[Davical-general] Your wiki is broken

Matthias Beyer
Hi there, davical mailing list!

Your wiki at

    http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page

Seems to be broken! I would be happy if you would fix this!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.
Happily signed with gnupg.

Re: Your wiki is broken

Mathieu R.
Le 16/09/2013 10:24, Matthias Beyer a écrit :
> Hi there, davical mailing list!
>
> Your wiki at
>
>     http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page
>
> Seems to be broken! I would be happy if you would fix this!

Hello,

is there any plan to bring back the wiki ? i wan't to set up a davical
server for an ossociation, an i'll like to have more doc to tune it.

thanks in advance,

--
Mathieu R.

Re: Your wiki is broken

...and I want to update some documentation in the wiki.

Al 23/09/13 18:09, En/na Mathieu R. ha escrit:

> Le 16/09/2013 10:24, Matthias Beyer a écrit :
>> Hi there, davical mailing list!
>>
>> Your wiki at
>>
>>     http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page
>>
>> Seems to be broken! I would be happy if you would fix this!
>>

> Hello,
>
> is there any plan to bring back the wiki ? i wan't to set up a davical
> server for an ossociation, an i'll like to have more doc to tune it.
>
> thanks in advance,

Re: Your wiki is broken

webmaster
I also have translation TODO.

As i read Karora asking help, it might be important as if someone could
host the wiki.

I could also host a copy on a self-host server at home.
Maybe we need to start mirroring the wik on some different host but what
about the DNS?

Still sorry for my poor english :)

Le 23/09/2013 21:19, Narcis Garcia a écrit :

> ...and I want to update some documentation in the wiki.
>

> Al 23/09/13 18:09, En/na Mathieu R. ha escrit:
>> Le 16/09/2013 10:24, Matthias Beyer a écrit :
>>> Hi there, davical mailing list!
>>>
>>> Your wiki at
>>>
>>>      http://wiki.davical.org/w/Main_Page
>>>
>>> Seems to be broken! I would be happy if you would fix this!
>>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there any plan to bring back the wiki ? i wan't to set up a davical
>> server for an ossociation, an i'll like to have more doc to tune it.
>>
>> thanks in advance,

Re: Your wiki is broken

jontheil

I also have translation TODO.

As i read Karora asking help, it might be important as if someone could
host the wiki.

I could also host a copy on a self-host server at home.
Maybe we need to start mirroring the wik on some different host but what
about the DNS?

Still sorry for my poor english :)

How much space is needed for the wiki, how much traffic would you expect, which programs are needed?

As a temporary solution, I too might be able to host it. Depending on the answers of the above.

I have a FreeBSD server with Apache, PHP and so on. The Internet connection has a bandwidth of 200 Mb/s. But the connection is shared with some other people who would not be to happy if the connection became overloaded.

DNS should not be a major problem if someone still owns the domain. And if not, it is not very expensive to buy a DNS hotel. I will not pay for it personally, of course. :-)

Regards,
Jon Theil Nielsen

Re: Your wiki is broken

Ed - 0x1b, Inc.
I think the wiki is gone - there are parts left at archive.org (
WayBackMachine ) but I don't know if a complete mirror exists or is
available.

Going forward, one suggestion would be to replicate the wiki on
Github. This would also be a good way to add admins to the davical
presence on github.
https://github.com/DAViCal/davical

It is my understanding that Andrew McMillan has little extra time for
DAViCal and that migrating the wiki to something like Github might let
it live on.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Jon Theil Nielsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I also have translation TODO.
>>
>> As i read Karora asking help, it might be important as if someone could
>> host the wiki.
>>
>> I could also host a copy on a self-host server at home.
>> Maybe we need to start mirroring the wik on some different host but what
>> about the DNS?
>>
>> Still sorry for my poor english :)
>

> How much space is needed for the wiki, how much traffic would you expect,
> which programs are needed?
>
> As a temporary solution, I too might be able to host it. Depending on the
> answers of the above.
>
> I have a FreeBSD server with Apache, PHP and so on. The Internet connection
> has a bandwidth of 200 Mb/s. But the connection is shared with some other
> people who would not be to happy if the connection became overloaded.
>
> DNS should not be a major problem if someone still owns the domain. And if
> not, it is not very expensive to buy a DNS hotel. I will not pay for it
> personally, of course. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Jon Theil Nielsen

Re: Your wiki is broken

Bob Miller
I have also made the offer to host the wiki on my hosting services.
within days of it coming down, there were 3 or 4 such offers, but nobody
spoke up that actually had the wiki data.

All of my hosting infrastructure is in place and there are resources to
spare, all I need is the database dump and I can restore it.  I am also
willing to take on the expense and maintenance of the domain name.

The last copy of the wiki I saw was here:

http://wiki.davical.gmta.nl/

it showed up at the above link a few days after the main wiki died, but
it went away about a week later.

so, if anyone knows where the dbdump is and is willing to send it to me,
I will put it online.  If not me, hopefully someone will do it, that is
an awful lot of very useful data to lose...

--
Computerisms
Bob Miller