[Davical-general] calendar sharing

Antonello Carlomagno
Hi,
I have problem to know how to share calendar of two users.

this is my test:

created user A with own calendar
created user B with own calendar

created group G and I have added user A and B

user A grant group G
user B grant group G

well, in AGENDAV and ical OSX after login with user A ... I not see the
calendar of B

where I mistake ?

thanks
Antonello

Re: calendar sharing

Jorge López Pérez-2
Hi Antonello,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014, at 17:17, Antonello Carlomagno wrote:

> well, in AGENDAV and ical OSX after login with user A ... I not see the
> calendar of B
>
> where I mistake ?

Granting access to a resource doesn't make it to appear on the calendar
list. AFAIK there are three ways a shared calendar can be found from a
CalDAV client:

a) Your CalDAV client is provided with the exact URL for the shared
calendar
b) You did a BIND (think of it as a symlink) on your calendar home to
the shared calendar
c) You didn't share a single calendar but used calendar delegation to
allow an user access to all your calendars

OS X Calendar would work with b and c, and I would suggest using c),
because its UI provides an easy way to do that.

AgenDAV uses the first approach, issues an ACL operation on the calendar
and then adds it to an internal database. If a granted user lists his
calendars, those shared with him will be merged with his own calendars.
However using other CalDAV clients I wouldn't see any shared calendars,
for the same reason from my first paragraph.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Re: calendar sharing

On 22 Mar 2014, at 11:26, Jorge López Pérez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

CalDavZAP supports a.) b.) and also c.) [for c.) see the delegation option in config.js]