[Davical-general] Davical new release?

Marcelo Coelho
Hi!

First of all, thank you for your dedication in developing davical. Unfortunately I'm having a real beating trying to setup a ldap and davical environment to share contacts and calendar between ios devices. When it looks like something is working something else is broken. After some time searching, the web provides a fix for it as it's a known issue. Don't get me wrong, but this is a little frustrating.

Can I humbly ask why don't you release a new version of davical? Doesn't have to be a major version, just somehting that has all the currently known fixes.

I volunteer to test it on Gentoo. :)

Cheers

Re: Davical new release?

Ján Máté-2
Hi Marcelo,

short story:

1.) Andrew Mcmillan (DAViCal main developer) is quite busy and currently has no time for DAViCal
2.) the latest stable release is DAViCal 1.1.1 and Awl 0.53 (note: 1.1.2 was never released) and it works well with my fixes from http://www.inf-it.com/davical/
3.) in the current GIT there are a ton of commits (including ***MAJOR*** changes in Awl) and it is NOT usable (simple tasks as new event/todo creation, deletion and synchronization works with the GIT at https://gitlab.com/groups/davical-project , but there are a ton of broken code related to invitation functionality /which worked well in 1.1.1/)
4.) I work on DAViCal and Awl and hope that working/stable version is coming in ~1-2 week(s) [I have lot of uncommitted fixes/changes but there are still at least 13 remaining issues]
5.) if the Gitlab version will work well then we can speak about package releases ...

JM

On 04 Apr 2014, at 12:43, Marcelo Coelho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> First of all, thank you for your dedication in developing davical. Unfortunately I'm having a real beating trying to setup a ldap and davical environment to share contacts and calendar between ios devices. When it looks like something is working something else is broken. After some time searching, the web provides a fix for it as it's a known issue. Don't get me wrong, but this is a little frustrating.
>
> Can I humbly ask why don't you release a new version of davical? Doesn't have to be a major version, just somehting that has all the currently known fixes.
>
> I volunteer to test it on Gentoo. :)
>

> Cheers

Re: Davical new release?

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
More details about the reorganization process:
http://wiki.davical.org/index.php/Community_Support

Al 04/04/14 12:43, En/na Marcelo Coelho ha escrit:

> Hi!
>

> First of all, thank you for your dedication in developing davical.
> Unfortunately I'm having a real beating trying to setup a ldap and
> davical environment to share contacts and calendar between ios devices.
> When it looks like something is working something else is broken. After
> some time searching, the web provides a fix for it as it's a known
> issue. Don't get me wrong, but this is a little frustrating.
>
> Can I humbly ask why don't you release a new version of davical? Doesn't
> have to be a major version, just somehting that has all the currently
> known fixes.
>
> I volunteer to test it on Gentoo. :)
>

> Cheers

Re: Davical new release?

Marcelo Coelho
Thank you all for your quick replies.

In that case I'll wait until your work is ready and I'll gladly test it on a postgresql 9.3, php 5.5 and ldap environment with syncing between ios7.1 devices. Php/sql is not my cup of tea unfortunately so can be much of assistance.

Good work!

Cheers