[Davical-general] iPhone Davical (Push but not Pull)

[Davical-general] iPhone Davical (Push but not Pull)

davical-2
Hi All,

I've setup a basic DAViCal server with an iPhone, but for some reason entries I create on the iPhone sync to the DAViCAl server, but not the other direction?

Thunderbird clients (V14 with Lightening v1.6), work perfectly and can
even see the entries created on the iPhone.

Davical: davical-1.1.1-1
iPhone: 5.1.1

This has to be a bug on the iPhone yeah?

cya

Craig

Re: iPhone Davical (Push but not Pull)

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello Craig,

you are not alone. See

[Davical-general] iCal/iPad stopped working with davical

and

[Davical-general] Duplicated caldav.php/ in URL "/caldav.php/caldav.php/" from partial_path=/caldav.php/, , force_script=true

Bye
Rudolf

Am 27.07.2012 um 09:18 schrieb [hidden email]:

Hi All,

I've setup a basic DAViCal server with an iPhone, but for some reason entries I create on the iPhone sync to the DAViCAl server, but not the other direction?

Thunderbird clients (V14 with Lightening v1.6), work perfectly and can
even see the entries created on the iPhone.

Davical: davical-1.1.1-1
iPhone: 5.1.1

This has to be a bug on the iPhone yeah?

cya

Craig

Re: iPhone Davical (Push but not Pull)

Graf von Roit zu Hoya
Hello Craig,

try downgrading to DaviCal 1.1.0 (and awl 0.52, but not necessary). If this works, please report to the list.

Am 27.07.2012 um 09:18 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi All,
>
> I've setup a basic DAViCal server with an iPhone, but for some reason entries I create on the iPhone sync to the DAViCAl server, but not the other direction?
>
> Thunderbird clients (V14 with Lightening v1.6), work perfectly and can
> even see the entries created on the iPhone.
>
> Davical: davical-1.1.1-1
> iPhone: 5.1.1
>
> This has to be a bug on the iPhone yeah?
>
> cya
>
> Craig

Re: iPhone Davical (Push but not Pull)

Fabian Wenk
Hello Craig

On 27.07.2012 09:18, [hidden email] wrote:

> I've setup a basic DAViCal server with an iPhone, but for some
> reason entries I create on the iPhone sync to the DAViCAl
> server, but not the other direction?
>
> Thunderbird clients (V14 with Lightening v1.6), work perfectly
> and can even see the entries created on the iPhone.
>
> Davical: davical-1.1.1-1
> iPhone: 5.1.1
>
> This has to be a bug on the iPhone yeah?

Did you use the .rpm to install?

I am not sure, but I think I see some patterns in the people who
reported problems with 1.1.1 and iOS. If I am correct, they all
used the .rpm to install. I am running DAViCal 1.1.1 on FreeBSD
7.4 with PHP 5.4.5 and PostgreSQL 9.1.4. I do not have any
problems with iOS 5.1.1 and it works both ways to sync entries.

So I think that the .rpm for 1.1.1 does miss some stuff from the
1.1.1 release.
In git [1] the 1.1.1 release had been tagged on 2012-07-10, but
when I check the download page at [2], then the
davical-1.1.1.tar.gz (which is used with FreeBSD Ports) is also
dated with 10-Jul-2012, but the davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm and
davical-doc-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm are dated with 04-Jul-2012, which
is before the 1.1.1 tag in the git repository.

   [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/
   [2] http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/

I hope Andrew will release new .rpm for 1.1.1, and I guess this
should fix the reported problems with iOS 5.1.1.

bye
Fabian