Quantcast

[Davical-general] Ubuntu 16 setup

Gregory Sloop
Ubuntu 16 setup So, I'm doing my first setup...

[hidden email] 16.04

Everything works pretty well except the Apache2 configs.

I setup a config, like this:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
 DocumentRoot /usr/share/davical/htdocs
 DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
 ServerName davical.example.net
 ServerAlias calendar.example.net
 Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
 <Directory /usr/share/davical/htdocs/>
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
 </Directory>
 AcceptPathInfo On
</VirtualHost>

[I've actually had a variety of configs, but this is one I tried. All seemed to have the same result.]

Then I enable the site, and restart Apache.
However, when I go to
http://1.2.3.4/davical/index.php I get the text of the PHP file, not a server processed PHP output.

I'm sure this is simple, but I haven't stumbled across a fix and I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Any ideas?

TIA

-Greg

Re: Ubuntu 16 setup

Vincent Van Houtte-2
I see two probable issues:

1. With that virtualhost configuration, your Davical setup is available at calendar.example.net or davical.example.net.

2. If php is not being processed, you probably need to configure Apache to hand files with a php extension over to PHP.

3. In the Davical wiki you'll find more options for the virtualhost configuration, some of which are required to have a fully working setup.

Hth,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Gregory Sloop schreef ----

So, I'm doing my first setup...

[hidden email] <a href="tel:16.04">16.04

Everything works pretty well except the Apache2 configs.

I setup a config, like this:

<VirtualHost <a href="tel:1.2.3.4">1.2.3.4>
[...]

Trev Peterson
If you're getting the text of the php you might want to make sire you've run the following on that server:

sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php7.0
a2enmod php7.0

These are of course assuming you want to run php 7 which I think you do unless you have some legacy php apps that don't run with it.  Hope this helps
--
Trev Peterson
Advanced Reality

On December 3, 2016 3:01:36 PM GMT+08:00, Vincent Van Houtte <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I see two probable issues:
>
>1. With that virtualhost configuration, your Davical setup is available
>at calendar.example.net or davical.example.net.
>
>2. If php is not being processed, you probably need to configure Apache
>to hand files with a php extension over to PHP.
>
>3. In the Davical wiki you'll find more options for the virtualhost
>configuration, some of which are required to have a fully working
>setup.
>
>Hth,
>Vincent
>
>Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone
>
>---- Gregory Sloop schreef ----
>
>>So, I'm doing my first setup...
>>
>>Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>>Everything works pretty well except the Apache2 configs.
>>
>>I setup a config, like this:
>>
>><VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
>>  DocumentRoot /usr/share/davical/htdocs
>>  DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>>  ServerName davical.example.net
>>  ServerAlias calendar.example.net
>>  Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
>>  <Directory /usr/share/davical/htdocs/>
>>      AllowOverride None
>>      Order allow,deny
>>      Allow from all
>>  </Directory>
>>  AcceptPathInfo On
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>[I've actually had a variety of configs, but this is one I tried. All
>seemed to have the same result.]
>>
>>Then I enable the site, and restart Apache.
>>However, when I go to http://1.2.3.4/davical/index.php I get the text
>of the PHP file, not a server processed PHP output.
>>
>>I'm sure this is simple, but I haven't stumbled across a fix and I'm
>getting pretty frustrated.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>-Greg

Re: Ubuntu 16 setup

Gregory Sloop
Re: [Davical-general] Ubuntu 16 setup

TP> If you're getting the text of the php you might want to make sire
TP> you've run the following on that server:

TP> sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php7.0
TP> a2enmod php7.0

TP> These are of course assuming you want to run php 7 which I think
TP> you do unless you have some legacy php apps that don't run with it.  Hope this helps

That was it. I would have though the Ubuntu package would have installed and enabled PHP as it's a requirement of the package you're installing. [And it was a clean install - with nothing other than the basic Ubuntu 16.04 server install otherwise, so I can't see a reason PHP would have been left alone as to not conflict with another PHP instance.]

I probably should have twigged to the fact that the PHP code wasn't being executed - but I was frustrated and didn't end up down that trail.

Thanks!
-Greg