[Davical-general] Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

[Davical-general] Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Robert Markula
Hi,

since a recent package update I get the following apt error when trying
to install:

apt-get install davical

I get this error:

<snip>
Einige Pakete konnten nicht installiert werden. Das kann bedeuten, dass
Sie eine unmögliche Situation angefordert haben oder, wenn Sie die
Unstable-Distribution verwenden, dass einige erforderliche Pakete noch
nicht erstellt wurden oder Incoming noch nicht verlassen haben.
Die folgenden Informationen helfen Ihnen vielleicht, die Situation zu lösen:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
 davical : Hängt ab von: libawl-php (< 0.54) aber 0.54-1 soll
installiert werden
</snip>

So (in english) the new davical package depends on libawl-php < 0.54 but
the current libawl-php package version in the repository is 0.54-1.

Is this just a local error on my setup or are there wrong .deb-dependencies?

Cheers,

Robert

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Thomas Glanzmann
Hello Markula,
for me it works. Could you please paste your /etc/apt/sources.list?

(infra) [~] apt-cache policy davical
davical:
  Installed: 1.1.1-1
  Candidate: 1.1.1-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.1-1 0
        500 ftp://mirror.hetzner.de/debian/packages/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        500 ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Cheers,
        Thomas

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Thomas Glanzmann
Hello Robert,
please keep the list CCed.

> root@thishost:~# apt-cache policy davical
> davical:
>   Installiert: (keine)
>   Kandidat:    1.1.1-1
>   Versionstabelle:
>      1.1.1-1 0
>         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1.0.2-1 0
>         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64 Packages

I'm confused your subject line says Debian but your apt-cache policy
implies Ubuntu?

So on which distribution and release do you want to install davical?

Cheers,
        Thomas

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Robert Markula
Hi Thomas,

<snip>
root@thishost:~# apt-cache policy davical
davical:
  Installiert: (keine)
  Kandidat:    1.1.1-1
  Versionstabelle:
     1.1.1-1 0
        500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.0.2-1 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages

root@web:~# apt-cache policy libawl-php
libawl-php:
  Installiert: (keine)
  Kandidat:    0.54-1
  Versionstabelle:
     0.54-1 0
        500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
     0.51-1 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages
</snip>

I changed the specific davical sources.list line from lenny (as
mentioned in the wiki) to squeeze to wheezy... every time I try to
install davical, the mentioned error message appears. I have been
running davical on Ubuntu server for several years; this is the first
time that such error occurs (and no, I haven't changed anything, promised!).

Regards,

Robert

Am 12.09.2013 17:32, schrieb Thomas Glanzmann:

> Hello Markula,
> for me it works. Could you please paste your /etc/apt/sources.list?
>
> (infra) [~] apt-cache policy davical
> davical:
>   Installed: 1.1.1-1
>   Candidate: 1.1.1-1
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.1.1-1 0
>         500 ftp://mirror.hetzner.de/debian/packages/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
>         500 ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Cheers,
>         Thomas

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Robert Markula
Right, using Ubuntu 12.04 (precise). The subject line was meant to
clarify that I'm using .deb-Packages instead of RPMs. I should have
clarified that.
Anyway, since I'm using the wheezy packages it shouldn't make a
difference regarding dependencies (in fact, the davical 'ubuntu'
repository points right to the debian squeeze [IIRC] repository).

Regards,

Robert

@Thomas: sorry for the double post

Am 12.09.2013 20:50, schrieb Thomas Glanzmann:

> Hello Robert,
> please keep the list CCed.
>
>> root@thishost:~# apt-cache policy davical
>> davical:
>>   Installiert: (keine)
>>   Kandidat:    1.1.1-1
>>   Versionstabelle:
>>      1.1.1-1 0
>>         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>      1.0.2-1 0
>>         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64 Packages
> I'm confused your subject line says Debian but your apt-cache policy
> implies Ubuntu?
>
> So on which distribution and release do you want to install davical?
>
> Cheers,
>         Thomas

Re: [Davical-general] Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

icefield
I am having the same issue. The current release of davical (1.1.1-1) requires libawl-php < 0.54, so you cannot update libawl-php without breaking/removing davical.

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Markus Hansen
Hej hej,

Am 12.09.2013 21:44, schrieb Robert Markula:
> I changed the specific davical sources.list line from lenny (as
> mentioned in the wiki) to squeeze to wheezy... every time I try to
> install davical, the mentioned error message appears. I have been
> running davical on Ubuntu server for several years; this is the first
> time that such error occurs (and no, I haven't changed anything, promised!).

Similar problem here, alson on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:

apt-get dist-upgrade tells me that davical is going to be removed and
that libawl-php ist going to be updated.

root@dummy:~# apt-cache policy davical
davical:
   Installiert: 1.1.1-1
   Kandidat:    1.1.1-1
   Versionstabelle:
  *** 1.1.1-1 0
         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      1.0.2-1 0
         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages

root@dummy:~# apt-cache policy libawl-php
libawl-php:
   Installiert: 0.53-1
   Kandidat:    0.54-1
   Versionstabelle:
      0.54-1 0
         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
  *** 0.53-1 0
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      0.51-1 0
         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages

Cheers
        Markus

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Noah O'Donoghue
Same problem here. Upgrading broke my davical.

davical : Depends: libawl-php (< 0.54) but 0.54-1 is to be installed

Ubuntu 13.04

Using deb http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian lenny awm

On 16 September 2013 19:02, Markus Hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hej hej,

Am 12.09.2013 21:44, schrieb Robert Markula:
> I changed the specific davical sources.list line from lenny (as
> mentioned in the wiki) to squeeze to wheezy... every time I try to
> install davical, the mentioned error message appears. I have been
> running davical on Ubuntu server for several years; this is the first
> time that such error occurs (and no, I haven't changed anything, promised!).

Similar problem here, alson on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:

apt-get dist-upgrade tells me that davical is going to be removed and
that libawl-php ist going to be updated.

root@dummy:~# apt-cache policy davical
davical:
   Installiert: 1.1.1-1
   Kandidat:    1.1.1-1
   Versionstabelle:
  *** 1.1.1-1 0
         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      1.0.2-1 0
         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages

root@dummy:~# apt-cache policy libawl-php
libawl-php:
   Installiert: 0.53-1
   Kandidat:    0.54-1
   Versionstabelle:
      0.54-1 0
         500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ wheezy/awm amd64 Packages
  *** 0.53-1 0
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      0.51-1 0
         500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64
Packages

Cheers
        Markus

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Gary Witscher
Quoting Markus Hansen <[hidden email]>:

> Hej hej,
>
> Am 12.09.2013 21:44, schrieb Robert Markula:
>> I changed the specific davical sources.list line from lenny (as
>> mentioned in the wiki) to squeeze to wheezy... every time I try to
>> install davical, the mentioned error message appears. I have been
>> running davical on Ubuntu server for several years; this is the first
>> time that such error occurs (and no, I haven't changed anything, promised!).
>
> Similar problem here, alson on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade tells me that davical is going to be removed and
> that libawl-php ist going to be updated.

Well, I made the mistake of allowing apt to do the dist-upgrade, now I
am unable to go back. I've tried to downgrade libawl-php, but davical
will still not install. Can anyone help me with some way to get
davical installed again?

Running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

TIA
Gary

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Robert Markula
Hi Gary,

I see two possibilities:

1. Manual uninstall:
You manually download the libawl-php package from davical repository:
wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/morgue/libawl-php_0.53-1_all.deb

Then you remove the new 0.54-1 package and install the old compatible package you just downloaded:
apt-get purge libawl-php
dpkg -i libawl-php_0.53-1_all.deb

Then you reinstall davical:
apt-get install davical

Downside: On the next dist-upgrade, your 0.53-package will get removed with the incompatible 0.54-package again.

2. Apt Pinning
Google for 'apt pinning' or look at (for german speaking users):
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Apt-Pinning

@Devs:
Is there any reason for the 0.53 version requirement on the libawl-php package? If not, changing the dependencies on the davical package to allow for libawl-php versions higher than 0.53 would sure help a few people on this list.

Regards,

Robert

Am 26.09.2013 07:59, schrieb Gary:
[...]

October Webinars: Code for Performance

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Once you have the desired package version, you can freeze it against
upgrades with this command:

echo "libawl-php" | dpkg --set-selections

Al 26/09/13 09:15, En/na Robert Markula ha escrit:

Quoting Robert Markula <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I see two possibilities:
>
> 1. Manual uninstall:
> You manually download the libawl-php package from davical repository:
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/morgue/libawl-php_0.53-1_all.deb
>
> Then you remove the new 0.54-1 package and install the old compatible
> package you just downloaded:
> apt-get purge libawl-php
> dpkg -i libawl-php_0.53-1_all.deb
>
> Then you reinstall davical:
> apt-get install davical

That was simple enough, I hadn't realized that there was package
available just for davical.

Thanks a bunch,
Gary
--

 From Fortune ...

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
                -- Mark Twain

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

kwadronaut-2
Hi,

What's the current status of the davical package in Debian Squeeze? What
needs to be done to resolve this? The current squeeze davical still
requires an older libawl-php?

In my sources:
deb http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian squeeze awm

:~# apt-cache policy libawl-php
libawl-php:
  Installed: 0.53-1
  Candidate: 0.54-1
  Version table:
     0.54-1 0
        500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ squeeze/awm amd64 Packages
 *** 0.53-1 0
          2 http://ftp.tr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.45-0 0
        990 http://aptproxy.…/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

:~# apt-cache policy davical
davical:
  Installed: 1.1.1-1
  Candidate: 1.1.1-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.1-1 0
        500 http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian/ squeeze/awm amd64 Packages
          2 http://ftp.tr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.9.9.3-0 0
        990 http://aptproxy.…/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

Package: davical
Version: 1.1.1-1
Architecture: all
Maintainer: Andrew McMillan <[hidden email]>
Installed-Size: 1895
Depends: debconf (>= 1.0.32), php5-pgsql, postgresql-client (>= 8.1),
libawl-php (>= 0.53-1~), libawl-php (<< 0.54), libdbd-pg-perl, libyaml-perl

I believe there is no bugtracker currently?

ciao,
kwadronaut

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Nikolai Lusan
Hi,
On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 01:49 +0100, kwadronaut wrote:
> What's the current status of the davical package in Debian Squeeze? What
> needs to be done to resolve this? The current squeeze davical still
> requires an older libawl-php?

The current packages in the Debian distribution are the result of my
work. Having said that, it is worth pointing out that they are not the
packages I built. Due to the system the Debian project uses you need to
be a Debian Developer (DD) to put packages into the mainline
repositories, as a non DD I needed a sponsor - he did a hack job on my
packaging, ripping out large chunks of work and causing me major
headaches. I do have newer packages available (I'm running 2.0.11 on my
machines - but they are my packages), but my last attempt to find a new
sponsor fell on deaf ears. Due to on going health issues I haven't been
able to keep up with packaging, but am now in the process of packaging
up 2.0.14 (with plans for backports).

If you need something "fixed" contact me off-list and I will see if what
I have knocking about can solve your problems. I hope to have my
repository back up soon (I've also had some "issues" caused by a dead
HD), that would provide you with an easier way to keep things neat and
tidy.

Hope it helps
--
Nikolai Lusan <[hidden email]>

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

We could enable a DAViCal unofficial repository for Debian.
Can I help in some way?

El 06/11/13 02:36, Nikolai Lusan ha escrit:

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 12:27 +0100, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> We could enable a DAViCal unofficial repository for Debian.
> Can I help in some way?

My personal repository generally fills that function. Although it is
currently down after I suffered a dead HD and some data loss. When it is
back up I will let people know.

--
Nikolai Lusan <[hidden email]>

Re: Unmet libawl-php package dependencies (Debian)

Is your repository announced somewhere?

May we link it here?
http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Debian
http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php?title=Debian_shared

El 06/11/13 22:01, Nikolai Lusan ha escrit: