[Davical-general] Dump address book

Matthias Fechner
Dear list,

I have a backup script that download all my calendars on a daily basis,
so I can restore it as ical files if necessary.

I wanted now to test the address book implementation in davical, but the
get request is not supported here.
Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

Thanks
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: Dump address book

Wolfgang Hennerbichler
On 03/29/2012 08:51 AM, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

I guess it's not the answer that you're looking for, but you could
always dump your postgres-database.

> Thanks
> Matthias

Wolfgang

--
http://www.wogri.com

Re: Dump address book

Christoph Steidl
hi,

psql> select caldav_data from caldav_data where caldav_type='VCARD' and
user_no = 1002;

setting some options on psql to suppress headers and dumping output to a
'file.vcf' should do what you want...

cheers,
chris

--On Donnerstag, März 29, 2012 08:51:55 +0200 Matthias Fechner

--

netcar24 GmbH

Systems Engineer

Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universitätsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

Geschäftsführer / CEO: Michael Deuse
Geschäftsführer / CTO: Karsten Stoppe
Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 20055

HOTLINE: +49-1805-808444 *)
FAX:     +49-261-8854350

[hidden email]
www.netcar24.com
www.re-fleet.com

Autohausverwaltung für Profis
Softwaresolutions for automotive retail

*) 14Cent/min aus dem deutschen Festnetz
   max. 42Cent/min aus dem Mobilfunknetz

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten  haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort
netcar24 und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht  gestattet.

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.

Re: Dump address book

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 08:51 +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a backup script that download all my calendars on a daily basis,
> so I can restore it as ical files if necessary.
>
> I wanted now to test the address book implementation in davical, but the
> get request is not supported here.
> Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

There's some scripts in current Git HEAD which can dump / load a
calendar or addressbook without using the Apache interface (calling
internal DAViCal APIs) so the next release will be better...

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

                 My cup hath runneth'd over with love.

Re: Dump address book

Matthias Fechner
Am 29.03.12 11:43, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> There's some scripts in current Git HEAD which can dump / load a
> calendar or addressbook without using the Apache interface (calling
> internal DAViCal APIs) so the next release will be better...

thanks a lot for your answer, I will wait then for the next release.

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook