OT: classification of iCalendar components (was: iCal->DavICal Connections Failing…)

OT: classification of iCalendar components (was: iCal->DavICal Connections Failing…)

Graham Perrin
Administrator
On 10 Dec 2009, at 23:20, Klaus Sonnenleiter wrote:

> I'll keep flagging events with Sunbird if I don't want them to show up in everybody else's calendar...

For broadest compatibility when sharing calendars, I would avoid classifications such as private. See screen shot and highlights referred from <http://identi.ca/conversation/16657053>.

Consider using separate calendars for events that you classify as private.

> they still haven't managed to get the privacy settings implemented

My guess: Apple applications support for the CLASS property will remain limited for as long as other well known/popular iCalendar and CalDAV clients lack good support.

Regards
Graham