[Davical-general] No principals, resources, etc in list after upgrade

[Davical-general] No principals, resources, etc in list after upgrade

Jim Fenton
Hi,

I just did a somewhat-unexpected upgrade of the server I run Davical on,
and find myself at version 1.1.1. I made sure that I did a database
upgrade, but my calendar clients (iCal) are getting a 403 error.

Users are able to log into the web interface and can see their settings.
However, if I log in as admin, the lists of users (principals),
resources, and groups are all empty.

I know the data is in the database, I can see it in psql. Any idea why
things don't seem to be linked together properly?

-Jim

Re: No principals, resources, etc in list after upgrade

Jim Fenton
To answer my own question in case anybody else runs into it:

The upgrade took me from Davical 0.9.7 to 1.1.1, and from Postgresql 8.3
to 8.4. Somehow I ended up with both versions of Postgresql running, and
8.4 running on a different port (5433). The symptoms were because
plpgsql (SQL procedural language) was no longer available to 8.3.

After shutting down Postgresql 8.3 and fixing the port on 8.4, I needed
to update the postgresql client configuration file (ph_hba.conf) with
the changes I had made in 8.3 authorizing davical_app and davical_hba
locally.

Looks like everything is happy now.

-Jim