[Davical-general] DAViCal web client

lejeczek
hi everybody

I'm wondering... would it be possible to somehow squeeze web
client into DAViCal server on virtual host?
with means of some fancy rewrite rules maybe?

regards
Pawel

Re: DAViCal web client

Andrew McMillan
On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 16:36 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> hi everybody
>
> I'm wondering... would it be possible to somehow squeeze web
> client into DAViCal server on virtual host?
> with means of some fancy rewrite rules maybe?

I just unpack jqcaldav or carddav-mate or the like into their own
directory and then alias that into DAViCal's space as /caldav
or /carddav

Works like a charm :-)

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

                        Yow!  Are we wet yet?

Re: DAViCal web client

lejeczek
it indeed does! thanks! for the tip.
on the DAViCal own web client, have you tried it?
it confuses me a bit, setup/installation for pgsql asks for
postgresql dba & postgresql dba password,
which are these?

On 29/07/12 13:37, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 16:36 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
>> hi everybody
>>
>> I'm wondering... would it be possible to somehow squeeze web
>> client into DAViCal server on virtual host?
>> with means of some fancy rewrite rules maybe?
> I just unpack jqcaldav or carddav-mate or the like into their own
> directory and then alias that into DAViCal's space as /caldav
> or /carddav
>
> Works like a charm :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.

Re: DAViCal web client

Michael Rasmussen
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:16:20 +0100
lejeczek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it confuses me a bit, setup/installation for pgsql asks for
> postgresql dba & postgresql dba password,
> which are these?

These refers to the fact that the web client has its own database. If
you prefer to use the same database manager running your davical
instans simply point the installer to this instans. The reason for
asking for the postgresql dba and password is to be able to create a
database and a user for the web client in this database manager.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

Re: Possible bug when syncing LDAP-groups

Maik Nergert
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Bulk] Re: DAViCal web client

lejeczek
thanks Michael for clarifying things for me, however
I'm still not sure I get the hang of these users/password
relations
davical server runs just fine, now for postgres the dba is
postgres as per default installation, yet when I try these I
get, probably common:

stage2: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server:
Permission denied Is the server running on host "localhost"
and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I did tamper with pg_hba.conf so to test it I get connection
locally and remotely as postgres user
I'm at loss to follow this,
any thoughts?

On 30/07/12 12:12, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:16:20 +0100
> lejeczek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> it confuses me a bit, setup/installation for pgsql asks for
>> postgresql dba & postgresql dba password,
>> which are these?
>>
> These refers to the fact that the web client has its own database. If
> you prefer to use the same database manager running your davical
> instans simply point the installer to this instans. The reason for
> asking for the postgresql dba and password is to be able to create a
> database and a user for the web client in this database manager.

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [Bulk] Re: DAViCal web client

Michael Rasmussen
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:40:46 +0100
lejeczek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks Michael for clarifying things for me, however
> I'm still not sure I get the hang of these users/password
> relations
> davical server runs just fine, now for postgres the dba is
> postgres as per default installation, yet when I try these I
> get, probably common:
>
> stage2: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server:
> Permission denied Is the server running on host "localhost"
> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> I did tamper with pg_hba.conf so to test it I get connection
> locally and remotely as postgres user
> I'm at loss to follow this,
> any thoughts?

The user postgres will, by default, only be allowed to connect via a
unix socket on localhost which is configured by this line:
local   all         all                               ident

What I would suggest for you to do is the following:
As root
1) createuser -P -s sys
2) Add this line as the first line after the first line starting by
host in the file pg_hba.conf:
host   all         sys 127.0.0.1/32 md5
3) restart postgresql

Use this newly created user as postgres dba

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: DAViCal web client

lejeczek
yes, well, setup got me frustrated and I did not notice that
at one point setup process got through,
I fixed postress user and it got to "webcal" user
complaining about lack of permission
it would help to fix the wiki pages for the client, I've
search the archives and saw this kind of situation I got
myself into many many people experienced, and still do

tip that webcal user need to be setup for webcal database in
postgres' pg_hba.conf (in one finely controls access to
postgres)

now my question would be, can the client be squeezed into
the sama vhost DAViCal server is in?

  regards

On 30/07/12 18:09, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:40:46 +0100
> lejeczek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> thanks Michael for clarifying things for me, however
>> I'm still not sure I get the hang of these users/password
>> relations
>> davical server runs just fine, now for postgres the dba is
>> postgres as per default installation, yet when I try these I
>> get, probably common:
>>
>> stage2: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server:
>> Permission denied Is the server running on host "localhost"
>> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>>
>> I did tamper with pg_hba.conf so to test it I get connection
>> locally and remotely as postgres user
>> I'm at loss to follow this,
>> any thoughts?
>>
> The user postgres will, by default, only be allowed to connect via a
> unix socket on localhost which is configured by this line:
> local   all         all                               ident
>
> What I would suggest for you to do is the following:
> As root
> 1) createuser -P -s sys
> 2) Add this line as the first line after the first line starting by
> host in the file pg_hba.conf:
> host   all         sys 127.0.0.1/32 md5
> 3) restart postgresql
>
> Use this newly created user as postgres dba

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: DAViCal web client

Fabian Wenk
Hello lejeczek

On 31.07.2012 11:25, lejeczek wrote:
> now my question would be, can the client be squeezed into
> the sama vhost DAViCal server is in?

I guess Andrew did answer you this already in the posting "Re:
[Davical-general] DAViCal web client" [1] in this same thread.

   [1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29605596

bye
Fabian