[Davical-general] iOS 7 fun

12

[Davical-general] iOS 7 fun

Andrew Ruthven
I just spotted this in IRC:

<aleixdorca> Morning all, I guess I'm not the first to ask about iOS7
and the calendars not showing correctly, am I?
<aleixdorca> Basically, what I am seeing is that the default calendar
(named calendar) is not taken into account. Other calendars (with ugly
identifiers) show correctly. The name is the only difference I can see
between those that show and those that don't.
<aleixdorca> Just to clarify my previous statements... Apple (in iOS7)
wants its calendars to have certain properties like
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:schedule-calendar-transp'  and
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set' set to
a specific value, otherwise it is NOT a valid calendar. After adding
this properties to my calendar via psql I can see it again and it works
fine...
<aleixdorca> The problem is to find if it would be possible to add this
properties when creating the 'default' calendar.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand
                           | Come swan on the Swan River
                           |    http://linux.conf.au

Re: iOS 7 fun

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

strange problem. I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 last night to iOS7 and
do not have any issue. Run's like before.

Rudi

Am 19.09.13 11:55, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:

> I just spotted this in IRC:
>
> <aleixdorca> Morning all, I guess I'm not the first to ask about iOS7
> and the calendars not showing correctly, am I?
> <aleixdorca> Basically, what I am seeing is that the default calendar
> (named calendar) is not taken into account. Other calendars (with ugly
> identifiers) show correctly. The name is the only difference I can see
> between those that show and those that don't.
> <aleixdorca> Just to clarify my previous statements... Apple (in iOS7)
> wants its calendars to have certain properties like
> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:schedule-calendar-transp'  and
> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set' set to
> a specific value, otherwise it is NOT a valid calendar. After adding
> this properties to my calendar via psql I can see it again and it works
> fine...
> <aleixdorca> The problem is to find if it would be possible to add this
> properties when creating the 'default' calendar.
>
> Cheers!

> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Hi,

I've configured our iOS devices using Apple Configurator and profiles.
Contact sync seems totally broken with iOS 7.

Regards,

Carsten

Am 19.09.13 12:54, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:

> Hello,
>
> strange problem. I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 last night to iOS7 and
> do not have any issue. Run's like before.
>
> Rudi
>
> Am 19.09.13 11:55, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
>> I just spotted this in IRC:
>>
>> <aleixdorca> Morning all, I guess I'm not the first to ask about iOS7
>> and the calendars not showing correctly, am I?
>> <aleixdorca> Basically, what I am seeing is that the default calendar
>> (named calendar) is not taken into account. Other calendars (with ugly
>> identifiers) show correctly. The name is the only difference I can see
>> between those that show and those that don't.
>> <aleixdorca> Just to clarify my previous statements... Apple (in iOS7)
>> wants its calendars to have certain properties like
>> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:schedule-calendar-transp'  and
>> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set' set to
>> a specific value, otherwise it is NOT a valid calendar. After adding
>> this properties to my calendar via psql I can see it again and it works
>> fine...
>> <aleixdorca> The problem is to find if it would be possible to add this
>> properties when creating the 'default' calendar.
>>
>> Cheers!

>> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
>> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
>> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
>> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: iOS 7 fun

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello,

as i wrote, i can NOT confirm this. All iDevices are now upgraded from 6
to 7, and most of the desktops/notebooks now on 10.8.5, and all systems
are up and running normal. No problems detected so far, no intervetion
needed. Contacts and Calendars are accessable, editable and "synced"
across all platforms

Rudi

Am 19.09.13 12:59, schrieb Carsten Pohle:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured our iOS devices using Apple Configurator and profiles.
> Contact sync seems totally broken with iOS 7.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carsten
>

> Am 19.09.13 12:54, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:
>> Hello,
>>
>> strange problem. I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 last night to iOS7 and
>> do not have any issue. Run's like before.
>>
>> Rudi
>>
>> Am 19.09.13 11:55, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
>>> I just spotted this in IRC:
>>>
>>> <aleixdorca> Morning all, I guess I'm not the first to ask about iOS7
>>> and the calendars not showing correctly, am I?
>>> <aleixdorca> Basically, what I am seeing is that the default calendar
>>> (named calendar) is not taken into account. Other calendars (with ugly
>>> identifiers) show correctly. The name is the only difference I can see
>>> between those that show and those that don't.
>>> <aleixdorca> Just to clarify my previous statements... Apple (in iOS7)
>>> wants its calendars to have certain properties like
>>> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:schedule-calendar-transp'  and
>>> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set' set to
>>> a specific value, otherwise it is NOT a valid calendar. After adding
>>> this properties to my calendar via psql I can see it again and it works
>>> fine...
>>> <aleixdorca> The problem is to find if it would be possible to add this
>>> properties when creating the 'default' calendar.
>>>
>>> Cheers!

>>> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
>>> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
>>> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
>>> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
>>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Rudolf Graf von Roit zu Hoya
*E-Mail:* [hidden email]

Re: iOS 7 fun

Jim Fenton
Can anyone give details on how to add these properties via psql, and what they need to be set to?

I'm still running 1.1.1; I wonder if that has something to do with it because the changelog for 1.1.2 indicates some Apple and iOS specific fixes.

-Jim

On 09/19/2013 02:55 AM, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
[...]

see http://www.inf-it.com/davical/ and my "extended the $c->default_collections option" patch ... it
creates supported-calendar-component-set property for all NEWLY created collections.

For existing collections use:

INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value, changed_by) VALUES ('/user/collection/', 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', XXX, YYY);

XXX - for "event" only calendar use:

'<comp name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'

for "todo" only calendar use:

'<comp name="VTODO" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'

for "todo" and "event" calendar (all data in one collection) use:

'<comp name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/><comp name="VTODO" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'

YYY - use valid integer value from "user_no" column in the "usr" table

You can also use:

$c->default_calendar_components = array( 'VEVENT', 'VTODO', 'VJOURNAL', 'VTIMEZONE', 'VFREEBUSY', 'VAVAILABILITY' );

... it sets the default supported components for all collections without urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set
property, but it is not the best idea for environment with iOS clients because iOS always creates separate calendars for events and todos.

JM

On Sep 19, 2013, at 9:01 PM, Jim Fenton <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Bruce A. Mah
If memory serves me right, Ján Máté wrote:

> see http://www.inf-it.com/davical/ and my "extended the
> $c->default_collections option" patch ... it
> creates supported-calendar-component-set property for all NEWLY created
> collections.
>
> For existing collections use:
>
> INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
> changed_by) VALUES ('*/user/collection/*',
> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', *XXX*,
> *YYY*);
[snip]

Thank you for posting this...it worked perfectly for me!

Bruce.

Re: iOS 7 fun

Jim Fenton
Ján,

Thank you for this; it was a tremendous help.  I got a little confused about all the collections -- it turns out that iOS7 had, not seeing a collection with the correct supported-calendar-component-set property, created a new one, and was ignoring the one with all my calendar data in it.  When I figured out what was where, I made this change to the correct collections (/user/home/ in my case) and the calendar magically appeared.  I was then able to use the web interface to remove the empty calendar collections that iOS7 had created.

But the combined "todo" and "event" collection didn't seem to work for my Reminders. It still insisted on keeping the Reminders in a separate collection, as if it didn't see the "VTODO" part of the XXX string in the third example. That wasn't much of an issue for me; I don't have a lot of data in my Reminders, so I just copied those over.  But it does seem like it insists on different collections for calendar (VEVENT) and reminders (VTODO) now.

-Jim

On 09/19/2013 12:58 PM, Ján Máté wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Matthias Fechner
Am 19.09.13 21:58, schrieb Ján Máté:

> For existing collections use:
>
> INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
> changed_by) VALUES ('*/user/collection/*',
> 'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', *XXX*,
> *YYY*);
>

> *XXX* - for "event" only calendar use:
>
> '<comp name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'
>
> for "todo" only calendar use:
>
> '<comp name="VTODO" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'
>
> for "todo" and "event" calendar (all data in one collection) use:
>
> '<comp name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/><comp
> name="VTODO" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>'

thanks Ján that fixed my problem.

Gruß,
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Hello again,

I still did not manage to access our shared adresses via CardDAV from iOS7.

This is what iOS 7 sends to the server:

192.168.0.x - - [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
/caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 401 2352 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
dataaccessd/1.0"
192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
/caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1349 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
dataaccessd/1.0"
192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
/caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1588 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
dataaccessd/1.0"
192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
/caldav.php/Otto%20Berg/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
(11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"
192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
/caldav.php/[USERNAME]/addresses/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
(11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"

This is what I've configured (using iPhone configuration tool):

https://hostname.local:8448/caldav.php/shared/adressen/

As you can see, iOS obviously tries to access some canonical/default
URLs instead of the configured one.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Carsten

Am 19.09.13 13:37, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:

> Hello,
>
> as i wrote, i can NOT confirm this. All iDevices are now upgraded from 6
> to 7, and most of the desktops/notebooks now on 10.8.5, and all systems
> are up and running normal. No problems detected so far, no intervetion
> needed. Contacts and Calendars are accessable, editable and "synced"
> across all platforms
>
> Rudi
>
> Am 19.09.13 12:59, schrieb Carsten Pohle:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've configured our iOS devices using Apple Configurator and profiles.
>> Contact sync seems totally broken with iOS 7.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Carsten
>>

>> Am 19.09.13 12:54, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> strange problem. I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 last night to iOS7 and
>>> do not have any issue. Run's like before.
>>>
>>> Rudi

Re: iOS 7 fun

Ján Máté-2
Hi Carsten,

I reported this bug to Apple 3 weeks ago ... it looks like Apple AWAYS changes the principal URL to the current principal (logged user) URL. So shared resources will not work with iOS7 :-/

JM

On Sep 23, 2013, at 11:30 AM, Carsten Pohle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I still did not manage to access our shared adresses via CardDAV from iOS7.
>
> This is what iOS 7 sends to the server:
>
> 192.168.0.x - - [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 401 2352 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> dataaccessd/1.0"
> 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1349 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> dataaccessd/1.0"
> 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1588 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> dataaccessd/1.0"
> 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
> /caldav.php/Otto%20Berg/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
> (11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"
> 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
> /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/addresses/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
> (11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"
>

> This is what I've configured (using iPhone configuration tool):
>
> https://hostname.local:8448/caldav.php/shared/adressen/
>
> As you can see, iOS obviously tries to access some canonical/default
> URLs instead of the configured one.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Carsten
>

> Am 19.09.13 13:37, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as i wrote, i can NOT confirm this. All iDevices are now upgraded from 6
>> to 7, and most of the desktops/notebooks now on 10.8.5, and all systems
>> are up and running normal. No problems detected so far, no intervetion
>> needed. Contacts and Calendars are accessable, editable and "synced"
>> across all platforms
>>
>> Rudi
>>
>> Am 19.09.13 12:59, schrieb Carsten Pohle:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've configured our iOS devices using Apple Configurator and profiles.
>>> Contact sync seems totally broken with iOS 7.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Carsten

Re: iOS 7 fun

Andrew Ruthven
I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
under each user...

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 11:43 +0200, Ján Máté wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I reported this bug to Apple 3 weeks ago ... it looks like Apple AWAYS changes the principal URL to the current principal (logged user) URL. So shared resources will not work with iOS7 :-/
>

> JM
>

> On Sep 23, 2013, at 11:30 AM, Carsten Pohle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I still did not manage to access our shared adresses via CardDAV from iOS7.
> >
> > This is what iOS 7 sends to the server:
> >
> > 192.168.0.x - - [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> > /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 401 2352 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> > dataaccessd/1.0"
> > 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> > /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1349 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> > dataaccessd/1.0"
> > 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:57 +0200] "PROPFIND
> > /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1588 "-" "iOS/7.0 (11A465)
> > dataaccessd/1.0"
> > 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
> > /caldav.php/Otto%20Berg/[USERNAME]/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
> > (11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"
> > 192.168.0.x - [USERNAME] [23/Sep/2013:11:22:58 +0200] "REPORT
> > /caldav.php/[USERNAME]/addresses/ HTTP/1.1" 207 900 "-" "iOS/7.0
> > (11A465) dataaccessd/1.0"
> >

> > This is what I've configured (using iPhone configuration tool):
> >
> > https://hostname.local:8448/caldav.php/shared/adressen/
> >
> > As you can see, iOS obviously tries to access some canonical/default
> > URLs instead of the configured one.
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Carsten
> >

> > Am 19.09.13 13:37, schrieb Graf von Roit zu Hoya:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> as i wrote, i can NOT confirm this. All iDevices are now upgraded from 6
> >> to 7, and most of the desktops/notebooks now on 10.8.5, and all systems
> >> are up and running normal. No problems detected so far, no intervetion
> >> needed. Contacts and Calendars are accessable, editable and "synced"
> >> across all platforms
> >>
> >> Rudi

Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand
At home: [hidden email] |     linux.conf.au 2014
                           | Come swan on the Swan River
                           |    http://linux.conf.au

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Am 23.09.13 11:57, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
> I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
> under each user...

Could you please explain this in more detail?

THX

Carsten

Re: iOS 7 fun

As I understand, to show shared resources inside each user's account as
if it was a personal resource.

Al 23/09/13 12:21, En/na Carsten Pohle ha escrit:

> Am 23.09.13 11:57, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
>> I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
>> under each user...
>
> Could you please explain this in more detail?
>
> THX
>
> Carsten

Re: iOS 7 fun

Andrew Ruthven
On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 12:21 +0200, Carsten Pohle wrote:
> Am 23.09.13 11:57, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
> > I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
> > under each user...
>
> Could you please explain this in more detail?

Damn. I was going to point you to a page on wiki.davical.org but it
seems the wiki isn't operational again yet.

You can put in a "bind" under a user that points to a resource
elsewhere. It can either be an external resource and Davical will import
it on a regular basis. Or you can bind to another resource within the
current Davical system. This makes the other resource (for example a
calendar) appear that the current users name space and looks like their
own resource.

You need to send a specific XML command to Davical to create it. Sadly I
don't have that to hand, as I've always referred to the wiki page for
it.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand
At home: [hidden email] |     linux.conf.au 2014
                           | Come swan on the Swan River
                           |    http://linux.conf.au

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Andrew,

thanks to your hints, I discovered
http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=DAViCal and can confirm the
workaround acutally works :-).

THANK YOU!

Am 23.09.13 12:38, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:

> On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 12:21 +0200, Carsten Pohle wrote:
>> Am 23.09.13 11:57, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
>>> I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
>>> under each user...
>>
>> Could you please explain this in more detail?
>
> Damn. I was going to point you to a page on wiki.davical.org but it
> seems the wiki isn't operational again yet.
>
> You can put in a "bind" under a user that points to a resource
> elsewhere. It can either be an external resource and Davical will import
> it on a regular basis. Or you can bind to another resource within the
> current Davical system. This makes the other resource (for example a
> calendar) appear that the current users name space and looks like their
> own resource.
>
> You need to send a specific XML command to Davical to create it. Sadly I
> don't have that to hand, as I've always referred to the wiki page for
> it.
>
> Cheers!

> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8, SharePoint
> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack includes
> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: iOS 7 fun

jontheil
2013/9/22 Jim Fenton <[hidden email]>
[...]

I started another thread with similar issues. For me, it started even before updating the iOS but that might have been for another reason.
I am running davical on platform with FreeBSD 9.2-Prelease and PostgreSQL 9.3.

I think there is some help in this thread for me too. But I am not that hardcore when it comes to PostgreSQL. So I am not sure how to implement the commands proposed above. Is it supposed to be from a shell prompt? If i want to talk to the database server I normally do something like "su pgsql (the owner of the process)" and some "psql" command. Is that the way to go?

Regards,
Jon

Re: iOS 7 fun

MERIGHI Marcus
[hidden email] (Andrew Ruthven), 2013.09.23 (Mon) 12:38 (CEST):

> On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 12:21 +0200, Carsten Pohle wrote:
> > Am 23.09.13 11:57, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
> > > I guess the current work around would be to bind the shared resources
> > > under each user...
> >
> > Could you please explain this in more detail?
>
> Damn. I was going to point you to a page on wiki.davical.org but it
> seems the wiki isn't operational again yet.
>
> You can put in a "bind" under a user that points to a resource
> elsewhere. It can either be an external resource and Davical will import
> it on a regular basis. Or you can bind to another resource within the
> current Davical system. This makes the other resource (for example a
> calendar) appear that the current users name space and looks like their
> own resource.
>
> You need to send a specific XML command to Davical to create it. Sadly I
> don't have that to hand, as I've always referred to the wiki page for
> it.
my go at it (attached as well):

#!/bin/sh -e
# this is for pdksh default on OpenBSD

# caldav-bind.sh user1 ressource1 user2 '' login pass '' server-url
# creates a link (BIND) from
# http://svr/[caldav.php]/user1/ressource1
# http://svr/[caldav.php]/user2/user1_ressource1
# by default. Better READ the SCRIPT.

# see
# http://www.netzadmin.de/index.php/Davical
# http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/davical/general/1985
# http://davical-general.89287.n3.nabble.com/General-Question-about-calendar-rights-td1614884.html
# http://sourceforge.net/projects/davical/forums/forum/622964/topic/4660535
#
if [[ $# -lt 5 ]]; then
        print -n -u2 "usage: caldav-bind.sh src_principal src_collection "
        print -n -u2 "tgt_principal tgt_collection auth_usr auth_pw [tgt_name] "
        print -n -u2 "[url_host] [url_path]"
        print -u2 ""
        exit 1
fi

local _srcusr="${1}" # user1
local _srcrcs="${2}" # calendar | addresses | whatever
local _tgtusr="${3}" # user2
local _tgtrcs="${4:-'NONE'}" # for specifying collection to link into.
                             # DOES NOT WORK. Specify "NONE".
local _authusr="${5}" # user to log on to davical, usually your davical admin.
local _authpw="${6}" # see right above
local _tgtname="${7:-${_srcusr}_${_srcrcs}}" # you do not have to like my default
local _urlhost="${8:-'<a href="http://127.0.0.1:8008'">http://127.0.0.1:8008'}"
local _urlpath="${9:-''}"

[[ "X${_tgtrcs}" == X"NONE" ]] && _tgtrcs=""

local _data=""
_data="${_data}<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>"
_data="${_data}<bind xmlns='DAV:'>"
_data="${_data}<segment>${_tgtname}</segment>"
_data="${_data}<href>${_urlpath}/${_srcusr}/${_srcrcs}</href>"
_data="${_data}</bind>"

local _url="${_urlhost}${_urlpath}/${_tgtusr}/${_tgtrcs}"

print -u2 "${_urlhost}${_urlpath}/${_srcusr}/${_srcrcs} -> ${_url}/${_tgtname}"
print -u2 "cowarding out..." && return 0 # if you've found that, ok, go ahead
                                         # remove it.
curl \
  --silent \
  --basic \
  --insecure \
  --user "${_authusr}:${_authpw}" \
  --request BIND \
  --header "Content-Type: text/xml; charset='UTF-8'" \
  --url "${_url}" \
  --data "${_data}";

Bye, Marcus

caldav-bind.sh (2K) Download Attachment

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Am 23.09.13 12:38, schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
> You can put in a "bind" under a user that points to a resource
> elsewhere. It can either be an external resource and Davical will import
> it on a regular basis. Or you can bind to another resource within the
> current Davical system. This makes the other resource (for example a
> calendar) appear that the current users name space and looks like their
> own resource.

How are access controls applied to those bound resources? Is a DaviCal
resource just "aliased" and usual access rights apply to each resource?

Re: iOS 7 fun

Matthias Fechner
Am 23.09.13 13:14, schrieb Jon Theil Nielsen:
> I am running davical on platform with FreeBSD 9.2-Prelease and
> PostgreSQL 9.3.

I use it on FreeBSD too.
The process is quite simple.

On the shell (maybe root shell) execute:
psql davical davical_app

That will login you into the database.
Now you can execute to make sure everything is fine:
SELECT * from usr;

Here you will get your userid.

The link to the calender you should find on the website after you logged
in, is something like /user/calender-name.

Now execute the following command to mark a calendar as a calender that
IOS7 sees it correctly:
INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
changed_by) VALUES ('/user/calender_name_from_web/',
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', '<comp
name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>',
user_id_from_table_usr);

An example of the userid is e.g. 1001 or maybe only 1 and as calender
/matthias/ZEHF3426-48CA-3A28-BA24-EF67AEC2754D

So the query will be:
INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
changed_by) VALUES ('/matthias/ZEHF3426-48CA-3A28-BA24-EF67AEC2754D/',
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', '<comp
name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>', 1001);

(all in one line)

Gruß,
Matthias

Rich Cook