[Davical-general] Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

[Davical-general] Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Carsten Pohle
Hi,

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, neither iCal nor
AddressBook can sync with davical anymore (they used to do it before).
Davical had been upgraded to the current release via git a couple of
days before.

On the Mac's console, I get "Parser failed to parse with error Error
Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4" and "Account refresh failed to
parse with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3" errors. Any clues?

Thanks and regards

Carsten

Re: Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hi,

have you a recent version of PHP (and mybe PostgreSQL)? I' wasn't able
to use the Calendar.app on a old development system, while there were no
problems on a production system with the same DAViCal/awl-Version. After
upgrading PHP from 5.1 to 5.3 now the Calendar.app works. PostgreSQL
also was upgraded, but this didn't solve my problems. Upgrading PHP made
the job.

There is still a issue with the Contacts.app and groups. But normal
access to "all my contacts" should work.

Bye

Am 07.08.12 13:08, schrieb Carsten Pohle:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, neither iCal nor
> AddressBook can sync with davical anymore (they used to do it before).
> Davical had been upgraded to the current release via git a couple of
> days before.
>
> On the Mac's console, I get "Parser failed to parse with error Error
> Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4" and "Account refresh failed to
> parse with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3" errors. Any clues?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Carsten

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
No, upgarding (only) PostgreSQL didn't solve the problem. After
upgrading PHP now all is ok.

Production running RHEL 4.3, PostgreSQL 8.4.8, PHP 5.3.8
Development running Centos 5.6, PostgreSQL 8.4.12, PHP 5.3.3 (was 5.1.x
before upgrade)

Both systems on DAViCal 1.1.1-2 and awl 0.53. Installed from RPMs on
from DAViCal download server. On the production system it is an update
from DAViCal 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. On the devel we decided to completly drop
the davical database and do a "./create-database.sh". Both systems
accessable by Calendar.app and Contatcs.app as by Thunderbird/Lightning,
Carddavmate and roundcubemail plugins (carddav/caldav).

Maybe the git source isn't production ready? Try the official tar or the
rpms.

Bye

Am 07.08.12 16:18, schrieb Carsten Pohle:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the hint. However, PHP is already 5.3.2, PostgreSQL is
> 8.4.12. Maybe there was another subtle difference between your two
> systems?
>
> Regards
>
> Carsten
>

> Am 07.08.12 14:18, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you a recent version of PHP (and mybe PostgreSQL)? I' wasn't able
>> to use the Calendar.app on a old development system, while there were no
>> problems on a production system with the same DAViCal/awl-Version. After
>> upgrading PHP from 5.1 to 5.3 now the Calendar.app works. PostgreSQL
>> also was upgraded, but this didn't solve my problems. Upgrading PHP made
>> the job.
>>
>> There is still a issue with the Contacts.app and groups. But normal
>> access to "all my contacts" should work.
>>
>> Bye
>>
>> Am 07.08.12 13:08, schrieb Carsten Pohle:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, neither iCal nor
>>> AddressBook can sync with davical anymore (they used to do it before).
>>> Davical had been upgraded to the current release via git a couple of
>>> days before.
>>>
>>> On the Mac's console, I get "Parser failed to parse with error Error
>>> Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4" and "Account refresh failed to
>>> parse with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3" errors. Any
>>> clues?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards
>>>
>>> Carsten

>>> Live Security Virtual Conference
>>> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>>> Discussions
>>> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
>>> malware

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello Carsten,

you will get more help and info, when other users (and the developer Andrew) can read your posts. So please be so kind and answer to the list, not to me personal. I'm only an user. I got help from the list with problems on iOS. Others my conribute to the solution of your problem mutch more than i'm able to.

Did you read my answer on the list and tried out the official build?

The git maybe under development and not production ready.

What rewrite rules, if any, do you have in your httpd.conf? What web server do you run? Have you setup a vserver or a normal single host?

Am 08.08.12 17:18, schrieb Carsten Pohle:
Hi all,

I still could not fix my new Mountain Lion's Calendar.app and Addressbook.app connection problems with Davical:

* After the upgrade, I was not able to sync calendar and contacts anymore.

* I removed the calendar account completely and set it up again. After deleting any leftovers in ~/Library/..., I now can see the users on the server and choose shared calendars (so it's probably not an authentication issue). However, only the calendars are not shown in Calendar.app (just the other user's names).

* The same happens if I set up a completely new Mac user with a virginal ~/Library folder. Thus, I would rule out any legacy data from the former Lion installation as a source of my problems.

* On the Mac's console, I get "Parser failed to parse with error Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4" and "Account refresh failed to parse with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3" errors.

* I use davical 1.1.1 from git together with the current awl library from git.

* PHP is 5.3.2

* PostgreSQL is 8.4.12

I'd be grateful for any hints on how to fix this. Please let me know which additional information might be valuable to debug this (hand how to get it).

Thanks and regards

Carsten

--

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
E-Mail: [hidden email]

[...]

* I also tried the official tar.gz, with the same result.

* PHP is 5.3.2

* PostgreSQL is 8.4.12

* Apache is 2.2.14

* Server is Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS with all official updates applied,
running as a VirtualBox guest system on a Linux host

* I have the following RewriteRule in .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^.well-known(.*)$ /caldav.php/.well-known$1 [NC,L]

I'd be grateful for any hints on how to fix this. Please let me know
which additional information might be valuable to debug this (hand how
to get it).

Thanks and regards

Carsten

Re: Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Cyrus Harmon
FWIW, I'm seeing the same sorts of problems here on Mac OS 10.8.

On Aug 7, 2012, at 4:08 AM, Carsten Pohle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, neither iCal nor
> AddressBook can sync with davical anymore (they used to do it before).
> Davical had been upgraded to the current release via git a couple of
> days before.
>
> On the Mac's console, I get "Parser failed to parse with error Error
> Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4" and "Account refresh failed to
> parse with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3" errors. Any clues?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Carsten

Re: Problems with iCal and AddressBook after upgrading to Mountain Lion

Carsten Pohle

Hi all,

this ticket can be closed. I don't know yet what exactly went wrong.
However, after downgrading via GIT to 1.1.0/0.52 and updating again to
1.1.1/0.53 (davical and awl, respectively), everything seems to work
fine now.

Bye

Carsten