[Davical-general] Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

[Davical-general] Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

pcouderc
There is a problemĀ  with theĀ  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is "PlPgSQL" instead of "plpgsql" in davical.sql line 65, and certainly in some other files.
I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql ( https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).

What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?

Thank you,
Pierre Couderc

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

Florian Schlichting-2
Hi Pierre,

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 03:39:34PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and certainly in
> some other files.
> I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql (
> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).
>
> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?

you can equally just install the davical 1.1.3.1 Debian package (along
with libawl-php), which you can find in newer versions of Ubuntu or
Debian stable/testing. DAViCal and AWL are pure PHP/SQL/Shell packages
with no compiled parts and few dependencies, so what's otherwise a no-go
in production environments should not be a problem here.

I'm still planning to create apt package repositories for "current
DAViCal release' and possibly even 'DAViCal nightly build' that people
running stable Debian and Ubuntu versions can include in their
sources.list to benefit from the latest bugfixes and developments. It's
just a question of finding a few hours...

Florian

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

Nikolai Lusan
On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 15:39 +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and
> certainly
> in some other files.

Firstly I'd recommend reporting this to the package maintainer, or
whoever is in charge of things for Ubuntu LTS support. Since it can be
fixed by a simple search and replace they _could_ fix the package if it
fits within their requirements for updates in an LTS package.

> I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql (
> https://gitlab.com/davical
> -project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).

That is from a newer release than what the Ubuntu package is built
from.

> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?

In terms of a quick fix I would recommend building the davical package
from source (if you have a deb-src entry in your sources.list then you
can use tools like apt-src to install source and build deps). That way
you can make these small changes with a patch (you will need to learn
quilt - which is easy) to be applied at build time. You can also only
bump the package version in such a way that if Ubuntu choose to fix the
package in the repositories they will override your local fix. This
keeps Davical in the package management system, as opposed to
installing from something newer, or having to maintain an out of tree
code base. It is also possible to just do the patch on the installed
files, although you may then need to verify that they get overwritten
on an update/upgrade.

--
Nikolai Lusan <[hidden email]>

On 07/01/2015 04:20 PM, Nikolai Lusan wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 15:39 +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
>> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
>> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and
>> certainly
>> in some other files.
> Firstly I'd recommend reporting this to the package maintainer, or
> whoever is in charge of things for Ubuntu LTS support. Since it can be
> fixed by a simple search and replace they _could_ fix the package if it
> fits within their requirements for updates in an LTS package.

Yes, I have done that.

> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?
> In terms of a quick fix I would recommend building the davical package
> from source (if you have a deb-src entry in your sources.list then you
> can use tools like apt-src to install source and build deps). That way
> you can make these small changes with a patch (you will need to learn
> quilt - which is easy) to be applied at build time. You can also only
> bump the package version in such a way that if Ubuntu choose to fix the
> package in the repositories they will override your local fix. This
> keeps Davical in the package management system, as opposed to
> installing from something newer, or having to maintain an out of tree
> code base. It is also possible to just do the patch on the installed
> files, although you may then need to verify that they get overwritten
> on an update/upgrade.

Thank you, I shall see that if backport fails, but it is a bit complex
for my knowledge...

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

pcouderc
Thank you, I shall try the backport.

On 07/01/2015 04:16 PM, Florian Schlichting wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 03:39:34PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
>> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
>> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and certainly in
>> some other files.
>> I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql (
>> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).
>>
>> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?
> you can equally just install the davical 1.1.3.1 Debian package (along
> with libawl-php), which you can find in newer versions of Ubuntu or
> Debian stable/testing. DAViCal and AWL are pure PHP/SQL/Shell packages
> with no compiled parts and few dependencies, so what's otherwise a no-go
> in production environments should not be a problem here.
>
> I'm still planning to create apt package repositories for "current
> DAViCal release' and possibly even 'DAViCal nightly build' that people
> running stable Debian and Ubuntu versions can include in their
> sources.list to benefit from the latest bugfixes and developments. It's
> just a question of finding a few hours...
>
> Florian

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

Project's APT repositories is a great idea.

El 01/07/15 a les 16:16, Florian Schlichting ha escrit:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 03:39:34PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
>> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
>> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and certainly in
>> some other files.
>> I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql (
>> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).
>>
>> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?
>
> you can equally just install the davical 1.1.3.1 Debian package (along
> with libawl-php), which you can find in newer versions of Ubuntu or
> Debian stable/testing. DAViCal and AWL are pure PHP/SQL/Shell packages
> with no compiled parts and few dependencies, so what's otherwise a no-go
> in production environments should not be a problem here.
>
> I'm still planning to create apt package repositories for "current
> DAViCal release' and possibly even 'DAViCal nightly build' that people
> running stable Debian and Ubuntu versions can include in their
> sources.list to benefit from the latest bugfixes and developments. It's
> just a question of finding a few hours...
>
> Florian

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

pcouderc
Thank you, I had  - nearly - no problem installing from ubuntu .deb
(under nginx http or https).

I put here my https nginx config if it may help :

####  serveur  davical
server {
         server_name davical.xxxxxx.com;
         root    /usr/share/davical/htdocs;
         index index.html index.htm index.php index.pl;
# begin : https section
         listen 443;
         ssl on;
         ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/certs/tol-cacert.pem;
         ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/private/tol-cacert.key;
         ssl_session_timeout 5m;
         ssl_protocols SSLv3 TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
         ssl_ciphers "HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5 or HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5:!3DES";
         ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
# end : https section
         keepalive_timeout 0;
         location /images/ {
         }
         location / {
                 try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
         }
         location ~ ^(.+\.php)(.*)$ {
         include fastcgi_params;
                 fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
$document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                 fastcgi_pass   unix:/tmp/php.socket;

                 fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(.*)$;
                 fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
                 fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED
$document_root$fastcgi_path_info;

                 fastcgi_read_timeout 180;
                 fastcgi_buffers 4 256k;
                 fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
         }

         location ~ \.php$ {
                 fastcgi_pass   unix:/tmp/php.socket;
                 fastcgi_index  index.php;
                 fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
$document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                 include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
         }

}

On 07/01/2015 04:16 PM, Florian Schlichting wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 03:39:34PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>> There is a problem  with the  davical package in Ubuntu14.4 LTS with
>> postgresql (9.3) : it seems that one of the points is that there is
>> "PlPgSQL" instead of "|plpgsql|" in davical.sql line 65, and certainly in
>> some other files.
>> I see this has been corrected in the git version of davical.sql (
>> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/dba/davical.sql ).
>>
>> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?
> you can equally just install the davical 1.1.3.1 Debian package (along
> with libawl-php), which you can find in newer versions of Ubuntu or
> Debian stable/testing. DAViCal and AWL are pure PHP/SQL/Shell packages
> with no compiled parts and few dependencies, so what's otherwise a no-go
> in production environments should not be a problem here.
>
> I'm still planning to create apt package repositories for "current
> DAViCal release' and possibly even 'DAViCal nightly build' that people
> running stable Debian and Ubuntu versions can include in their
> sources.list to benefit from the latest bugfixes and developments. It's
> just a question of finding a few hours...
>
> Florian

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

Pierre, I've added your information at:
http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php/Nginx_Config

El 06/07/15 a les 23:14, Pierre Couderc ha escrit:

> [...]
>>>
>>> What is the best workaround ? Installing from tar, from git ?
>> you can equally just install the davical 1.1.3.1 Debian package (along
>> with libawl-php), which you can find in newer versions of Ubuntu or
>> Debian stable/testing. DAViCal and AWL are pure PHP/SQL/Shell packages
>> with no compiled parts and few dependencies, so what's otherwise a no-go
>> in production environments should not be a problem here.
>>
>> I'm still planning to create apt package repositories for "current
>> DAViCal release' and possibly even 'DAViCal nightly build' that people
>> running stable Debian and Ubuntu versions can include in their
>> sources.list to benefit from the latest bugfixes and developments. It's
>> just a question of finding a few hours...
>>
>> Florian

Re: Davical package in Ubuntu 14.4 LST and postgesql 9.3

Glad to  - slightly - contribute. But  I can only say that it seems to
work for me...