[Davical-general] PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Davical-general] PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

Federico Fanton
Hi everyone!

I used to have a Davical 1.1.1 server running on Ubuntu 12.04 with
Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3, but yesterday I had to upgrade Apache to 2.4 and
PHP to 5.5 due to another webapp I have to host on the same machine. At
first I thought Davical was working nicely with the new setup, but then
I noticed that while the web frontend works indeed, Thunderbird cannot
see any calendar. Apache's log shows a lot of 500's:

"PROPFIND /caldav.php/cal/federico/ HTTP/1.1" 500 331 "-" "Mozilla/5.0
(X11; Linux i686; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.8.0
Lightning/4.0.8"

I enabled the "ALL" debug switch, but I'm not sure what the actual
problem is, I'm attaching a log excerpt.

Any idea on what I could try?

Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general

propfind.log (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

Florian Schlichting-2
Hi Federico,

> I used to have a Davical 1.1.1 server running on Ubuntu 12.04 with Apache
> 2.2 and PHP 5.3, but yesterday I had to upgrade Apache to 2.4 and PHP to 5.5
> due to another webapp I have to host on the same machine. At first I thought
> Davical was working nicely with the new setup, but then I noticed that while
> the web frontend works indeed, Thunderbird cannot see any calendar. Apache's
> log shows a lot of 500's:
>
> "PROPFIND /caldav.php/cal/federico/ HTTP/1.1" 500 331 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
> Linux i686; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.8.0 Lightning/4.0.8"

are you still using DAViCal 1.1.1 as before? Are you able to upgrade to
DAViCal 1.1.4 and corresponding AWL 0.56, which has a good number of
bugs fixed?

> I enabled the "ALL" debug switch, but I'm not sure what the actual problem
> is, I'm attaching a log excerpt.

Is that all you have in the log? From a quick look it seems to stop
halfway through request processing. Do you see a crash in the php error
log perhaps?

Florian


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

Vincent Van Houtte-2
In reply to this post by Federico Fanton
On 2016-06-07 10:35, Federico Fanton wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I used to have a Davical 1.1.1 server running on Ubuntu 12.04 with
> Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3, but yesterday I had to upgrade Apache to 2.4
> and PHP to 5.5 due to another webapp I have to host on the same
> machine. At first I thought Davical was working nicely with the new
> setup, but then I noticed that while the web frontend works indeed,
> Thunderbird cannot see any calendar. Apache's log shows a lot of
> 500's:
>
> "PROPFIND /caldav.php/cal/federico/ HTTP/1.1" 500 331 "-" "Mozilla/5.0
> (X11; Linux i686; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.8.0
> Lightning/4.0.8"
>
> I enabled the "ALL" debug switch, but I'm not sure what the actual
> problem is, I'm attaching a log excerpt.
>
> Any idea on what I could try?

An update to the latest stable version of both DAViCal and awl would be
nice starting point: your log seems to indicate that DAViCal is still at
v1.1.1. If your distribution repo's don't offer updated packages (Ubuntu
12.04 is older than oldstable in Debian terms), then you could clone
your database and manually install the latest versions of awl and
DAViCal in a separate directory or VirtualHost.

HTH,
Vincent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

Federico Fanton
On 07/06/2016 14:21, Vincent Van Houtte wrote:

>> I used to have a Davical 1.1.1 server running on Ubuntu 12.04 with
>> Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3, but yesterday I had to upgrade Apache to 2.4
>> and PHP to 5.5 due to another webapp I have to host on the same
>> machine. At first I thought Davical was working nicely with the new
>> setup, but then I noticed that while the web frontend works indeed,
>> Thunderbird cannot see any calendar. Apache's log shows a lot of
>> 500's:
>>
>> "PROPFIND /caldav.php/cal/federico/ HTTP/1.1" 500 331 "-" "Mozilla/5.0
>> (X11; Linux i686; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.8.0
>> Lightning/4.0.8"
>>
>> I enabled the "ALL" debug switch, but I'm not sure what the actual
>> problem is, I'm attaching a log excerpt.
>>
>> Any idea on what I could try?
>
> An update to the latest stable version of both DAViCal and awl would be
> nice starting point: your log seems to indicate that DAViCal is still at
> v1.1.1. If your distribution repo's don't offer updated packages (Ubuntu
> 12.04 is older than oldstable in Debian terms), then you could clone
> your database and manually install the latest versions of awl and
> DAViCal in a separate directory or VirtualHost.



I managed to find the culprit: I was missing the php5.5-xml package, the
error about the undefined xml_create_parser_ns function was somehow
being swallowed :(

Thanks for your time!

(Maybe php5-xml should be added to the
http://wiki.davical.org/index.php/DAViCal_Dependencies page?)




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PROPFIND error after upgrade to Apache 2.4/PHP 5.5

Florian Schlichting-2
> I managed to find the culprit: I was missing the php5.5-xml package, the
> error about the undefined xml_create_parser_ns function was somehow
> being swallowed :(

I don't think there's a php5-xml package on Ubuntu. Do you mean php-xml
/ php7.0-xml?

> (Maybe php5-xml should be added to the
> http://wiki.davical.org/index.php/DAViCal_Dependencies page?)

I'll add something about PHP 7 there.

Florian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general