[Davical-general] latest iOS7 problems - clarification

[Davical-general] latest iOS7 problems - clarification

D. Bischof
Hi,

I administer a DAViCal installation based on
davical-1.1.1-2/libawl-php-0.53-1 for a small workgroup. There's one user
sporting the group calendar divided into a few collections, the (real)
users access this calendar as the group calendar.

This works fine for desktop clients like Apple Calendar and
Thunderbird/Lightning. Unfortunately, my users also have the latest Apple
gadgets and are currently updating to iOS 7 - effectively cutting
themselves off from the DAViCal server (the more recent versions of iOS 6
already had problems syncing the group calendar collections).

Having read the thread on the recent iOS7 problems, my current
understanding is that

- binding the group calendar collections to each individual user and
- adding the "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set"-property
to the group calendar user's collections

is likely to fix the problems with iOS7, right?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/With best regards,

--D. Bischof

Re: latest iOS7 problems - clarification

On Oct 10, 2013, at 5:03 PM, D. Bischof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I administer a DAViCal installation based on
> davical-1.1.1-2/libawl-php-0.53-1 for a small workgroup. There's one user
> sporting the group calendar divided into a few collections, the (real)
> users access this calendar as the group calendar.
>
> This works fine for desktop clients like Apple Calendar and
> Thunderbird/Lightning. Unfortunately, my users also have the latest Apple
> gadgets and are currently updating to iOS 7 - effectively cutting
> themselves off from the DAViCal server (the more recent versions of iOS 6
> already had problems syncing the group calendar collections).
>
> Having read the thread on the recent iOS7 problems, my current
> understanding is that
>
> - binding the group calendar collections to each individual user and
> - adding the "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set"-property
> to the group calendar user's collections
>
> is likely to fix the problems with iOS7, right?
yes :-)

JM