[Davical-general] PHP reaches memory limit when adding user to delegate in iCal

[Davical-general] PHP reaches memory limit when adding user to delegate in iCal

subscryer
This is an almost completely empty installation (events-wise).
I have imported users and groups from ldap, I have users and groups with
overlapping names as every user has a group with the same name used for
setting permissions for various parts of the file system. Since I
imported the groups, users with a matching group are displayed only as
groups in davical, they disappeared from the users list.
There's around 70 users in total.

When the testing user tries to add user to delegate to its only calendar
with one or two events in it, postgresql "thinks" for a while (cpu usage
goes up) then php reaches its memory limit. The higher the memory limit
(even insane amounts), the more postgresql works.

Apache access log:

"REPORT /cal/caldav.php/user/ HTTP/1.1" 207 339
"REPORT /cal/caldav.php/user/calendar-proxy-write/ HTTP/1.1" 401 40
"REPORT /cal/caldav.php/user/calendar-proxy-write/ HTTP/1.1" 500 -

Apache error log:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 524288000 bytes exhausted
(tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in
/usr/share/php/awl/inc/AwlDBDialect.php on line 302

The postgresql log doesn't show anything.

davical 1.1.1
postgresql 9.2.3
Gentoo linux

I'm ready to try and debug the issue if asked but I must stress that I
know nothing or next to nothing about postgresql so I'd need pointers
for anything related to the database. I'm not a PHP dev either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: PHP reaches memory limit when adding user to delegate in iCal

Ján Máté-2
In DAViCal users, resources and also groups are "principals". Your problem is maybe that you have multiple principals with identical name (user name = group name).

I also don't understand why you need a special group for each user in DAViCal if you can set default privileges.

JM

Il 19/04/2013 14:06, Ján Máté ha scritto:
> In DAViCal users, resources and also groups are "principals". Your problem is maybe that you have multiple principals with identical name (user name = group name).
>
> I also don't understand why you need a special group for each user in DAViCal if you can set default privileges.

Not really a davical need, users and groups were imported from ldap with
the automatic procedure. I don't need all ldap groups but I need a
certain amount of them and I went on and imported all of them as it
looked like the "cheapest" option.

I'll reset the database to a fresh state and try importing users and
then creating manually only the needed groups.

Re: PHP reaches memory limit when adding user to delegate in iCal

Ján Máté-2
Use the filterGroups option in your LDAP hook to prevent DAViCal to import all your groups.

JM