[Davical-general] error in awl-0.56 iCalendar.php?

[Davical-general] error in awl-0.56 iCalendar.php?

Thorsten Marquardt
I'm getting log messages like:

PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/share/awl-0.56/inc/iCalendar.php on line 137

Looks like there is a typo on line 137.

throw new \RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from string: `%s`", $propstring));

I think it should be:

throw new RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from string: `%s`", $propstring));

Regards

Thorsten

Re: error in awl-0.56 iCalendar.php?

Vincent Van Houtte-2
Looks more like an error in the encoding of $propstring to me. IIRC, a
mistake such as adding or removing a backslash before an Exception
would trigger an error "Uncaught Exception" - unless of course the
local Exception would override a public Exception, in which case you
may be right.

Thorsten Marquardt – Tue., 3. May 2016 11:36

> I'm getting log messages like:
>

>     PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\\' (ASCII=92)
>     state=1 in /usr/share/awl-0.56/inc/iCalendar.php on line 137
>

>     Looks like there is a typo on line 137.
> throw new \RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from
>       string: `%s`", $propstring));
>

>     I think it should be:
>
>     throw new RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from
>       string: `%s`", $propstring));
>
>         Regards
>

>     Thorsten

Re: error in awl-0.56 iCalendar.php?

Andrew McMillan-2

It shouldn't really even be a RuntimeException, which causes DAViCal to
crash on certain types of bad iCalendar files without providing any
idea of exactly what the problem is that caused the error.

Now that I have left Google (am out from under an employment contract
that owns all my thoughts :-) I can work on DAViCal a bit and I will
propose a fix for this issue during the coming week.

Cheers,
Andrew.

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 11:31 +0200, Thorsten Marquardt wrote:

> I'm getting log messages like:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\\' (ASCII=92) state=1
> in /usr/share/awl-0.56/inc/iCalendar.php on line 137
>
> Looks like there is a typo on line 137.
> throw new \RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from
> string: `%s`", $propstring));
> I think it should be:
> throw new RuntimeException(sprintf("Couldn't parse property from
> string: `%s`", $propstring));
>
> Regards
>
> Thorsten

https://google.com/+AndrewMcMillan                      Dublin, Ireland
                                                     +353 (87) 372 7098

        Open Source: the difference between trust and antitrust