[Davical-general] iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

[Davical-general] iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Frank O. Martin
Hi,

I do no longer get displayed calendar events with:
- iCal (Mac OS X, 10.7.4)
- iPad (iOS 5.1.1).

Still working are:
- Thunderbird/Lightning (Mac and Win)
- iPhone 4 (5.1.1)
- First generation iPhone (3.1.3)

All listed clients worked great with my davical server since the initial
setup about 18 months ago. A few days ago I updated my server to the
most recent version (1.1.1) of davical and did not notice any problems.

Yesterday I noticed by accident that one event is missing on the iPad
that showed up with other clients. Whatever I tried (delete/add account,
resetting iPad to factory defaults) the contents of my davical calendars
are not displayed by the iPad. For iCal it's the same :-(

There are no errors in the davical server log files and the output of
the server access file does not differ for the not working clients and
the working ones.

Activating the debug menu with iCal and logging the HTTP activity also
showed no error message.

What can I do next to debug this? Am I the only one with this problem?

Best regards

 Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Andrew McMillan
On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 15:33 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do no longer get displayed calendar events with:
> - iCal (Mac OS X, 10.7.4)
> - iPad (iOS 5.1.1).
>
> Still working are:
> - Thunderbird/Lightning (Mac and Win)
> - iPhone 4 (5.1.1)
> - First generation iPhone (3.1.3)
>
> All listed clients worked great with my davical server since the initial
> setup about 18 months ago. A few days ago I updated my server to the
> most recent version (1.1.1) of davical and did not notice any problems.
>
> Yesterday I noticed by accident that one event is missing on the iPad
> that showed up with other clients. Whatever I tried (delete/add account,
> resetting iPad to factory defaults) the contents of my davical calendars
> are not displayed by the iPad. For iCal it's the same :-(
>
> There are no errors in the davical server log files and the output of
> the server access file does not differ for the not working clients and
> the working ones.
>
> Activating the debug menu with iCal and logging the HTTP activity also
> showed no error message.
>
> What can I do next to debug this? Am I the only one with this problem?
It would appear so.  I haven't heard of other people with problems with
the iPad and DAViCal, and at this stage I would have expected to hear
lots of screams.

What environment is DAViCal running in?  What was the previous version
you were running?  Did you update libawl at the same time?  Have the
database upgrade scripts been run?

Regards,
                                        Andrew.

    He who is flogged by fate and laughs the louder is a masochist.

Am 19.07.12 06:40, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> It would appear so.  I haven't heard of other people with problems with
> the iPad and DAViCal, and at this stage I would have expected to hear
> lots of screams.
>
> What environment is DAViCal running in?  What was the previous version
> you were running?  Did you update libawl at the same time?  Have the
> database upgrade scripts been run?

The environment is:
- CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
- Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
- PHP/5.3.3
- PostgreSQL 8.1.23

The last two updates were:

Update 2012-01-06
-----------------

cd /usr/local/src
wget
http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.50-1.noarch.rpm

rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.50-1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh davical-1.0.1-1.noarch.rpm

Update 2012-07-13
-----------------

cd /usr/local/src
wget
http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm

rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm

Since the Release Notes for 1.1.1 say that there are no database changes
I didn't run the "update-davical-database" script.

The DAViCal web frontend shows all dependencies passed
(Administration/Setup).

I'm glad that this is not a general problem and hope you can give me
some hints to find out how I managed to screw up my system.

Thanks a lot & regards

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 10:18 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:

> Am 19.07.12 06:40, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> > It would appear so.  I haven't heard of other people with problems with
> > the iPad and DAViCal, and at this stage I would have expected to hear
> > lots of screams.
> >
> > What environment is DAViCal running in?  What was the previous version
> > you were running?  Did you update libawl at the same time?  Have the
> > database upgrade scripts been run?
>
> The environment is:
> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
> - PHP/5.3.3
> - PostgreSQL 8.1.23
My immediate off-the-cuff guess would be that I've screwed up something
in relation to Postgres 8.1.  On the other hand I do feel the need to
point out that even *PostgreSQL.Org* do not support Postgres versions
earlier than 8.3...

While the release notes for 1.1.1 say there were no database changes,
there were database changes for 1.0.2 and (especially) for 1.1.0, so
cumulatively you definitely do need to run those upgrades.

I *really* recommend using a newer version of PostgreSQL too.

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

> The last two updates were:
>
> Update 2012-01-06
> -----------------
>
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.50-1.noarch.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.50-1.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh davical-1.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
>
> Update 2012-07-13
> -----------------
>
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
>

> Since the Release Notes for 1.1.1 say that there are no database changes
> I didn't run the "update-davical-database" script.
>
> The DAViCal web frontend shows all dependencies passed
> (Administration/Setup).
>
> I'm glad that this is not a general problem and hope you can give me
> some hints to find out how I managed to screw up my system.
>
> Thanks a lot & regards
>
>  Frank

                       Only a fool has no doubts.

Am 19.07.12 10:26, schrieb Andrew McMillan:

>> The environment is:
>> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
>> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
>> - PHP/5.3.3
>> - PostgreSQL 8.1.23
>
> My immediate off-the-cuff guess would be that I've screwed up something
> in relation to Postgres 8.1.  On the other hand I do feel the need to
> point out that even *PostgreSQL.Org* do not support Postgres versions
> earlier than 8.3...

Hi Andrew,

as recommended I updated to the postgresql84 packages (version 8.4.12)
of my CentOS 5 box. Still not able to access the calendars with my iPad
I finally started a new davical db with the actual create-database.sh .

I was able to import the old data as ics files via web interface and
Thunderbird/Lightning shows the calendars. Even though I even configured
the virtual host to rewrite /caldav.php/ to please Apple devices my iPad
still does not show any calendar events :-(

I switched on dbg["ALL"] but have not clue which part(s) indicate what's
wrong.

Can you give me some hints what I can check next?

Thanks a lot & Regards
 Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Ján Máté-2
Hi Frank,

we are using Davical 1.1.1 in our company (~50 people with iPhones) and nobody reported any problem (they are using iOS 5.1.1). It works well also with iOS 6 beta 3 (my personal iPhone).

Try to update your rewrite rules to:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|png|gif|js|jpg|otf|html|tgz)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php$1  [NC,L]

and use full principal URL in your clients (with caldav.php), for example:

http://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
https://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
https://server.com:8443/caldav.php/user1/

JM

On Jul 20, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Frank O. Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 19.07.12 10:26, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
>>> The environment is:
>>> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
>>> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
>>> - PHP/5.3.3
>>> - PostgreSQL 8.1.23
>>
>> My immediate off-the-cuff guess would be that I've screwed up something
>> in relation to Postgres 8.1.  On the other hand I do feel the need to
>> point out that even *PostgreSQL.Org* do not support Postgres versions
>> earlier than 8.3...
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> as recommended I updated to the postgresql84 packages (version 8.4.12)
> of my CentOS 5 box. Still not able to access the calendars with my iPad
> I finally started a new davical db with the actual create-database.sh .
>
> I was able to import the old data as ics files via web interface and
> Thunderbird/Lightning shows the calendars. Even though I even configured
> the virtual host to rewrite /caldav.php/ to please Apple devices my iPad
> still does not show any calendar events :-(
>
> I switched on dbg["ALL"] but have not clue which part(s) indicate what's
> wrong.
>
> Can you give me some hints what I can check next?
>
> Thanks a lot & Regards
> Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Frank O. Martin
Hi Ján,

my rewrite rules had two lines more:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]

I tried it with your version -

May I ask what your environment looks like? (CentOS ?,
PostgreSQL/apache/php Version?).

Thanks a lot & Regards
 Frank

Am 20.07.12 16:43, schrieb Ján Máté:

> Hi Frank,
>
> we are using Davical 1.1.1 in our company (~50 people with iPhones) and nobody reported any problem (they are using iOS 5.1.1). It works well also with iOS 6 beta 3 (my personal iPhone).
>
> Try to update your rewrite rules to:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|png|gif|js|jpg|otf|html|tgz)
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php$1  [NC,L]
>
> and use full principal URL in your clients (with caldav.php), for example:
>
> http://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
> https://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
> https://server.com:8443/caldav.php/user1/
>

> JM

>>> My immediate off-the-cuff guess would be that I've screwed up something
>>> in relation to Postgres 8.1.  On the other hand I do feel the need to
>>> point out that even *PostgreSQL.Org* do not support Postgres versions
>>> earlier than 8.3...
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> as recommended I updated to the postgresql84 packages (version 8.4.12)
>> of my CentOS 5 box. Still not able to access the calendars with my iPad
>> I finally started a new davical db with the actual create-database.sh .
>>
>> I was able to import the old data as ics files via web interface and
>> Thunderbird/Lightning shows the calendars. Even though I even configured
>> the virtual host to rewrite /caldav.php/ to please Apple devices my iPad
>> still does not show any calendar events :-(
>>
>> I switched on dbg["ALL"] but have not clue which part(s) indicate what's
>> wrong.
>>
>> Can you give me some hints what I can check next?
>>
>> Thanks a lot & Regards
>> Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Ján Máté-2
Hi Frank,

your additional lines in rewrite rule can cause problems because REQUEST_FILENAME variable has different value if you use it in virtual host scope and different value if you use it in "<Directory ....>" directive (check Apache documentation).

My environment is Debian 6.0.5 - squeeze (= stable) with apache, php, postgtres and some others from debian wheezy (= testing). Davical related packages:
Apache: 2.2.22
PHP: 5.4.4
Postgres: 9.1.4
PHP-xcache: 2.0.0
PHP-memcached: 2.0.1
Memcached: 1.4.13

My davical config (with tiny dbname/hostname/IP obfuscation):

http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/server_conf.txt

JM

On Jul 20, 2012, at 5:25 PM, "Frank O. Martin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ján,
>
> my rewrite rules had two lines more:
>
>  RewriteEngine On
>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
>  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
>
> I tried it with your version -
>
> May I ask what your environment looks like? (CentOS ?,
> PostgreSQL/apache/php Version?).
>
> Thanks a lot & Regards
> Frank
>

> Am 20.07.12 16:43, schrieb Ján Máté:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> we are using Davical 1.1.1 in our company (~50 people with iPhones) and nobody reported any problem (they are using iOS 5.1.1). It works well also with iOS 6 beta 3 (my personal iPhone).
>>
>> Try to update your rewrite rules to:
>>
>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|png|gif|js|jpg|otf|html|tgz)
>> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php$1  [NC,L]
>>
>> and use full principal URL in your clients (with caldav.php), for example:
>>
>> http://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
>> https://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
>> https://server.com:8443/caldav.php/user1/
>>

>> JM

>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> as recommended I updated to the postgresql84 packages (version 8.4.12)
>>> of my CentOS 5 box. Still not able to access the calendars with my iPad
>>> I finally started a new davical db with the actual create-database.sh .
>>>
>>> I was able to import the old data as ics files via web interface and
>>> Thunderbird/Lightning shows the calendars. Even though I even configured
>>> the virtual host to rewrite /caldav.php/ to please Apple devices my iPad
>>> still does not show any calendar events :-(
>>>
>>> I switched on dbg["ALL"] but have not clue which part(s) indicate what's
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> Can you give me some hints what I can check next?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot & Regards
>>> Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Frank O. Martin
Hi Ján,

I tried it with your version - but with the latest DAViCal version it
made no difference with my iOS 5.1.1 devices.

I adopted your rewrite rule for my production system and rolled back to
davical version 1.1.0. Works like a charm :-)

Thank you for sharing your configuration. It's always inspiring to see
how professional environments are set up. Maybe this would be also a
nice section for the wiki.

Thanks a lot & Regards

 Frank

Am 21.07.12 00:04, schrieb Ján Máté:

> Hi Frank,
>
> your additional lines in rewrite rule can cause problems because REQUEST_FILENAME variable has different value if you use it in virtual host scope and different value if you use it in "<Directory ....>" directive (check Apache documentation).
>
> My environment is Debian 6.0.5 - squeeze (= stable) with apache, php, postgtres and some others from debian wheezy (= testing). Davical related packages:
> Apache: 2.2.22
> PHP: 5.4.4
> Postgres: 9.1.4
> PHP-xcache: 2.0.0
> PHP-memcached: 2.0.1
> Memcached: 1.4.13
>
> My davical config (with tiny dbname/hostname/IP obfuscation):
>
> http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/server_conf.txt
>

> JM
>

> On Jul 20, 2012, at 5:25 PM, "Frank O. Martin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ján,
>>
>> my rewrite rules had two lines more:
>>
>>  RewriteEngine On
>>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)
>>  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>>  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>>  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
>>
>> I tried it with your version -
>>
>> May I ask what your environment looks like? (CentOS ?,
>> PostgreSQL/apache/php Version?).
>>
>> Thanks a lot & Regards
>> Frank
>>

>> Am 20.07.12 16:43, schrieb Ján Máté:
>>> Hi Frank,
>>>
>>> we are using Davical 1.1.1 in our company (~50 people with iPhones) and nobody reported any problem (they are using iOS 5.1.1). It works well also with iOS 6 beta 3 (my personal iPhone).
>>>
>>> Try to update your rewrite rules to:
>>>
>>> RewriteEngine On
>>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
>>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|png|gif|js|jpg|otf|html|tgz)
>>> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php$1  [NC,L]
>>>
>>> and use full principal URL in your clients (with caldav.php), for example:
>>>
>>> http://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
>>> https://server.com/caldav.php/user1/
>>> https://server.com:8443/caldav.php/user1/
>>>

>>> JM

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Frank O. Martin

meanwhile I've set up a test environment in a virtual machine.

I started with DAViCal 0.9.9.7 and updated step-by-step to version 1.1.1
. Indeed my iOS 5.1.1 devices stopped showing calendar events after
applying the last update.

So it seems that the last DAViCal update broke my stack (CentOS 5,
php53, postgresql84) with regard to iOS 5.1.1 devices.

Below are request/response debug messages for Thunderbird/Lightning
(that showed the test event) and iPad iOS 5.1.1 that did not show it.

In fact the log shows a "<status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</status>" for
the iPad.

With my production server I rolled back to DAViCal 1.1.0 and all my
devices work again :-)

Regards,

 Frank

davical: LOG: :***************** Request Header ****************
davical: LOG: :REPORT /caldav.php/martin/calendar/
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-Length: 281
davical: LOG: headers:-->Cache-Control: no-cache
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept-Language:
de-de,de;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
davical: LOG: headers:-->Host: 192.168.178.29
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept: text/xml
davical: LOG: headers:-->User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac
OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120713 Thunderbird/14.0 Lightning/1.6
davical: LOG: headers:-->Authorization: Delicious tasty password eaten
by debugging monster!
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept-Encoding: gzip
davical: LOG: headers:-->Depth: 1
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept-Charset: utf-8,*;q=0.1
davical: LOG: headers:-->Pragma: no-cache
davical: LOG: :******************** Request ********************
davical: LOG: request:--><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
davical: LOG: request:--><calendar-multiget xmlns:D="DAV:"
xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
davical: LOG: request:-->  <D:prop>
davical: LOG: request:-->    <D:getetag/>
davical: LOG: request:-->    <calendar-data/>
davical: LOG: request:-->  </D:prop>
davical: LOG: request:-->
<D:href>/caldav.php/martin/calendar/fcb872dc-3342-6b44-938c-2c0a7a156667.ics</D:href>
davical: LOG: request:--></calendar-multiget>
davical: LOG: :Response status 207 for REPORT /caldav.php/martin/calendar/
davical: LOG: :***************** Response Header ****************
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3
davical: LOG: headers:-->Server: 1.1
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: 1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: extended-mkcol, bind, addressbook,
calendar-auto-schedule, calendar-proxy
davical: LOG: headers:-->ETag: "a9e3072c1b559e44e101ecea8c194ecf"
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-DAViCal-Version: DAViCal/1.1.1; DB/1.2.11
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
davical: LOG: :******************** Response ********************
davical: LOG: response:--><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
davical: LOG: response:--><multistatus xmlns="DAV:"
xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
davical: LOG: response:--> <response>
davical: LOG: response:-->
<href>/caldav.php/martin/calendar/fcb872dc-3342-6b44-938c-2c0a7a156667.ics</href>
davical: LOG: response:-->  <propstat>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <prop>
davical: LOG: response:-->
<getetag>"2709980065efc4ab3914d129fe16d092"</getetag>
davical: LOG: response:-->    <C:calendar-data>BEGIN:VCALENDAR
davical: LOG: response:-->PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar
V1.1//EN
davical: LOG: response:-->VERSION:2.0
davical: LOG: response:-->BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
davical: LOG: response:-->TZID:Europe/Berlin
davical: LOG: response:-->X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/Berlin
davical: LOG: response:-->BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
davical: LOG: response:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
davical: LOG: response:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0200
davical: LOG: response:-->TZNAME:CEST
davical: LOG: response:-->DTSTART:19700329T020000
davical: LOG: response:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
davical: LOG: response:-->END:DAYLIGHT
davical: LOG: response:-->BEGIN:STANDARD
davical: LOG: response:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
davical: LOG: response:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0100
davical: LOG: response:-->TZNAME:CET
davical: LOG: response:-->DTSTART:19701025T030000
davical: LOG: response:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
davical: LOG: response:-->END:STANDARD
davical: LOG: response:-->END:VTIMEZONE
davical: LOG: response:-->BEGIN:VEVENT
davical: LOG: response:-->CREATED:20120721T112417Z
davical: LOG: response:-->LAST-MODIFIED:20120721T112431Z
davical: LOG: response:-->DTSTAMP:20120721T112431Z
davical: LOG: response:-->UID:fcb872dc-3342-6b44-938c-2c0a7a156667
davical: LOG: response:-->SUMMARY:DAViTest
davical: LOG: response:-->DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20120722T140000
davical: LOG: response:-->DTEND;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20120722T150000
davical: LOG: response:-->TRANSP:OPAQUE
davical: LOG: response:-->END:VEVENT
davical: LOG: response:-->END:VCALENDAR
davical: LOG: response:--></C:calendar-data>
davical: LOG: response:-->   </prop>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</status>
davical: LOG: response:-->  </propstat>
davical: LOG: response:--> </response>
davical: LOG: response:--></multistatus>
davical: LOG: response:-->

davical: LOG: :***************** Request Header ****************
davical: LOG: :REPORT /caldav.php/martin/calendar/
davical: LOG: headers:-->Host: 192.168.178.29
davical: LOG: headers:-->User-Agent: iOS/5.1.1 (9B206) dataaccessd/1.0
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-Length: 327
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept: */*
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept-Language: de-de
davical: LOG: headers:-->Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-Type: text/xml
davical: LOG: headers:-->Authorization: Delicious tasty password eaten
by debugging monster!
davical: LOG: headers:-->Connection: keep-alive
davical: LOG: :******************** Request ********************
davical: LOG: request:--><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
davical: LOG: request:--><H:calendar-multiget
xmlns:H="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
davical: LOG: request:-->  <A:prop xmlns:A="DAV:">
davical: LOG: request:-->    <A:getetag/>
davical: LOG: request:-->    <H:calendar-data/>
davical: LOG: request:-->    <H:schedule-tag/>
davical: LOG: request:-->  </A:prop>
davical: LOG: request:-->  <A:href
xmlns:A="DAV:">/caldav.php/martin/calendar/fcb872dc-3342-6b44-938c-2c0a7a156667.ics</A:href>
davical: LOG: request:--></H:calendar-multiget>
davical: LOG: request:-->
davical: LOG: :Response status 207 for REPORT /caldav.php/martin/calendar/
davical: LOG: :***************** Response Header ****************
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3
davical: LOG: headers:-->Server: 1.1
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: 1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: extended-mkcol, bind, addressbook,
calendar-auto-schedule, calendar-proxy
davical: LOG: headers:-->ETag: "e95f1983af90c33c3d320479be116bf0"
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-DAViCal-Version: DAViCal/1.1.1; DB/1.2.11
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
davical: LOG: :******************** Response ********************
davical: LOG: response:--><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
davical: LOG: response:--><multistatus xmlns="DAV:"
xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
davical: LOG: response:--> <response>
davical: LOG: response:-->
<href>/caldav.php/martin/calendar/fcb872dc-3342-6b44-938c-2c0a7a156667.ics</href>
davical: LOG: response:-->  <propstat>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <prop/>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</status>
davical: LOG: response:-->  </propstat>
davical: LOG: response:-->  <propstat>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <prop>
davical: LOG: response:-->    <getetag/>
davical: LOG: response:-->    <C:calendar-data/>
davical: LOG: response:-->    <C:schedule-tag/>
davical: LOG: response:-->   </prop>
davical: LOG: response:-->   <status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</status>

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 13:08 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> meanwhile I've set up a test environment in a virtual machine.
>
> I started with DAViCal 0.9.9.7 and updated step-by-step to version 1.1.1
> . Indeed my iOS 5.1.1 devices stopped showing calendar events after
> applying the last update.
>
> So it seems that the last DAViCal update broke my stack (CentOS 5,
> php53, postgresql84) with regard to iOS 5.1.1 devices.
>
> Below are request/response debug messages for Thunderbird/Lightning
> (that showed the test event) and iPad iOS 5.1.1 that did not show it.
>
> In fact the log shows a "<status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</status>" for
> the iPad.
Most 207 responses will have a 404 section as well as a 200 section -
the client tends to request a wide range of properties, some of which
are not applicable to any given server.

To work out what is going wrong I'll really need to see a log with:

$c->dbg = array( 'request' => 1, 'response' => 1, 'statistics' => 1);

Taken from the point where you create the account on the iPad, in each
case, through the next couple of minutes, with no other clients
connecting to the server.

Then I can compare 'apples with apples', so to speak :-)

Thanks,
                                        Andrew.
       Don't compare floating point numbers solely for equality.

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Graf von Roit zu Hoya

only for the records: i run into the same problem.

I upgraded from 1.0.2 (awl 0.51) to 1.1.1 (awl 0.53) via rpm. After applying the update, my iDevices with 5.1.1 stopped working. Thunderbird lightning still works. When i create/delte/modify an event with Thunderbird the changes are never be shown on the iDevices (iPad/iPhone). Modifying an event with the iPhone, the change is shown in Thunderbird, but not on the iPad (and vise versa: modifications made on the iPad are not shown on iPhone). I see "PROPFIND" and "REPORT" entries in the davical log when an iDevice queries the DaviCal server. But nothing appears in the calendars.

DaviCal error log with 1.1.1 looks like this:

My rewrite rules are adopted as mentioned in the wiki. I also deleted the calendar account on the iPhone and reinstalled it. Install was seemless like always. But no items shown in the calendar(s).

Rewrite rule in vserver:

  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
         RewriteEngine On

         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(php|css|js|png|gif|jpg)

         RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
         RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

         RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /caldav.php/$1  [NC,L]
  </IfModule>

I now reverted back to 1.1.0 (awl 0.52) and all works like a charme. Same as it does by Martin.

System: Redhat EL 4.3 (sorry, no upgrade possible, as this is a rented vserver)
PostgreSQL: 8.4.8
PHP: 5.3.8

Is there a difference between the RPMs and the tar files? The dates differ?

I always thought i'm the only one, as i didn't find any similar message via g...gle.

Any help is appreciated.

--

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Frank O. Martin
Hi Andrew,

attached to this e-mail are two log files that allow the comparison of
'apples with apples' - very nice wordplay :-)

Both times a new account was created and no other clients were involved.
I stripped the leading timestamp/server strings to make it easy to
compare the files with diff.

Thanks a lot & Best regards,

 Frank

p.s.: I hope it's ok to send attachments to the mailing-list!?

debug_1.1.0.log (184K) Download Attachment
debug_1.1.1.log (167K) Download Attachment

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 12:08 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> attached to this e-mail are two log files that allow the comparison of
> 'apples with apples' - very nice wordplay :-)
>
> Both times a new account was created and no other clients were involved.
> I stripped the leading timestamp/server strings to make it easy to
> compare the files with diff.

Hi Frank,

This looks like a bug that was fixed late in the release process after I
generated some pre-release packages of DAViCal 1.1.1 which we tested
against iOS5 & iOS6.  Are you sure you're using the final released
versions?

What OS/distribution are you using, and where did you get the packages
from?

Thanks,
                                        Andrew.

> Thanks a lot & Best regards,
>
>  Frank
>
> p.s.: I hope it's ok to send attachments to the mailing-list!?
>

> Am 25.07.12 01:25, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> > On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 13:08 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> meanwhile I've set up a test environment in a virtual machine.
> >>
> >> I started with DAViCal 0.9.9.7 and updated step-by-step to version 1.1.1
> >> . Indeed my iOS 5.1.1 devices stopped showing calendar events after
> >> applying the last update.
> >>
> >> So it seems that the last DAViCal update broke my stack (CentOS 5,
> >> php53, postgresql84) with regard to iOS 5.1.1 devices.
> >>
> >> Below are request/response debug messages for Thunderbird/Lightning
> >> (that showed the test event) and iPad iOS 5.1.1 that did not show it.
> >>
> >> In fact the log shows a "<status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</status>" for
> >> the iPad.
> >
> > Most 207 responses will have a 404 section as well as a 200 section -
> > the client tends to request a wide range of properties, some of which
> > are not applicable to any given server.
> >
> > To work out what is going wrong I'll really need to see a log with:
> >
> > $c->dbg = array( 'request' => 1, 'response' => 1, 'statistics' => 1);
> >
> > Taken from the point where you create the account on the iPad, in each
> > case, through the next couple of minutes, with no other clients
> > connecting to the server.
> >
> > Then I can compare 'apples with apples', so to speak :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew.

       Work smarter, not harder, and be careful of your speling.

Am 26.07.12 22:12, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> Hi Frank,
>
> This looks like a bug that was fixed late in the release process after I
> generated some pre-release packages of DAViCal 1.1.1 which we tested
> against iOS5 & iOS6.  Are you sure you're using the final released
> versions?
>
> What OS/distribution are you using, and where did you get the packages
> from?

Hi Andrew,

The environment is:
- CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
- Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
- PHP/5.3.3
- PostgreSQL 8.4.12

I did the following steps to update my system on July 13:

cd /usr/local/src
wget
http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm

rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm

On my test environment (same specs) I downloaded the latest files on
July 21 - so I guess these should be the final release files.

How can I check if the bug is present in my installation? And please
don't hesitate to request further debug files if this helps.

Thanks a lot & Regards
 Frank

Re: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello Andrew, Hello Frank,

Am 27.07.2012 um 00:50 schrieb "Frank O. Martin" <[hidden email]>:

> Am 26.07.12 22:12, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> This looks like a bug that was fixed late in the release process after I
>> generated some pre-release packages of DAViCal 1.1.1 which we tested
>> against iOS5 & iOS6.  Are you sure you're using the final released
>> versions?
>>
>> What OS/distribution are you using, and where did you get the packages
>> from?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> The environment is:
> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
> - PHP/5.3.3
> - PostgreSQL 8.4.12

Me too, but on RHEL 4.3 and Postgresql 8.4.3.

> I did the following steps to update my system on July 13:
>
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm

Same as me. After update, i run the update-db-script. Download around July 23. And again for a test system yesterday.

> On my test environment (same specs) I downloaded the latest files on
> July 21 - so I guess these should be the final release files.
>
> How can I check if the bug is present in my installation? And please
> don't hesitate to request further debug files if this

As above, Mae too.

Bye

[Davical-general] Incorrect RPM packages for DAViCal 1.1.1 (was: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical 1.1.1)

Hi Frank,

It looks like the RPM packages for DAViCal got built during my
pre-release process and then never got rebuilt during the actual
release.

I've updated the packages on my site now with packages built from the
released version of 1.1.1.  I've also made sure the version number is
incremented slightly for these, so the package is at:

http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-2.noarch.rpm

The AWL package is fine - only the DAViCal package itself is missing
some final changes.

Thanks for your help in working out what this problem was.

Regards,
                                        Andrew McMillan.

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 00:50 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:

> Am 26.07.12 22:12, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > This looks like a bug that was fixed late in the release process after I
> > generated some pre-release packages of DAViCal 1.1.1 which we tested
> > against iOS5 & iOS6.  Are you sure you're using the final released
> > versions?
> >
> > What OS/distribution are you using, and where did you get the packages
> > from?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> The environment is:
> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
> - PHP/5.3.3
> - PostgreSQL 8.4.12
>
> I did the following steps to update my system on July 13:
>
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
>

> On my test environment (same specs) I downloaded the latest files on
> July 21 - so I guess these should be the final release files.
>
> How can I check if the bug is present in my installation? And please
> don't hesitate to request further debug files if this helps.

    %DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory
VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

Re: Incorrect RPM packages for DAViCal 1.1.1 (was: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical 1.1.1)

Frank O. Martin
Hi Andrew,

thank you for providing an updated rpm :-)

And thank you for your sustainable effort in creating and improving
DAViCal for the community. It's one of the greatest open source projects
imho!

Regards,
 Frank