[Davical-general] Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

12

[Davical-general] Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
hi everybody

I'm trying iCal 5.0.3, davical 1.1.1 and uses mod_rewrite,
how to fix it without braking anything that is working just
fine already, which is thunderbird  + lightning.

many thanks for any suggestions
cheers

Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Fabian Wenk
Hello

On 25.07.2012 11:58, lejeczek wrote:
> hi everybody
>
> I'm trying iCal 5.0.3, davical 1.1.1 and uses mod_rewrite,
> how to fix it without braking anything that is working just
> fine already, which is thunderbird  + lightning.

I use the following rewrite rules:

RewriteEngine On
# Not if it's the root URL. You might want to comment this out
# if you want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the
# admin pages.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
# Not if it explicitly specifies a .php program, stylesheet or
# image
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
# Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]

But then for Thunderbird + Lighting the URLs must be used like this:

https://davical.example.com/<login>/calendar/

And the WebGUI is still accessible at:

https://davical.example.com/

For the Mac OS X Adressbook and iCal it also helps to have the
following DNS entries in the example.com zone (especially the IN
SRV, the 443 stands for the default https port, if you are using
a different port, then adjust):

_caldavs._tcp   IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
_carddavs._tcp  IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
davical         IN A    <IP-Address>
_caldavs._tcp.davical  IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
_carddavs._tcp.davical IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.

For more detailed information, please read the thread "Yet
another iphone/davical question" [1] in the mailing list archive.

   [1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20120502184202.GN837%40smyrna.krupczak.org&forum_name=davical-general

bye
Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
thanks Fabian for your reply

an idea is that one has no control over dns
yes, these are rewrites apache does
yes Thunderbird + lightning work fine
in iCal 5.0.3 when I add new account it sorts of connects,
well at least iCal does not complain about anything
I give it a username and password, in the server address I
give it https://my_server
iCal connects, even gets the list of users in "Delegation" tab,
but! no syncing, not tasks nor events
after account was added I go to the account setting and
check Server Setting, there iCal has put as "Server Path"
/caldav.php/my_user
I close and start iCal, no connection
does not matter what I put in "Server Path", even
/my_user/calendar does not do anything

it all feels like iCal is pretty bad

On 25/07/12 12:59, Fabian Wenk wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 25.07.2012 11:58, lejeczek wrote:
>> hi everybody
>>
>> I'm trying iCal 5.0.3, davical 1.1.1 and uses mod_rewrite,
>> how to fix it without braking anything that is working just
>> fine already, which is thunderbird  + lightning.
> I use the following rewrite rules:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> # Not if it's the root URL. You might want to comment this out
> # if you want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the
> # admin pages.
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
> # Not if it explicitly specifies a .php program, stylesheet or
> # image
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
> # Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
>

> But then for Thunderbird + Lighting the URLs must be used like this:
>
> https://davical.example.com/<login>/calendar/
>

> And the WebGUI is still accessible at:
>
> https://davical.example.com/
>

> For the Mac OS X Adressbook and iCal it also helps to have the
> following DNS entries in the example.com zone (especially the IN
> SRV, the 443 stands for the default https port, if you are using
> a different port, then adjust):
>
> _caldavs._tcp   IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
> _carddavs._tcp  IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
> davical         IN A    <IP-Address>
> _caldavs._tcp.davical  IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
> _carddavs._tcp.davical IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
>

> For more detailed information, please read the thread "Yet
> another iphone/davical question" [1] in the mailing list archive.
>
>     [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20120502184202.GN837%40smyrna.krupczak.org&forum_name=davical-general
>

> bye
> Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hallo,

maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".

Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?

lejeczek: Can you downgrade to 1.1.0 (with libawl-0.52) and see, what's
happen?

Am 25.07.12 14:44, schrieb lejeczek:

> thanks Fabian for your reply
>
> an idea is that one has no control over dns
> yes, these are rewrites apache does
> yes Thunderbird + lightning work fine
> in iCal 5.0.3 when I add new account it sorts of connects,
> well at least iCal does not complain about anything
> I give it a username and password, in the server address I
> give it https://my_server
> iCal connects, even gets the list of users in "Delegation" tab,
> but! no syncing, not tasks nor events
> after account was added I go to the account setting and
> check Server Setting, there iCal has put as "Server Path"
> /caldav.php/my_user
> I close and start iCal, no connection
> does not matter what I put in "Server Path", even
> /my_user/calendar does not do anything
>
> it all feels like iCal is pretty bad
>

> On 25/07/12 12:59, Fabian Wenk wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> On 25.07.2012 11:58, lejeczek wrote:
>>> hi everybody
>>>
>>> I'm trying iCal 5.0.3, davical 1.1.1 and uses mod_rewrite,
>>> how to fix it without braking anything that is working just
>>> fine already, which is thunderbird  + lightning.
>> I use the following rewrite rules:
>>
>> RewriteEngine On
>> # Not if it's the root URL. You might want to comment this out
>> # if you want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the
>> # admin pages.
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>> # Not if it explicitly specifies a .php program, stylesheet or
>> # image
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
>> # Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
>> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
>>

>> But then for Thunderbird + Lighting the URLs must be used like this:
>>
>> https://davical.example.com/<login>/calendar/
>>

>> And the WebGUI is still accessible at:
>>
>> https://davical.example.com/
>>

>> For the Mac OS X Adressbook and iCal it also helps to have the
>> following DNS entries in the example.com zone (especially the IN
>> SRV, the 443 stands for the default https port, if you are using
>> a different port, then adjust):
>>
>> _caldavs._tcp   IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
>> _carddavs._tcp  IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
>> davical         IN A    <IP-Address>
>> _caldavs._tcp.davical  IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
>> _carddavs._tcp.davical IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
>>

>> For more detailed information, please read the thread "Yet
>> another iphone/davical question" [1] in the mailing list archive.
>>
>>      [1]
>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20120502184202.GN837%40smyrna.krupczak.org&forum_name=davical-general
>>

>> bye
>> Fabian

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Fabian Wenk
Hello lejeczek

On 25.07.2012 14:44, lejeczek wrote:
> thanks Fabian for your reply

You're welcome.

> an idea is that one has no control over dns

Oh, this is bad, so you also do not have a dns entry for the
server itself? As far as I know, the IN SRV records are not
needed, but make client setup on OS X and iOS much easier.

> yes, these are rewrites apache does
> yes Thunderbird + lightning work fine

OK.

> in iCal 5.0.3 when I add new account it sorts of connects,

I should have check the version, as I am still on Mac OS X 10.6.8
(10.8 has just arrived [1]), my iCal is version 4.0.4, which
works just fine. But there were reports in this mailing list,
that iCal since the last 10.7.x update does not properly work.
Check the mailing list archive.

   [1]
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/07/25Mountain-Lion-Available-Today-From-the-Mac-App-Store.html

> well at least iCal does not complain about anything

> it all feels like iCal is pretty bad

Here it works as it should.

On 25.07.2012 15:12, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
> maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
> iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".
>
> Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?

It is working here with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Addressbook and iCal and
iOS 5.1.1. Yesterday I did the upgrade from PHP 5.4.4 to 5.4.5
and from DAViCal 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

bye
Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
could be bullseye!?
1.1.0 gets me there,
adding new calendar in iCal 5.0.3 with a username + pass +
https://my_sever OR https://my_server/my_user/calendar
always puts /caldav.php/my_user as "Server Path"
and it works, syncing works but! only up until I close iCal,
I start it again and now onwards sync brakes (exclamation
mark next to the calendar in question), bizarre??

On 25/07/12 14:12, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
> iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".
>
> Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?
>
> lejeczek: Can you downgrade to 1.1.0 (with libawl-0.52) and see, what's
> happen?
>
> Am 25.07.12 14:44, schrieb lejeczek:
>> thanks Fabian for your reply
>>
>> an idea is that one has no control over dns
>> yes, these are rewrites apache does
>> yes Thunderbird + lightning work fine
>> in iCal 5.0.3 when I add new account it sorts of connects,
>> well at least iCal does not complain about anything
>> I give it a username and password, in the server address I
>> give it https://my_server
>> iCal connects, even gets the list of users in "Delegation" tab,
>> but! no syncing, not tasks nor events
>> after account was added I go to the account setting and
>> check Server Setting, there iCal has put as "Server Path"
>> /caldav.php/my_user
>> I close and start iCal, no connection
>> does not matter what I put in "Server Path", even
>> /my_user/calendar does not do anything
>>
>> it all feels like iCal is pretty bad
>>

>> On 25/07/12 12:59, Fabian Wenk wrote:

>>> I use the following rewrite rules:
>>>
>>> RewriteEngine On
>>> # Not if it's the root URL. You might want to comment this out
>>> # if you want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the
>>> # admin pages.
>>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>>> # Not if it explicitly specifies a .php program, stylesheet or
>>> # image
>>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
>>> # Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
>>> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
>>>

>>> But then for Thunderbird + Lighting the URLs must be used like this:
>>>
>>> https://davical.example.com/<login>/calendar/
>>>

>>> And the WebGUI is still accessible at:
>>>
>>> https://davical.example.com/
>>>

>>> For the Mac OS X Adressbook and iCal it also helps to have the
>>> following DNS entries in the example.com zone (especially the IN
>>> SRV, the 443 stands for the default https port, if you are using
>>> a different port, then adjust):
>>>
>>> _caldavs._tcp   IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
>>> _carddavs._tcp  IN SRV     10 5 443        davical.example.com.
>>> davical         IN A    <IP-Address>
>>> _caldavs._tcp.davical  IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
>>> _carddavs._tcp.davical IN SRV  10 5 443    davical.example.com.
>>>

>>> For more detailed information, please read the thread "Yet
>>> another iphone/davical question" [1] in the mailing list archive.
>>>
>>>       [1]
>>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20120502184202.GN837%40smyrna.krupczak.org&forum_name=davical-general
>>>

>>> bye
>>> Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
here osx is 10.7.4

On 25/07/12 14:26, Fabian Wenk wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 25.07.2012 15:12, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>> maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
>> iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".
>>
>> Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?
> It is working here with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Addressbook and iCal and
> iOS 5.1.1. Yesterday I did the upgrade from PHP 5.4.4 to 5.4.5
> and from DAViCal 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.
>

> bye
> Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
To add some bizarreness:

iCal on 10.7.4 with DaviCal 1.1.0 works like a charme. Switching over to
1.1.1 it behaves like iOS 5.1.1: i can add items, they appear in
Thunderbird but not on iOS. Adding in Thunderbird ether iCal nor iOS
shows this event (no sync, but no error). iCal on 10.6.8 works with 1.1.1.

BTW: The addressbook of 1.1.1 works with all versions of Mac OSX AND
iOS. No problems.

Am 25.07.12 16:12, schrieb lejeczek:

> could be bullseye!?
> 1.1.0 gets me there,
> adding new calendar in iCal 5.0.3 with a username + pass +
> https://my_sever OR https://my_server/my_user/calendar always puts
> /caldav.php/my_user as "Server Path"
> and it works, syncing works but! only up until I close iCal, I start
> it again and now onwards sync brakes (exclamation mark next to the
> calendar in question), bizarre??
>

> On 25/07/12 14:12, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
>> iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".
>>
>> Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?
>>
>> lejeczek: Can you downgrade to 1.1.0 (with libawl-0.52) and see, what's
>> happen?
>>
>> Am 25.07.12 14:44, schrieb lejeczek:
>>> thanks Fabian for your reply
>>>
>>> an idea is that one has no control over dns
>>> yes, these are rewrites apache does
>>> yes Thunderbird + lightning work fine
>>> in iCal 5.0.3 when I add new account it sorts of connects,
>>> well at least iCal does not complain about anything
>>> I give it a username and password, in the server address I
>>> give it https://my_server
>>> iCal connects, even gets the list of users in "Delegation" tab,
>>> but! no syncing, not tasks nor events
>>> after account was added I go to the account setting and
>>> check Server Setting, there iCal has put as "Server Path"
>>> /caldav.php/my_user
>>> I close and start iCal, no connection
>>> does not matter what I put in "Server Path", even
>>> /my_user/calendar does not do anything
>>>
>>> it all feels like iCal is pretty bad

>>> Live Security Virtual Conference
>>> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>>> Discussions
>>> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
>>> malware

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
gee, we run 10.7.4 with (now downgraded to) 1.1.0 and it, as
I described in my last email, only works from the moment of
addition/creation of new calendar till iCal was closed
?? re-start iCal and all is broken, no syncing.
do you rewrite in your apache?
how to you set up such a calendar in your iCal?

On 25/07/12 15:25, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:

> To add some bizarreness:
>
> iCal on 10.7.4 with DaviCal 1.1.0 works like a charme. Switching over to
> 1.1.1 it behaves like iOS 5.1.1: i can add items, they appear in
> Thunderbird but not on iOS. Adding in Thunderbird ether iCal nor iOS
> shows this event (no sync, but no error). iCal on 10.6.8 works with 1.1.1.
>
> BTW: The addressbook of 1.1.1 works with all versions of Mac OSX AND
> iOS. No problems.
>
> Am 25.07.12 16:12, schrieb lejeczek:
>> could be bullseye!?
>> 1.1.0 gets me there,
>> adding new calendar in iCal 5.0.3 with a username + pass +
>> https://my_sever OR https://my_server/my_user/calendar always puts
>> /caldav.php/my_user as "Server Path"
>> and it works, syncing works but! only up until I close iCal, I start
>> it again and now onwards sync brakes (exclamation mark next to the
>> calendar in question), bizarre??
>>

>> On 25/07/12 14:12, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> maybe you run into the problem, found on the list as "[Davical-general]
>>> iCal/iPad stopped working with davical".
>>>
>>> Did anyone test, if 1.1.1 generally works with Apple Software?
>>>
>>> lejeczek: Can you downgrade to 1.1.0 (with libawl-0.52) and see, what's
>>> happen?

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
I have configured a vserver in apache using (selfsigned) SSL. The config
part of the vserver looks like this:

   DocumentRoot /usr/share/davical/htdocs
   DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
   Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
   LogLevel warn
   ErrorLog     /var/log/httpd/davical.error_log
   TransferLog  /var/log/httpd/davical.access_log
   <Directory /usr/share/davical/htdocs/>
       AllowOverride None
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
   </Directory>

   AcceptPathInfo On

   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
          RewriteEngine On
          # Not if it's the root URL.  You might want to comment this
out if you
          # want to use an explicit /index.php for getting to the admin
pages.

          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$

          # Not if it explicitly specifies a .php program, stylesheet or
image
          # NOTICE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU NEED ACCESS FROM IOS 5
DEVICES
          # since IOS 5 for some reasons insists on prefixing the URL
with /caldav.php
          # an refuses to communicate with DAViCal if returned URL's
does not contain
          # a URL prefixed with /caldav.php
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)

          # Not if it's an existing file
          RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

          # Everything else gets rewritten to /caldav.php/...
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
   </IfModule>

   php_value include_path /usr/share/awl/inc
   php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
#  php_value magic_quotes_runtime 0
   php_value register_globals 0
   php_value error_reporting "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE"
   php_value default_charset "utf-8"
</VirtualHost>

The rewriting is copied from the davical wiki. Did you run the
update-db-script in davical? I did this when upgrading to 1.1.1 and too
when downgrading (but think, it did nothing).

Adding the calendar accounts to iCal was easy. Just used the wizzard of
the iCal. In previous versions of OSX/iCal/iOS there where some manual
changes neccessary. But with 10.7.x/iOS 5.1.x (and DaviCal 1.x ?) this
was gone so on the iDevices and on OSX the wizzard alone does the job.
BTW: I DON'T have the special DNS entries as Fabian mentioned. I only
have the standard internet IP-DNS of a web server (with host wildcard).

--

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

lejeczek
hmm.. here for me it too works like a charm, only for this
first short time until I close iCal (???)
same default rewrites, I cannot think of anything else,
well, ldap backend for user authentication, php 5.3.3 (it's
SL 6.1), nor do I use DNS bits
how is your "Server Path" in Server Settings? do you leave
what iCal puts in by default, /caldav.php/user_name ?

On 25.07.2012 16:38, lejeczek wrote:
> gee, we run 10.7.4 with (now downgraded to) 1.1.0 and it, as

> On 25/07/12 15:25, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>>  To add some bizarreness:
>>
>>  iCal on 10.7.4 with DaviCal 1.1.0 works like a charme. Switching over to
>>  1.1.1 it behaves like iOS 5.1.1: i can add items, they appear in

Did you search in the mailing list archive as I have recommended?
If yes, did you find this patch [1] and then applied it to 1.1.1?

   [1]
http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commitdiff/d2513bddd5351384156384cadf767127a05b45df

According to the last posting in the thread "Can't create
contacts using Mac Address Book" [2], you also need to add the
following line to the config.php:

$c->post_add_member = false;

   [2]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E0A79779-10B4-4C9A-9F6A-4CE3D8E8D9B9%40mattbrock.co.uk&forum_name=davical-general

I am not really sure if this solves all the problems with OS X
10.7.4 Addressbook and iCal. To see all the patches after the
1.1.1 release, see the git repository at [3].

   [3] http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/

PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to list is perfect as
I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.

bye
Fabian

Re: [Bulk] Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Yes, server settings are as iCal detected it. SSL is set to, Port is on
automatic (443)

Server setting is: /caldav.php/user_name/

Mention the leading "/"!!!

All available calendars are detected. But - i don't use any kind of
shared calenders!

--

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
As far as i'm concerned, i reverted back to 1.1.0 and all (including iOS
and all versions of OSX) work like a charme. Unfortunatelly i don't have
a testing system, so i have to be sure to have a running system.

Am 25.07.12 17:17, schrieb Fabian Wenk:

> Hello
>
> On 25.07.2012 16:38, lejeczek wrote:
>> gee, we run 10.7.4 with (now downgraded to) 1.1.0 and it, as
>> On 25/07/12 15:25, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>>>   To add some bizarreness:
>>>
>>>   iCal on 10.7.4 with DaviCal 1.1.0 works like a charme. Switching over to
>>>   1.1.1 it behaves like iOS 5.1.1: i can add items, they appear in
> Did you search in the mailing list archive as I have recommended?
> If yes, did you find this patch [1] and then applied it to 1.1.1?
>
>     [1]
> http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commitdiff/d2513bddd5351384156384cadf767127a05b45df
>
> According to the last posting in the thread "Can't create
> contacts using Mac Address Book" [2], you also need to add the
> following line to the config.php:
>
> $c->post_add_member = false;
>
>     [2]
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E0A79779-10B4-4C9A-9F6A-4CE3D8E8D9B9%40mattbrock.co.uk&forum_name=davical-general
>
> I am not really sure if this solves all the problems with OS X
> 10.7.4 Addressbook and iCal. To see all the patches after the
> 1.1.1 release, see the git repository at [3].
>
>     [3] http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/
>
> PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to list is perfect as
> I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.
>

> bye
> Fabian

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

> On 25.07.2012 16:38, lejeczek wrote:
>> gee, we run 10.7.4 with (now downgraded to) 1.1.0 and it, as
>
>> On 25/07/12 15:25, Graf von Roit zu Hoya wrote:
>>> To add some bizarreness:
>>>
>>> iCal on 10.7.4 with DaviCal 1.1.0 works like a charme. Switching over to
>>> 1.1.1 it behaves like iOS 5.1.1: i can add items, they appear in
>
> Did you search in the mailing list archive as I have recommended?
> If yes, did you find this patch [1] and then applied it to 1.1.1?

No, sorry. I'm late on this thread. I came to this subject on pure chance after joining the list. My subject lies in the support for iOS.

> According to the last posting in the thread "Can't create
> contacts using Mac Address Book" [2], you also need to add the
> following line to the config.php:
>
> $c->post_add_member = false;

Fortunately the addressbook always work in all versions. iOS and OSX.

> I am not really sure if this solves all the problems with OS X
> 10.7.4 Addressbook and iCal. To see all the patches after the
> 1.1.1 release, see the git repository at [3].
>
>  [3] http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/

I'm not familiar with git. I'm not a programmer.

> PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to list is perfect as
> I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.

When i use "answer list" in Thunderbird, only the originator of the mail is listed as the addressee. The List itself is not in the receiver list. "answer to all" and deleting the originator form the receivers list is a workaround.

On 25.07.2012 23:01, Graf Roit wrote:
>>  According to the last posting in the thread "Can't create
>>  contacts using Mac Address Book" [2], you also need to add the
>>  following line to the config.php:
>>
>>  $c->post_add_member = false;
>
> Fortunately the addressbook always work in all versions. iOS and OSX.

But iCal does not? Eventually this patch will also work. As far
as I know, the problems did start with OS X 10.7.4 and probably
also DAViCal 1.1.1. As I am still on OS X 10.6.8, I do not have
any problems, even with DAViCal 1.1.1.

>>  I am not really sure if this solves all the problems with OS X
>>  10.7.4 Addressbook and iCal. To see all the patches after the
>>  1.1.1 release, see the git repository at [3].
>>
>>   [3] http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/
>
> I'm not familiar with git. I'm not a programmer.

I am also not a developer, but clicking on the corresponding
"commitdiff" Link and then manually patching (e.g. with your text
editor) the corresponding file should be doable, right?

>>  PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to list is perfect as
>>  I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.
>
> When i use "answer list" in Thunderbird, only the originator
> of the mail is listed as the addressee. The List itself is not
> in the receiver list. "answer to all" and deleting the
> originator form the receivers list is a workaround.

I am using Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR. On e-mails which arrived
through any mailing list, the "Reply All" button changes to
"Reply List", which does only reply to the list address. I am
using the 3-pane view with Folder Pane and Message Pane.

bye
Fabian

Am 25.07.2012 um 23:28 schrieb Fabian Wenk <[hidden email]>:

> But iCal does not?

No, iCal missbehaves, Addressbook not. iOS and OSX same.

>  this patch will also work. As far
> as I know, the problems did start with OS X 10.7.4 and probably
> also DAViCal 1.1.1. As I am still on OS X 10.6.8, I do not have
> any problems, even with DAViCal 1.1.1.

My primary focus is on iOS. On the desktops Thunderbird is the integrated app.

> I am also not a developer, but clicking on the corresponding
> "commitdiff" Link and then manually patching (e.g. with your text
> editor) the corresponding file should be doable, right?

Yes, you are right. If you have a Test system. Running production the roamers with the mobile devices are not very happy being involved in a testing phase.

> I am using Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR. On e-mails which arrived
> through any mailing list, the "Reply All" button changes to
> "Reply List", which does only reply to the list address. I am
> using the 3-pane view with Folder Pane and Message Pane.

With Thunderbird i'm on the beta channel (only i). 3-pane old-style, too. I have the option "reply sender", "reply all", "reply list". "list" and "sender" behave same.

On iOS where i currently write, only "all" and "sender" are available. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bye

On 25.07.2012 23:47, Graf Roit wrote:
>>   this patch will also work. As far
>>  as I know, the problems did start with OS X 10.7.4 and probably
>>  also DAViCal 1.1.1. As I am still on OS X 10.6.8, I do not have
>>  any problems, even with DAViCal 1.1.1.
>
> My primary focus is on iOS. On the desktops Thunderbird is the
> integrated app.

I did just re-test with iOS 5.1.1 and DAViCal 1.1.1, Creating a
calendar entry on iOS works and is also synced to the server and
available on other clients, e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning.

This is running on an unmodified DAViCal 1.1.1.

The only fix I have applied is related to the IMAP authentication
backend. I had the following error in the WebGUI in the menu
Administration / Setup (but this did not affect operations and
also did not log anything in the Apache log files):

---8<------------------------------------------------------------
Your configuration produced PHP errors which should be corrected

Error [2048] Redefining already defined constructor for class
imapPamDrivers
At line 44 of /usr/local/www/davical/inc/drivers_imap_pam.php
================= Stack Trace ===================
/usr/local/www/davical/htdocs/setup.php[197] include()
/usr/local/www/davical/htdocs/always.php[165] include()
/usr/local/www/davical/config/config.php[433] include()
/usr/local/www/davical/config/config.php[433] catch_setup_errors()
---8<------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew did fix this with the patch "Remove old redundant
constructor" [1], which I have applied.

   [1]
http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commitdiff/c28759364fb5a1b1c071dad91465fb4532e16076

>>  I am also not a developer, but clicking on the corresponding
>>  "commitdiff" Link and then manually patching (e.g. with your text
>>  editor) the corresponding file should be doable, right?
>
> Yes, you are right. If you have a Test system. Running
> production the roamers with the mobile devices are not very
> happy being involved in a testing phase.

Then it is probably time for a test system. Or announce a
scheduled maintenance downtime during off hours, so your users
are aware, that it could not work during this time. On iOS the
caching works fine and address book and calendar is also
available without connection to the server.

>>  I am using Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR. On e-mails which arrived
>>  through any mailing list, the "Reply All" button changes to
>>  "Reply List", which does only reply to the list address. I am
>>  using the 3-pane view with Folder Pane and Message Pane.
>
> With Thunderbird i'm on the beta channel (only i). 3-pane
> old-style, too. I have the option "reply sender", "reply all",
> "reply list". "list" and "sender" behave same.

Oh, strange, seems to be a bug then.

bye
Fabian

Am 26.07.12 10:38, schrieb Fabian Wenk:

> On 25.07.2012 23:47, Graf Roit wrote:
>
> I did just re-test with iOS 5.1.1 and DAViCal 1.1.1, Creating a
> calendar entry on iOS works and is also synced to the server and
> available on other clients, e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning.
>
> This is running on an unmodified DAViCal 1.1.1.
>
> The only fix I have applied is related to the IMAP authentication
> backend. I had the following error in the WebGUI in the menu
> Administration / Setup (but this did not affect operations and
> also did not log anything in the Apache log files):
>
> constructor" [1], which I have applied.
>
>     [1]
> http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/commitdiff/c28759364fb5a1b1c071dad91465fb4532e16076
I updated again to 1.1.1 via rpms and applied all patches i found in the
git, but not the patch for imap, as i don't use this. All other patches
found for DAVResouce and caldav-GET-functions.php are made. But nothing
changed. Events added with iOS appear on all other clients (iCal on 10.7
cannot be tested anymore, we currently apply 10.8 to all Macs). But
events added on one side, still not shown/propagated to (other) iDevices.

Only to be sure, i tried:

1.1.1/awl 0.53 -> misbehavor
1.1.1/awl 0.52 -> misbehavor
1.1.0/awl 0.52 -> all works well
1.1.0/awl 0.53 -> still works!

So it seems, libawl-0.53 is not the misfunction part of the software. So
we should concentrate on davical and/or the database (content/schema). I
use davical since 0.9.x.

> Then it is probably time for a test system. Or announce a scheduled
> maintenance downtime during off hours, so your users are aware, that
> it could not work during this time. On iOS the caching works fine and
> address book and calendar is also available without connection to the
> server.
That's right. But one other phenomenon is, that after reverting from
1.1.1 to 1.1.0 the changes made during the test of 1.1.1 (f.e. adding or
moving an event) are NOT propagated to the iOS clients. Maybe, this is
an (query) error in iOS. Only when remodifying such an event, the event
is propagated. But this is off topic now.

> Oh, strange, seems to be a bug then.
Hmm, when i use "reply to list" with mails from you, it works.... No
comment.

Bye
Rudolf

12