9.9.4 to 9.9.7 (also the database was updated)
> >
> > while there is no problem with calendar access, we experience the
> > following issues (all related to scheduling of meetings):
> >
> > * scheduling a meeting with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) basically works,
> > including notification of the invitees. however, the meeting is not
> > changeable afterwards by the organizer. that is, the organizer cannot
> > move the meeting, nor add or delete invitees (instead iCal tells me that
> > I am not the organizer, which is wrong of course). this was working
> > perfectly with davical 9.9.4. Furthermore, scheduling a meeting with
> > iCal from lion works. Unfortunately we have a lot of people still using
> > snowleopard.
> >
> > * if i delete a scheduled meeting with iCal 4.0.4, the invitees do not
> > get notified nor is the meeting deleted from their calendars. this also
> > used to work with davical 9.9.4. This might be connected to the issue
> > that iCal thinks that I am not the organizer of the event.
>
> The handling of DELETE both by attendee and by organizer were not
> written for 0.9.9.7, however both actions have been implemented now, and
> will be included in 0.9.9.8.  That's the major functionality change in
> the upcoming release.

ok. more important to us, however, is the first problem I reported, that
an organizer cannot change its own meeting after creation, with iCal
4.0.4. *This was working perfectly with 0.9.9.4*. Note that it is still
working with iCal from Lion also with 0.9.9.7. Is this a known problem?
Does 0.9.9.7 not support iCal 4.0.4 anymore? Or might it be a
configuration issue?

Furthermore, we just realized this, with 0.9.9.7 delegations stopped
working with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) whereas they work with iCal from
Lion. Is this to be expected? Or is this supposed to work with 0.9.9.7?

> > * when invitees accept or refuse a scheduled meetings, this is visible
> > in the event, but the organizer does not get a notification. if I
> > remember correctly, this was the case with 9.9.4. again, this might be
> > related to the above issues concerning the organizer of events (if
> > davical "looses" the information about who organized the event for
> > example).
>
> I'll address further issues like this after the 0.9.9.8 release if it's
> still a problem.  I may not have caught all cases, but I believe some of
> these are already covered.

ok, are there already plans when 0.9.9.8 will be ready?

Best,
Hp

> > if you need more information, server logs, anything, please let me know.
> > we would be very thankful if we could fix this regressions as soon as
> > possible.
> >
> > i will also set up a testing server, so i could do there any tests you
> > would like me to run.
> >
> > additional information: we are running the server on debian squeeze, use
> > ldap-authentication (which works perfectly). I use the following
> > non-default settings:
> >
> >   $c->home_calendar_name = 'home';
> >   $c->default_privileges = array('read-free-busy',
> > 'schedule-query-freebusy', 'schedule-deliver-invite',
> >      'schedule-deliver-reply', 'schedule-query-freebusy',
> > 'schedule-send-invite', 'schedule-send-reply',
> >      'schedule-send-freebusy');
> >   $c->_workaround_client_freebusy_bug = true;
> >
> > setting these default_privileges was necessary in 9.9.4 in order to make
> > notifications/scheduling work.
>
> Yes, it will always be necessary to have some of these.  I don't think
> you should need the schedule-send-* privileges, except where you grant
> those privileges to a person who needs to reply on behalf of someone
> else - the owner of a collection will always have these privileges.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.

Re: DAViCal 0.9.9.7 released

Hanspeter Kunz
On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 11:47 +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 13:53 +1100, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 15:31 +0100, Hanspeter Kunz wrote:
> > >
> > > we upgraded from 9.9.4 to 9.9.7 (also the database was updated)
> > >
> > > while there is no problem with calendar access, we experience the
> > > following issues (all related to scheduling of meetings):
> > >
> > > * scheduling a meeting with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) basically works,
> > > including notification of the invitees. however, the meeting is not
> > > changeable afterwards by the organizer. that is, the organizer cannot
> > > move the meeting, nor add or delete invitees (instead iCal tells me that
> > > I am not the organizer, which is wrong of course). this was working
> > > perfectly with davical 9.9.4. Furthermore, scheduling a meeting with
> > > iCal from lion works. Unfortunately we have a lot of people still using
> > > snowleopard.
> > >
> > > * if i delete a scheduled meeting with iCal 4.0.4, the invitees do not
> > > get notified nor is the meeting deleted from their calendars. this also
> > > used to work with davical 9.9.4. This might be connected to the issue
> > > that iCal thinks that I am not the organizer of the event.
> >
> > The handling of DELETE both by attendee and by organizer were not
> > written for 0.9.9.7, however both actions have been implemented now, and
> > will be included in 0.9.9.8.  That's the major functionality change in
> > the upcoming release.
>
> ok. more important to us, however, is the first problem I reported, that
> an organizer cannot change its own meeting after creation, with iCal
> 4.0.4. *This was working perfectly with 0.9.9.4*. Note that it is still
> working with iCal from Lion also with 0.9.9.7. Is this a known problem?
> Does 0.9.9.7 not support iCal 4.0.4 anymore? Or might it be a
> configuration issue?
>
> Furthermore, we just realized this, with 0.9.9.7 delegations stopped
> working with iCal 4.0.4 (snowleopard) whereas they work with iCal from
> Lion. Is this to be expected? Or is this supposed to work with 0.9.9.7?

ok, we found how we could solve the above issues. iCal 4.0.4 uses

  /principal/user/[username]

as server path. If we set this to

  /caldav.php/[username]

everything works as expected.
With davical 0.9.9.4 no such manual configuration was necessary.

thanks,
Hp