[Davical-general] Release status?

Andrew Ruthven
Hey,

1.1.2 was tagged last year, there's been some activity in the repo over
the last little while. How do people feel about cutting another release?

I'm also aware that Debian is about to enter a freeze for the next
release of Debian, and it'd be great to have an updated Davical in for
Debian Jessie.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Release status?

Alp Phone GmbH
Hi all,

+1 here.

I believe the problem was that nobody volunteered to do the debian packaging. Is that right?

Greetings,

Max Pfeiffer

Alp Phone GmbH
Münsterberg 11
4051 Basel

Tel: +41 61 272 27 77

www.alp-phone.ch | [hidden email]

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 09:20 +0200, Alp Phone GmbH wrote:

> I believe the problem was that nobody volunteered to do the debian
> packaging. Is that right?

I can prepare the Debian package and do some testing of it. But as
Stefan points out there is an issue with creating collections from iOS
and OS X.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Release status?

Cyril Giraud-2
Nice!
Then, Florian Schlichting will push to debian archive our debian package
when released.
Cyril.

On 03/09/2014 12:33, Andrew Ruthven wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 09:20 +0200, Alp Phone GmbH wrote:
>
>> I believe the problem was that nobody volunteered to do the debian
>> packaging. Is that right?
>
> I can prepare the Debian package and do some testing of it. But as
> Stefan points out there is an issue with creating collections from iOS
> and OS X.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Re: Release status?

Issue with creating collections? ... can you send me more info about this bug?

And if we want to release a new package for Debian, I strongly argue to release
the previous version with cherry-picked patches for most important issues, because
the current GIT is not as stable as the previous version.

Currently I can help to cherry pick the patches but we need somebody to test
the final code.

JM

p.s.: I will continue to work on DAViCal in next week(s) ...

> On 03 Sep 2014, at 12:33, Andrew Ruthven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 09:20 +0200, Alp Phone GmbH wrote:
>
>> I believe the problem was that nobody volunteered to do the debian
>> packaging. Is that right?
>
> I can prepare the Debian package and do some testing of it. But as
> Stefan points out there is an issue with creating collections from iOS
> and OS X.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Re: Release status?

Stefan Pielmeier
The iOS OSX issue with adding new items to collections applies to current HEAD revision on git. See my description earlier in this mailing list the 2014-08-30.

But be aware of another post mentioning that my fix does break other functions: 2014-03-18 (add-member of Addressbook app on Mac OS X).

So this requires somebody who understands the concept and the code. Maybe it's just a bug in OSX ...

Best regards,

Stefan Pielmeier
from mobile device

> On 3 Sep 2014, at 15:03, Ján Máté <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Issue with creating collections? ... can you send me more info about this bug?
>
> And if we want to release a new package for Debian, I strongly argue to release
> the previous version with cherry-picked patches for most important issues, because
> the current GIT is not as stable as the previous version.
>
> Currently I can help to cherry pick the patches but we need somebody to test
> the final code.
>

> JM
>

> p.s.: I will continue to work on DAViCal in next week(s) ...
>

>> On 03 Sep 2014, at 12:33, Andrew Ruthven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>>> On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 09:20 +0200, Alp Phone GmbH wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe the problem was that nobody volunteered to do the debian
>>> packaging. Is that right?
>>
>> I can prepare the Debian package and do some testing of it. But as
>> Stefan points out there is an issue with creating collections from iOS
>> and OS X.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrew

Re: Release status?

Mark Davies
I would welcome a new release of Davical, however I note a patch I
submitted as a Github pull request in Nov 2013 hasn't been merged in
yet. Please can someone with access to the master repository look at this?

The details of my fix were:

https://github.com/DAViCal/davical/pull/22

Title: Support multiple text-match elements within a filter query.

Amended function SqlFilterFragment() to append a sequence number to the
text-match parameter. This allows comp-filters with multiple text-match
elements to be properly supported, and is required to correctly
implement RFC4791. See section 9.7 of:
  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4791.txt
(Note that whilst an individual prop-filter may only have one
text-match, comp-filters may have multiple prop-filters).

My integration with Davical requires support of multiple text-matches on
query, so I would very much like to see this fixed in the new release.

Thanks,

Mark Davies
(moosemark on Github)

Re: Release status?

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Hi all!!

There’s no an issue…. it’s just a config parameter.

Just add to your config file :

$c->post_add_member = false;

And you’re done…. let me know if this does not solve your problem.

Best regards,

El 03/09/2014, a las 16:09, Stefan Pielmeier <[hidden email]> escribió:

> The iOS OSX issue with adding new items to collections applies to current HEAD revision on git. See my description earlier in this mailing list the 2014-08-30.
>
> But be aware of another post mentioning that my fix does break other functions: 2014-03-18 (add-member of Addressbook app on Mac OS X).
>
> So this requires somebody who understands the concept and the code. Maybe it's just a bug in OSX ...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stefan Pielmeier
> from mobile device
>

>> On 3 Sep 2014, at 15:03, Ján Máté <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Issue with creating collections? ... can you send me more info about this bug?
>>
>> And if we want to release a new package for Debian, I strongly argue to release
>> the previous version with cherry-picked patches for most important issues, because
>> the current GIT is not as stable as the previous version.
>>
>> Currently I can help to cherry pick the patches but we need somebody to test
>> the final code.
>>

>> JM
>>

>> p.s.: I will continue to work on DAViCal in next week(s) ...
>>

>>> On 03 Sep 2014, at 12:33, Andrew Ruthven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,

>>> I can prepare the Debian package and do some testing of it. But as
>>> Stefan points out there is an issue with creating collections from iOS
>>> and OS X.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrew

Re: Release status?

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Good morning,

You have added it between php delimiters in the config and you have the proper permissions in the principal isn’t it?. What does the
web’s error log say?

Regards,