[Davical-general] Loading address file different from adding addresse

[Davical-general] Loading address file different from adding addresse

Cyril Giraud-2
Hi,

I exported my phone address book to .vcf file and load it in davical
1.1.1 via web interface (checking append).
All my addresses have been imported (I see them with carddavmate).
I try to sync my phone with davical using CardDAV-Sync (free), but my
contacts are not imported.
If I modify one of imported addresse with carddavmate and then sync my
phone with davical using CardDAV-Sync (free), the contact is correctly
imported.

So my question: does an "update flag" should be set in database (and is
currently not set) when importing a .vcf file ?

     Cyril.

Re: Loading address file different from adding addresse

Ján Máté-2
Hi Cyril,

DAViCal uses very minimal checking when you import data, thus you can import not 100% RFC compliant vCards/vEvents/vTodos. CardDavMATE tries to fix a ton of problems in invalid vCards so you can see them in the interface. Then when you edit these contacts the new data is RFC compliant => other clients (with strict RFC compatibility checks) will see them too ...

JM