[Davical-general] Davical feature request

[Davical-general] Davical feature request

skotthof
Dear Davical-Team,

at first thanks for that create piece of software! We use Davical now since few years
and think, there is nothing other easy to use and functional like that around.

We gain some new users last time, which like to have special features.
(They want to sync also the color of a calendar)
I searched around, and find some promising patches here:
https://www.inf-it.com/davical/
I think about using them, but at the moment I use the 1.1.1 from debian maybe I should switch to
the source version before.

Anyway the davical-project seemed to quit outdated at the website, but I found the reason here:
http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Community_Support - OK fine, seems to be ongoing, nice!

Are there some plans for a new official release in the future, applying some of the patches from
the website above?

Regards Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kotthoff
Rechenzentrum

Tel: +49 621 181 2516
Fax: +49 621 181 2682

Re: Davical feature request

Vincent Van Houtte
Hi,

On 28/05/2014 09:45, skotthof wrote:
> Are there some plans for a new official release in the future,
> applying some of the patches from
> the website above?

Yes there is - Jan Maté is testing his latest set of patches, including
performance patches, and he and the team will release a new version once
it has been deemed stable enough.

I am, like you, waiting for this new version and would like to offer my
(limited) testing capabilities to the team. I would install a new server
to use privately without the risk of losing important data and in a
second step I would install a second version in my office for
beta-testing (at a moment when data-loss is out of the question).

Kr,
Vincent

Re: Davical feature request

Marcelo Coelho
Hi,

Me too. I'm also waiting for a new release and would test it for syncing between ios devices and (probably) thunderbird.

Cheers,
Marcelo

On 28/05/2014 09:45, skotthof wrote:
> Are there some plans for a new official release in the future,
> applying some of the patches from
> the website above?

Yes there is - Jan Maté is testing his latest set of patches, including
performance patches, and he and the team will release a new version once
it has been deemed stable enough.

I am, like you, waiting for this new version and would like to offer my
(limited) testing capabilities to the team. I would install a new server
to use privately without the risk of losing important data and in a
second step I would install a second version in my office for
beta-testing (at a moment when data-loss is out of the question).

Kr,
Vincent

Re: Davical feature request

Hi all,

things will be little bit slower next ~45 days because after 15 years I will move from Bratislava
to Prague. Then I will work on the remaining issues, and hope that we can release the next
version in ~Aug ...

JM

On 28 May 2014, at 09:45, skotthof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Davical-Team,
>
> at first thanks for that create piece of software! We use Davical now since few years
> and think, there is nothing other easy to use and functional like that around.
>
> We gain some new users last time, which like to have special features.
> (They want to sync also the color of a calendar)
> I searched around, and find some promising patches here:
> https://www.inf-it.com/davical/
> I think about using them, but at the moment I use the 1.1.1 from debian maybe I should switch to
> the source version before.
>
> Anyway the davical-project seemed to quit outdated at the website, but I found the reason here:
> http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Community_Support - OK fine, seems to be ongoing, nice!
>
> Are there some plans for a new official release in the future, applying some of the patches from
> the website above?
>
> Regards Sebastian
>
> --
> Sebastian Kotthoff
> Rechenzentrum
> Universität Mannheim
> B6, 23-29; Building B; Room 1.16
> 68159 Mannheim
>
> Tel: +49 621 181 2516
> Fax: +49 621 181 2682

Re: Davical feature request

Vincent Van Houtte
Hi Jan,

> things will be little bit slower next ~45 days because after 15 years
> I will move from Bratislava
> to Prague. Then I will work on the remaining issues, and hope that we
> can release the next
> version in ~Aug ...

First of all, Godspeed with the move!

Secondly, am I correct in presuming the Master-branch on Gitlab
currently holds all your patches?

Thirdly, you have written more than once the current state is not stable
yet, but would you label it '(pre-)alpha' or 'beta'?

With that information, maybe some people can test while you're moving
and settling in :)

Kr and a big thank you for your hard work,
Vincent

Re: Davical feature request

Ján Máté-2
Hi Vincent & all,

On 28 May 2014, at 13:27, Vincent Van Houtte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
>> things will be little bit slower next ~45 days because after 15 years
>> I will move from Bratislava
>> to Prague. Then I will work on the remaining issues, and hope that we
>> can release the next
>> version in ~Aug ...
>
> First of all, Godspeed with the move!
>
> Secondly, am I correct in presuming the Master-branch on Gitlab
> currently holds all your patches?
yes

> Thirdly, you have written more than once the current state is not stable
> yet, but would you label it '(pre-)alpha' or 'beta'?

it is something between beta & stable ... I know only about bugs related to
invitation functionality (if you don't use it, then it is safe to try it).

You can download the current GIT from Gitlab but I also created a "package"

http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/davical-git.zip

which contains 2 directories "davical-devel" and "awl-devel". You need to
move both to /usr/share, then create a new virtualhost for DAViCal (e.g.
on different port) and change the configuration to use these new directories ...

You can use BOTH - stable (current version) and the devel (from the URL
above) versions on the same database without any problems.

JM