[Davical-general] Davical homepage: wiki links

[Davical-general] Davical homepage: wiki links

mu3pheih
Hi list,

It seems that there are quire many broken links in Davical homepage that
point to the wiki.

I guess the URLs
http://wiki.davical.org/w/{Main_Page,Configuration} should redirect to
the wiki page.

What would be the best way to do this?

Btw, I have contacted Tony regarding write access and adding members) to
Davical Wiki.

-m

Re: Davical homepage: wiki links

Jim Fenton
mu3,

What needs to be done is to set up the web server on the wiki to do
rewrites for these types of URLs.  See
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL/Apache for how to do that
for Apache, and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL#Guides
for other server software.

Glad you have been in touch with Tony, who I presume is the operator of
the davical.dhits.nl machine.  I have contacted Jelle, who in the past
has operated the wiki.davical.gmta.nl machine. Jelle is willing to
provide hosting for the wiki, but doesn't have much time to support us.
If Tony can help us get accounts set up and get the rewriting going,
it's probably best to stay there.  Otherwise, we can move to Jelle's
free hosting.

Let me know what you hear from Tony.

-Jim

On 2/20/14 5:45 AM, mu3 wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> It seems that there are quire many broken links in Davical homepage that
> point to the wiki.
>
> I guess the URLs
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/{Main_Page,Configuration} should redirect to
> the wiki page.
>
> What would be the best way to do this?
>
> Btw, I have contacted Tony regarding write access and adding members) to
> Davical Wiki.
>
> -m

Re: Davical homepage: wiki links

mu3pheih
Hi everyone,

I can confirm that the wiki links are redirecting correctly.
I hope that there isn't anything missing.

Thanks Tony.

-m

Re: Davical homepage: wiki links

webmaster
Ok french page are ok but the available language and missing languages menu didn't work at all.