[Davical-general] Does Davical do task/todo sharing

[Davical-general] Does Davical do task/todo sharing

John Beavers
My company is researching caldav servers and we need to be able to share
tasks between users. Can the system do that or only share calendars? Or,
are tasks associated with calendars and everybody can see the tasks
associated with the calendar?

Thanks,
John

Re: Does Davical do task/todo sharing

Andrew McMillan
On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 22:40 -0600, John Beavers wrote:
> My company is researching caldav servers and we need to be able to share
> tasks between users. Can the system do that or only share calendars? Or,
> are tasks associated with calendars and everybody can see the tasks
> associated with the calendar?

Hi John,

DAViCal allows tasks (VTODO) to be stored in calendars either alongside
VEVENT or in separate calendar collections.  CalDAV (in general) allows
this, although some CalDAV servers (not DAViCal) restrict a given
calendar collection to have only one type of resource (VEVENT / VTODO /
VJOURNAL) and some CalDAV servers do not allow for VJOURNAL.

DAViCal does not implement per-task permissions, except for the case of
ATTENDEEs, who can see tasks where they are an ATTENDEE even though they
have only free/busy permissions for the a calendar collection.

Additionally, if there is some functionality missing from DAViCal which
you would like to see then I can provide a quote for the development
work involved.  Developed extensions are usually included directly in
the normal released DAViCal version, unless we're explicitly contracted
not to do that.

Regards,
                                        Andrew McMillan.
  The difference between a crazy person and an intelligent one is that
 the crazy one doesn't realize what makes sense in the world. -- Linus
                                Torvalds