[Davical-general] Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Davical-general] Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration

Musall, Maik
Hi,

I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:

davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 28
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-calendar-transp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:opaque/>\n</schedule-calendar-transp>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 36
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<supported-calendar-component-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:comp name="VEVENT"/>\n</supported-calendar-component-set>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 36
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<supported-calendar-component-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:comp name="VEVENT"/>\n</supported-calendar-component-set>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 28
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-calendar-transp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:opaque/>\n</schedule-calendar-transp>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue

I did run the upgrade-davical-database script recently, although missed that in the beginning.

Based on the error messages, I was unable to find the cause, let alone fix it. PHP installation seems fine, the dependendies listed in setup.php are all green and "Passed".

Any hints?

Thanks
Maik
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration

Florian Schlichting-2
Hi,

> I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:

that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?

> davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
> davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
> davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue

those are unrelated (but it is an open question if this is iOS producing
wrong XML or the PHP XML parser being wrong / strict - any XML experts
around?)

Florian


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration

Musall, Maik
Hi,

> Am 31.05.2017 um 12:06 schrieb Florian Schlichting <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:
>
> that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?

Interesting. Applied this to my installation, testing. I wonder why this patch didn't show up in Ubuntu's update stream. Aren't bug fixes like this supposed to be fed into that?

>
>> davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
>> davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
>> davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
>
> those are unrelated (but it is an open question if this is iOS producing
> wrong XML or the PHP XML parser being wrong / strict - any XML experts
> around?)

Maik


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration

Florian Schlichting-2
> >> I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:
> >
> > that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?
>
> Interesting. Applied this to my installation, testing. I wonder why this patch didn't show up in Ubuntu's update stream. Aren't bug fixes like this supposed to be fed into that?

the problem has been around for a while, we only recently found the fix
and haven't made a release yet. Ubuntu will get it in due course, but
whether it comes to older releases as well depends on how you (and the
relevant gatekeepers) judge its severity.

Florian


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Loading...