[Davical-general] Thunderbird and davical

[Davical-general] Thunderbird and davical

Rüdiger Hausmann
Hi,
in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?

Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Oliver Schinagl
Sogo connector needs to be downloaded directly from sogo.eu

also, at the moment it only works with version 3.*; version 10 support
is in the works.

Finally there is a bug (still) in sogo connector, that prevents you from
using contacts on more than two clients.
Say pc1 and pc2 both use the connector and davical, and you add usera on
pc1 and userb on pc2; you'd only see usera on pc1 and userb on pc2.
Using a different davical client however, such like dmfs's carddav
connector for android, you'd see both usera and userb.

There is a patch that works on the sogo bug tracker.

Oliver

On 04-01-12 13:20, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:

> Hi,
> in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
> 'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
> Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
> Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
> Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?
>
> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
> 'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
> Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
> Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
> Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?

try CardDavMATE (CardDav web client):

http://www.inf-it.com/

> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Rüdiger Hausmann
Hi,
CardDavMate looks great. But I can't make it work locally, although I
followed http://www.inf-it.com/carddavmate/readme.txt it doesn't take my
login.

Currently, I try emClient, at the moment I can't see the Contacts I
added in emClient in Evolution and vice versa. The calendars work
flawlessly.

I think Davical is the best thing since sliced bread, if only the
clientside would work consistently...

Rüdiger

Am 04.01.2012 14:12, schrieb Ján Máté:

> Hi,
>
> On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
>> 'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
>> Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
>> Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
>> Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?
> try CardDavMATE (CardDav web client):
>
> http://www.inf-it.com/
>
>> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Ján Máté-2

On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:

> Hi,
> CardDavMate looks great. But I can't make it work locally, although I followed http://www.inf-it.com/carddavmate/readme.txt it doesn't take my login.

Send me your config.js + your browser version

and I will try to help you.

JM

> Currently, I try emClient, at the moment I can't see the Contacts I added in emClient in Evolution and vice versa. The calendars work flawlessly.
>
> I think Davical is the best thing since sliced bread, if only the clientside would work consistently...
>
> Rüdiger
>
> Am 04.01.2012 14:12, schrieb Ján Máté:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
>>> 'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
>>> Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
>>> Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
>>> Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?
>> try CardDavMATE (CardDav web client):
>>
>> http://www.inf-it.com/
>>
>>> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Oliver Schinagl
Thunderbird wants rewrite their addressbook to allow connectors for
things like carddav. It is slated for TB12 :)

On 04-01-12 19:23, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:

> Hi,
> CardDavMate looks great. But I can't make it work locally, although I
> followed http://www.inf-it.com/carddavmate/readme.txt it doesn't take my
> login.
>
> Currently, I try emClient, at the moment I can't see the Contacts I
> added in emClient in Evolution and vice versa. The calendars work
> flawlessly.
>
> I think Davical is the best thing since sliced bread, if only the
> clientside would work consistently...
>
> Rüdiger
>
> Am 04.01.2012 14:12, schrieb Ján Máté:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann<[hidden email]>   wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> in Evolution, I can use calendars and contacts.
>>> 'Sogo connector' to use contacts in Thunderbird.
>>> Thunderbirds addon-manager does not find that extension (I have TB 8.0)
>>> Is there any chance to use contacts with davical and thunderbird?
>>> Or does another windows client exist who does contacts with davical?
>> try CardDavMATE (CardDav web client):
>>
>> http://www.inf-it.com/
>>
>>> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Rüdiger Hausmann
Thanks to Ján I use now the elegant carddavmate.

In order to get 'Germany' as the default country instead of United States,
I changed the following lines in config.js:

var globalDefaultAddressCountry='de';
var globalAddressCountryFavorites=['de'];

I still get 'united states' as default when adding a new contact.

Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Ján Máté-2
Will check and if I can confirm this error will fix it in next relase (0.9).

p.s.: drag & drop support (contact move between resources) is coming in 0.9 /will release in next 2-3 weeks/ :-)

On Jan 5, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:

> Thanks to Ján I use now the elegant carddavmate.
>
> In order to get 'Germany' as the default country instead of United States,
> I changed the following lines in config.js:
>
> var globalDefaultAddressCountry='de';
> var globalAddressCountryFavorites=['de'];
>
> I still get 'united states' as default when adding a new contact.
>
> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Rüdiger Hausmann
Ján, it is probably a cache issue, it works with another browser!

Rüdiger

Am 05.01.2012 14:58, schrieb Ján Máté:

> Will check and if I can confirm this error will fix it in next relase (0.9).
>
> Regards,
>
> JM
>
> p.s.: drag&  drop support (contact move between resources) is coming in 0.9 /will release in next 2-3 weeks/ :-)
>
> On Jan 5, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Ján I use now the elegant carddavmate.
>>
>> In order to get 'Germany' as the default country instead of United States,
>> I changed the following lines in config.js:
>>
>> var globalDefaultAddressCountry='de';
>> var globalAddressCountryFavorites=['de'];
>>
>> I still get 'united states' as default when adding a new contact.
>>
>> Rüdiger

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Karl Ebener
Hallo Jan,

I've had the same problem. Would you let me know what you did to help
Rüdiger?

Tnx
Karl

Am 04.01.12 19:40, schrieb Ján Máté:

> On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> CardDavMate looks great. But I can't make it work locally, although I followed http://www.inf-it.com/carddavmate/readme.txt it doesn't take my login.
> Send me your config.js + your browser version
>
> and I will try to help you.
>
> JM
>
>> Currently, I try emClient, at the moment I can't see the Contacts I added in emClient in Evolution and vice versa. The calendars work flawlessly.
>>
>> I think Davical is the best thing since sliced bread, if only the clientside would work consistently...
>>
>> Rüdiger
>>
>> Am 04.01.2012 14:12, schrieb Ján Máté:
>>> Hi,

>>> try CardDavMATE (CardDav web client):
>>>
>>> http://www.inf-it.com/

Re: Thunderbird and davical

Ján Máté-2
Hi Karl,

the easiest setup for CardDavMATE is installing it into Davical subdirectory. Unzip the CardDavMATE_x.x.x.zip into /usr/share/davical/htdocs (default installation directory on Debian) and open the installation directory in browser (keep the default config.js) ... for example:

Davical URL: http://davical.server.com/

CardDavMATE URL: http://davical.server.com/carddavmate/

95% of problems with CardDavMATE installation is related to browsers' cross-domain query limitations, so if you don't want to install the client to Davical server, you also need to update your apache config as described in readme.txt (additional headers required by browsers). If something not works first check the console logs in your browser (usually Develop -> Show Error Console) ... there are often many useful information (especially in webkit based browsers like Safari, iCab or Chrome).

For additional questions contact me by e-mail.