[Davical-general] Empty value parameters on vCards

[Davical-general] Empty value parameters on vCards

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi everybody,

I've started to use CardDAV for my contacts, but I've found a problem
with some of my vCards, specifically with the PHOTO property.

I just exported some of my contacts from Roundcube as vCard files, and
after importing them to DAViCal I saw something really strange on those
that had a photo:

--8<--
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PHOTO;=ASE64:...
[...]
-->8--

The original vCard files had the following PHOTO definitions:

--8<--
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PHOTO;BASE64:...
[...]
-->8--

Seems that AWL doesn't like parameters that have no value. I'm not sure
if they are considered valid in a well formed vCard; the Sabre VObject
library accepts them, although it had some problems in the past as well:
https://code.google.com/p/sabredav/issues/detail?id=154

I have attached a diff for vComponent.php from the latest AWL that fixes
this issue. It would be great if any of you could test it, and maybe Ján
finds it suitable to be distributed with his set of patches.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

vcard_params_no_value.diff (940 bytes) Download Attachment

[Davical-general] DAViCal GIT + fixes

Ján Máté-2
Hi everybody,

I just created a simple web page for DAViCal GIT + additional fixes:

http://www.inf-it.com/davical/

new fixes:
- empty value parameter fix from Jorge (attachment from this e-mail)
- fixed hide_TODO option (DAViCal previously returned a list of URLs to hidden todos /with empty content/); I also extended this option with an additional user-agent matching functionality to enable hide_TODO only for specified user-agents (we use it to hide todos from non-owner/non-admin users for iOS devices)

There is also a "List of additional (not included) patches - these need more testing/review" - this section contains the second patch from Jorge (support for bulk addressbook import).

JM

On Apr 19, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Jorge López Pérez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've started to use CardDAV for my contacts, but I've found a problem with some of my vCards, specifically with the PHOTO property.
>
> I just exported some of my contacts from Roundcube as vCard files, and after importing them to DAViCal I saw something really strange on those that had a photo:
>
> --8<--
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:3.0
> PHOTO;=ASE64:...
> [...]
> -->8--
>
> The original vCard files had the following PHOTO definitions:
>
> --8<--
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:3.0
> PHOTO;BASE64:...
> [...]
> -->8--
>
> Seems that AWL doesn't like parameters that have no value. I'm not sure if they are considered valid in a well formed vCard; the Sabre VObject library accepts them, although it had some problems in the past as well: https://code.google.com/p/sabredav/issues/detail?id=154
>
> I have attached a diff for vComponent.php from the latest AWL that fixes this issue. It would be great if any of you could test it, and maybe Ján finds it suitable to be distributed with his set of patches.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Jorge López Pérez
> http://adobo.org
> Jabber: [hidden email]
> http://www2.precog.com/precogplatform/slashdotnewsletter_______________________________________________

Re: DAViCal GIT + fixes

Wonderful!
Could be this linked at www.davical.org ?

Al 24/04/13 01:42, En/na Ján Máté ha escrit: