[Davical-general] Set timeout for using multiple ldap-servers

[Davical-general] Set timeout for using multiple ldap-servers

skotthof
Hi Davical-Team,

we use multiple ldap-servers in our config for driver_ldap:
'host' => 'ldaps://xxx-1.uni-mannheim.de:636/ ldaps://xxx-2.uni-mannheim.de:636/'

That works very nice. The only problem is, that the timeout is very long,
before xxx-2 is asked, in case xxx-1 is down.
The timeout is that long, that we have problems with thunderbird lightning
and even caldavzap is not displaying calenders any more.

Would be nice, if there is a possibility to reduce this timeout, like:
ldap_set_option($this->connect, LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT, $config['networkTimeout']);

A Patch for version 1.1.1 is attached.

PS: You will need at least php 5.3 for this feature:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-set-option.php

Regards,

Sebastian Kotthoff

PS: I have some other patches in my ldap_driver.php but more down in the source.
    So could be that this patch is not running automatically.
    But it is that easy, could be also done by hand.

--
Sebastian Kotthoff
Rechenzentrum

Tel: +49 621 181 2516
Fax: +49 621 181 2682

davical-network-timout.patch (540 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Set timeout for using multiple ldap-servers

Ján Máté-2
Hi Sebastian,

thanks, I pushed your patch to the GIT version (gitlab) ...

JM