[Davical-general] iOS 7 fun

12

Re: iOS 7 fun

jontheil
> I am running davical on platform with FreeBSD 9.2-Prelease and
> PostgreSQL 9.3.

I use it on FreeBSD too.
The process is quite simple.

On the shell (maybe root shell) execute:
psql davical davical_app

That will login you into the database.
Now you can execute to make sure everything is fine:
SELECT * from usr;

Here you will get your userid.

The link to the calender you should find on the website after you logged
in, is something like /user/calender-name.

Now execute the following command to mark a calendar as a calender that
IOS7 sees it correctly:
INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
changed_by) VALUES ('/user/calender_name_from_web/',
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', '<comp
name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>',
user_id_from_table_usr);

An example of the userid is e.g. 1001 or maybe only 1 and as calender
/matthias/ZEHF3426-48CA-3A28-BA24-EF67AEC2754D

So the query will be:
INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, property_value,
changed_by) VALUES ('/matthias/ZEHF3426-48CA-3A28-BA24-EF67AEC2754D/',
'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set', '<comp
name="VEVENT" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>', 1001);

(all in one line)

Gruß,
Matthias

Matthias,

Thanks a lot! I will definitely try this an a near future. For me, managing one calendar is a challenge. Managing two is messing my life up. :-)

Cheers/gruß
Jon

Re: iOS 7 fun

mburger
Am 23.09.13 13:14, schrieb Jon Theil Nielsen:

 > So I am not sure how to implement the commands proposed above.

You can use my script at https://gist.github.com/martinburger/6685108 to
easily fix all "event-only" calendars for iOS 7.

--Martin

Re: iOS 7 fun

Carsten Pohle
Hi,

maybe I just stumbled upon another issue: I don't receive invitations on
my iOS 7 device. With iCalendar (OS X 10.8.5) they are working fine.

Any clues?

Thanks and regards

Carsten

12