[Davical-general] permissions question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Davical-general] permissions question

Christoph Steidl
hi list,

is it possible to give someone write-permissions on a collection but
disable him from deleting/modifying the entire collection?

i have e.g. a team-ressource (teamRes) and users with readonly (u1Ro, u2Ro)
and read-write permissions (u3Rw, u4Rw) to teamRes.

teamRes itself hats multipe calendars-collections (cal1, cal2, cal3, ...)
and card-collections. let's say 'u4Rw' needs ALL of the collections in
RW-mode subscribed from his client PC using TB/lightning. so far so good...

additionally he has subscribed to the teamRes-collections using iPhone iOS
7.x ...

now there was the problem that the user (u4Rw) on his iPhone klicked:
 - 'Delete calendar'
for one of the teamRes-collections and iOS (instead of deleting the
subscription to that calendar) sent:

"DELETE /caldav.php/teamRes/cal2/ HTTP/1.1" 204 - "-" "iOS/7.0.4 (11B554a)
dataaccessd/1.0"

and, who would have expected it, davical deleted the entire colletion like
iOS told him... ;-)

now i didn't find a way to remove the right to delete/create collections
without removing the write-permissions of events/todos or didn't i see it?

does anybody now how to manage that?


cheers,
chris

any tips welcome! ;-)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: permissions question

Ján Máté-2
I solved the same problem in past by using special Apache config:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On

        # DISALLOW to delete collections
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} DELETE
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /$
        RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

        # DISALLOW to create collections
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} MKCALENDAR [OR]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} MKCOL
        RewriteRule .* - [F,L]
</IfModule>


JM


On 25 Nov 2013, at 11:41, Christoph Steidl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> is it possible to give someone write-permissions on a collection but
> disable him from deleting/modifying the entire collection?
>
> i have e.g. a team-ressource (teamRes) and users with readonly (u1Ro, u2Ro)
> and read-write permissions (u3Rw, u4Rw) to teamRes.
>
> teamRes itself hats multipe calendars-collections (cal1, cal2, cal3, ...)
> and card-collections. let's say 'u4Rw' needs ALL of the collections in
> RW-mode subscribed from his client PC using TB/lightning. so far so good...
>
> additionally he has subscribed to the teamRes-collections using iPhone iOS
> 7.x ...
>
> now there was the problem that the user (u4Rw) on his iPhone klicked:
> - 'Delete calendar'
> for one of the teamRes-collections and iOS (instead of deleting the
> subscription to that calendar) sent:
>
> "DELETE /caldav.php/teamRes/cal2/ HTTP/1.1" 204 - "-" "iOS/7.0.4 (11B554a)
> dataaccessd/1.0"
>
> and, who would have expected it, davical deleted the entire colletion like
> iOS told him... ;-)
>
> now i didn't find a way to remove the right to delete/create collections
> without removing the write-permissions of events/todos or didn't i see it?
>
> does anybody now how to manage that?
>
>
> cheers,
> chris
>
> any tips welcome! ;-)
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
> Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
> Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
> conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> Davical-general mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: permissions question

Christoph Steidl
hi jan,

--On Montag, November 25, 2013 11:54:20 +0100 Ján Máté
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I solved the same problem in past by using special Apache config:
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
>
> # DISALLOW to delete collections
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} DELETE
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /$
> RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

thank's for quick reply...
that's nearly exactly what i'm looking for!
it's not a user based solution but there's no blocking condition in my case
to forbid collection-deletion for all users...

thanx!!


cheers,
chris


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: download

Wolfgang Fürtbauer
In reply to this post by Christoph Steidl
Hi,
where could I download the software?
Wiki link on homepage is broken ...
Thanks in advance
Wolfgang

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfgang Fürtbauer                      Tel: +43 7612 77620
Steinbichlstrasse 58d                   Mobil: +43 664 8332326
4812 Pinsdorf                           E-Mail: [hidden email]
Austria


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: download

Christoph Steidl
hi,

--On Montag, November 25, 2013 13:57:15 +0100 Fürtbauer Wolfgang
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> where could I download the software?
> Wiki link on homepage is broken ...
> Thanks in advance
> Wolfgang

see:
<http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/projects/davical>
for davical

and:
<http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/projects/awl>
for libawl


cheers,
chris



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: download

Christoph Steidl
oh! and see:

<http://www.inf-it.com/davical/>

for patches/fixes a.s.o since andrew dosn't maintain the code any more due
to reasons.

cheers,
chris

--On Montag, November 25, 2013 15:10:08 +0100 Christoph Steidl
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> --On Montag, November 25, 2013 13:57:15 +0100 Fürtbauer Wolfgang
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> where could I download the software?
>> Wiki link on homepage is broken ...
>> Thanks in advance
>> Wolfgang
>
> see:
> <http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/projects/davical>
> for davical
>
> and:
> <http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/projects/awl>
> for libawl
>
>
> cheers,
> chris
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----- Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
> Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
> Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
> conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up
> now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clkt
> rk _______________________________________________
> Davical-general mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: download

Alexander Dreweke
Hi

> since andrew dosn't maintain the code any more due to reasons.

So where to best send patches or pull requests?

thx
        Alex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349351&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general