[Davical-general] Suggested source to get most current davical

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Davical-general] Suggested source to get most current davical

Matthias Fechner
Dear all,

If I search the archive I found a lot of sites were patches were
provided to get problems fixed, a lot of patches were attached to email
or uploaded to some sites.
It is nearly impossible for me to decide what patch is useful and what
patch should not be applied.

Is there a repository were I can find a current version with all the
useful patches included?

TIA.

Gruß
Matthias

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

i share this question.

Regards,
Rudolf

> Am 17.01.2014 um 18:35 schrieb Matthias Fechner <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> If I search the archive I found a lot of sites were patches were
> provided to get problems fixed, a lot of patches were attached to email
> or uploaded to some sites.
> It is nearly impossible for me to decide what patch is useful and what
> patch should not be applied.
>
> Is there a repository were I can find a current version with all the
> useful patches included?
>
> TIA.
>
> Gruß
> Matthias
>
> --
>
> "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
> build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
> produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
> Rich Cook
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
> Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
> Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
> Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> Davical-general mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

bruno972
In reply to this post by Matthias Fechner
Le 2014-01-17 13:35, Matthias Fechner a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> If I search the archive I found a lot of sites were patches were
> provided to get problems fixed, a lot of patches were attached to email
> or uploaded to some sites.
> It is nearly impossible for me to decide what patch is useful and what
> patch should not be applied.
>
> Is there a repository were I can find a current version with all the
> useful patches included?
>

Hi Matthias,

The official repo is always http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git
and it must remain (I think)


--
Bruno Garin
0696 25 71 72

BGConsultant
Logiciels libres & ouverts
Fort-de-France - Martinique
0974 768 972
www.bgconsultant.net


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

bruno972
Le 2014-01-18 11:00, Tony den Haan a écrit :

> On 01/18/2014 02:13 PM, bruno wrote:
>> Le 2014-01-17 13:35, Matthias Fechner a écrit :
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> If I search the archive I found a lot of sites were patches were
>>> provided to get problems fixed, a lot of patches were attached to
>>> email
>>> or uploaded to some sites.
>>> It is nearly impossible for me to decide what patch is useful and
>>> what
>>> patch should not be applied.
>>>
>>> Is there a repository were I can find a current version with all the
>>> useful patches included?
>>>
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> The official repo is always http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git
>> and it must remain (I think)
>>
> This is rather confusing, or is https://github.com/DAViCal/davical
> simply a mirror of this? the wiki says to use github.
> On sourceforge there's a readme with a broken link to downloading
> section in wiki. Someone should clean up a bit :)
> At the moment i'm hosting the wiki, so i could update that once i'm
> sure what to put there/
>
>
> Tony

Yes you have right, it's confusing but the Andrew's repo is for the
moment always the official repository. Because it was difficult for some
devs to get a write access to the official repository they create
another one, but it was a bad idea.

--
Bruno Garin
0696 25 71 72

BGConsultant
Logiciels libres & ouverts
Fort-de-France - Martinique
0974 768 972
www.bgconsultant.net


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Johan Vromans
In reply to this post by bruno972
bruno <[hidden email]> writes:

>  http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git

Will there be an official 1.1.3 release anytime soon?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Matthias Fechner
In reply to this post by bruno972
Thanks for all the answers,

Am 18.01.14 16:10, schrieb bruno:
>>> The official repo is always http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git
>> This is rather confusing, or is https://github.com/DAViCal/davical

to sum it up, we have the offical one:
http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git

It seems that there are already sum patches included I patched manually
on the tar files.

And the unoffical one:
https://github.com/DAViCal/davical

Which seems to have some modifications in place regarding attendees.
Does anyone know, what is the changed/fixed compared to the offical one?


Gruß,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Christian Schwamborn
Am 19.01.2014 21:11, schrieb Matthias Fechner:

> Thanks for all the answers,
>
> Am 18.01.14 16:10, schrieb bruno:
>>>> The official repo is always http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git
>>> This is rather confusing, or is https://github.com/DAViCal/davical
>
> to sum it up, we have the offical one:
> http://repo.or.cz/r/davical.git
>
> It seems that there are already sum patches included I patched manually
> on the tar files.
>
> And the unoffical one:
> https://github.com/DAViCal/davical

but this is the one first mentioned in the revived wiki

>
> Which seems to have some modifications in place regarding attendees.
> Does anyone know, what is the changed/fixed compared to the offical one?
>

I would like to quote Mihai Christodorescu from an other post:

I have been using DAViCal for a few years, and now I am interested in
contributing to the code base. To follow up on David's question, can
someone summarize the status of DAViCal development?
Who controls the git repo?
Where is the wiki nowadays?
What is the procedure for sending patches?
What is the procedure for producing releases?

and append:
Who to ask for write permission to the git?
Which bugtracker, if any to use (is the one on github.com in use? The
one on sourceforge doesn't seem to exist anymore)?
How to join the dev? I tried simply posting here, but got no response to
any of my posts.
Does anyone know about Milan Medlik and his trunk
handle_remote_attendees on github.com?
Is the irc, mentioned in the new wiki active?
Is there a core team and how to get in touch?

Cheers, Christian




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Matthias Fechner
Am 20.01.14 12:01, schrieb Christian Schwamborn:
> but this is the one first mentioned in the revived wiki

where can I find that wiki?
The link on the davical.org website is broken:
http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page


Gruß,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

davical-3
Hi Matthias!

> Am 20.01.14 12:01, schrieb Christian Schwamborn:
>> but this is the one first mentioned in the revived wiki

> where can I find that wiki?
> The link on the davical.org website is broken:
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page


try http://wiki.davical.org - it should redirect you to http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Main_Page

HTH
Christian


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Matthias Fechner
Hi Christian,

Am 20.01.14 19:11, schrieb Christian 'Rana' Schlegel:
> try http://wiki.davical.org - it should redirect you to http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Main_Page

thanks a lot for the link.
It would be really nice if the link on the homepage could be corrected
to the reachable wiki ;)

Gruß,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CenturyLink Cloud: The Leader in Enterprise Cloud Services.
Learn Why More Businesses Are Choosing CenturyLink Cloud For
Critical Workloads, Development Environments & Everything In Between.
Get a Quote or Start a Free Trial Today.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=119420431&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Suggested source to get most current davical

Tony den Haan
On Tuesday 21 January 2014 08:00:39 Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Am 20.01.14 19:11, schrieb Christian 'Rana' Schlegel:
> > try http://wiki.davical.org - it should redirect you to
> > http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Main_Page
> thanks a lot for the link.
> It would be really nice if the link on the homepage could be corrected
> to the reachable wiki ;)

i just imported the data into new wiki, maybe it's some mediawiki configuration
trick but i wouldn't know where :)


Tony


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android apps run on BlackBerry 10
Introducing the new BlackBerry 10.2.1 Runtime for Android apps.
Now with support for Jelly Bean, Bluetooth, Mapview and more.
Get your Android app in front of a whole new audience.  Start now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=124407151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general