[Davical-general] syncing Reminders.app status across iOS devices

[Davical-general] syncing Reminders.app status across iOS devices

David Newman
Although DAViCal will enter and synchronize entries in the Reminders.app
on OS X and iOS, it is not syncing "task completed" state.

In other words, checking off a task as done on one device does not mean
other devices will also think it's done, even though all devices have
the same owner.

Is there a config knob I've missed? Or is this a known issue? Or
something else?

Thanks.

DAViCal 1.1.2 installed from git with all of Ján Máté's current patches.

dn

Re: syncing Reminders.app status across iOS devices

Ján Máté-2
Hi David,

I just tried it and it works without any problems:

original Todo:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
PRODID:-//Inf-IT//CalDavZAP 0.8.42//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTODO
CLASS:PUBLIC
CREATED:20130423T002142Z
DTSTAMP:20130423T205803Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20130423T205803Z
PERCENT-COMPLETE:55
STATUS:IN-PROCESS
SUMMARY:Test
UID:ddqqatql-qhar-1qik-a3wc-o1aym3rjdcxi
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

iOS modified Todo:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iOS 6.1.3//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTODO
CLASS:PUBLIC
COMPLETED:20130430T232734Z
CREATED:20130423T002142Z
DTSTAMP:20130430T232741Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20130430T232736Z
PERCENT-COMPLETE:100
STATUS:COMPLETED
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:Test
UID:ddqqatql-qhar-1qik-a3wc-o1aym3rjdcxi
X-APPLE-SORT-ORDER:388369302
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR

JM

On 4/30/13 4:35 PM, Ján Máté wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I just tried it and it works without any problems:

Sorry, you're right, it's working for me too. This may be a
frequency-of-update issue. After checking off a task on one iOS device,
another iOS device will still show a reminder (the number in a circle)
showing something to attend to.

Push is on, but fetch is set to manual. Perhaps with a timed interval,
the iOS devices will clear the reminder.

Anyway, client issue, unrelated to DAViCal. Sorry!

dn