[Davical-general] How to send invitation from iCal?

[Davical-general] How to send invitation from iCal?

richard

Dear Mgia,

If you are still receiving message from this mailing list, would you be able to clarify your comment from a previous old post?

In this post http://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/message/31179929/ dated from Jul 2013 you mentioned:
"...
However for some calendars clients (such as thunderbird) you can force the invitation to be mailed from the mail client by setting
the config option '$c->enable_auto_schedule = false;'. This doesn't work out of the box for iCal you need to manually force this in iCal per invitation or at least I haven't found a better solution yet.
..."
Could you explain how you proceed to "manually force this in iCal per invitation"?
I could not find any option to do so.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Email notification upon invite in DAViCal is 1.1.3.1

Florian Schlichting-2
Hi Richard,

regarding your questions, my understanding is as follows:

> Q1:
>

> > Would option $c->enable_auto_schedule set to true (as it is by default) in
> > current stable version of DAViCal 1.1.3.1 allow users to be notified by
> > email by Davical when they are invited to an event by another Davical users
> > so they can approves or rejects it?

DAViCal 1.1.3.1 does not send email, there are no settings to configure
an smtp smarthost or tell DAViCal how to receive replies. There is some
code in the handle_remote_attendees branch on github, which may do some
of that, but it is of experimental quality / unfinished / not integrated
into the latest DAViCal release. It would be good if someone could start
working on that, but up to now I think the options are to either do
scheduling server-side and limit yourself to participants known to the
server, or have the server tell clients that it can't do scheduling
(which is what will happen if you set $c->enable_auto_schedule to
false), so that clients such as Thunderbird do it on their own via email
(and others, e.g. calendar-only mobile apps, loose out).

Florian