Re: Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar

Re: Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar

Paul Kallnbach
Hi Motty,

your issue reminds me of a case that came up on the mailing list a few
months ago ( see this message:
http://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/message/31765803 ). Do you see
the same [128bit hex number]-names when you check the collections
created by your iOS devices in the admin interface? Same post also
includes his workaround to that problem. Personally I've never seen this
phenomenon on any of my clients.

Like you, I'm using DAViCal together with LDAP and iOS but somehow I
don't think that your directory server is part of the problem.
If your users are imported successfully and you can authenticate against
them, I would leave the LDAP part out of the equation.

When you say 1.1.1.2 do you mean 1.1.2? And if so, what was your package
source? Are you running DAViCal on Linux?
The official version is still 1.1.1 (AWL 0.53). Did you apply all of
JM's patches to your installation of DAViCal
(http://www.inf-it.com/davical/)?

What does your Account URL on your iOS devices look like? In its basic
form it should look somewhat like this:
https://www.yourserver.com/caldav.php/username/
(note the trailing slash and that there's no collection name given, just
a username. iOS will try to find your collections automatically).

Ask back if you get stuck again or have further questions. Good luck!

Paul

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 17:04:29 +0300
> From: motty cruz <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Davical-general] Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hello All,
>
> I have a Davical + openLdap configured, I am able to see calendar and
> contacts when I log in to  web interface, I configured thunderbird to use
> the calendar, all is working accordingly; however when I connect iPhone, it
> creates a new calendar. I want iPhone to use same calendar I created,
> instead of calendar created by iPhone.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------

Re: Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar

Ján Máté-2
See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/davical/general/3320?do=post_view_threaded

... in short: iOS 7 *REQURES* separate collections for VEVENT a VTODO components (otherwise it completely ignores the existing collections).

You need to manually set the supported-component-set for existing collections to VEVENT (and move the remaining data to new VTODO collection).

JM

> On 13 Jun 2014, at 10:52 am, Paul Kallnbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Motty,
>
> your issue reminds me of a case that came up on the mailing list a few
> months ago ( see this message:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/message/31765803 ). Do you see
> the same [128bit hex number]-names when you check the collections
> created by your iOS devices in the admin interface? Same post also
> includes his workaround to that problem. Personally I've never seen this
> phenomenon on any of my clients.
>
> Like you, I'm using DAViCal together with LDAP and iOS but somehow I
> don't think that your directory server is part of the problem.
> If your users are imported successfully and you can authenticate against
> them, I would leave the LDAP part out of the equation.
>
> When you say 1.1.1.2 do you mean 1.1.2? And if so, what was your package
> source? Are you running DAViCal on Linux?
> The official version is still 1.1.1 (AWL 0.53). Did you apply all of
> JM's patches to your installation of DAViCal
> (http://www.inf-it.com/davical/)?
>
> What does your Account URL on your iOS devices look like? In its basic
> form it should look somewhat like this:
> https://www.yourserver.com/caldav.php/username/
> (note the trailing slash and that there's no collection name given, just
> a username. iOS will try to find your collections automatically).
>
> Ask back if you get stuck again or have further questions. Good luck!
>
> Paul
>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 17:04:29 +0300
>> From: motty cruz <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Davical-general] Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have a Davical + openLdap configured, I am able to see calendar and
>> contacts when I log in to  web interface, I configured thunderbird to use
>> the calendar, all is working accordingly; however when I connect iPhone, it
>> creates a new calendar. I want iPhone to use same calendar I created,
>> instead of calendar created by iPhone.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>
>> ------------------------------

Re: Calendar - iPhone creates a new calendar

MERIGHI Marcus
[hidden email] (Ján Máté), 2014.06.13 (Fri) 11:17 (CEST):
> See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/davical/general/3320?do=post_view_threaded
>
> ... in short: iOS 7 *REQURES* separate collections for VEVENT a VTODO
> components (otherwise it completely ignores the existing collections).
>
> You need to manually set the supported-component-set for existing
> collections to VEVENT (and move the remaining data to new VTODO
> collection).

Below is what I scripted to make the necessary changes. Attached as
well. It worked for me, but: Please do not just run that script,
understand it and adjust it, as it is for ksh(1) on OpenBSD.

#!/bin/sh -e
local _pcmd="psql -U postgres -d davical -A -F '|' -q -t -f -"
local _sql="select dav_name from property"
local _cols=$(print "${_sql}" | ${_pcmd} | sort -u)
local
_supp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set"
local _event="<comp name=\"VEVENT\" \
  xmlns=\"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav\"/>"
local _res=""
local _usr=""
local _uid=""
for _col in $_cols; do
        _sql="select dav_name,property_name,changed_by from property \
          where (dav_name like '${_col}' AND property_name like \
          '${_supp}');"
        _res=$(print "${_sql}" | ${_pcmd})
        [[ "X${_res}" == X"" ]] || continue
        print "COLLECTION: $_col"
        if [[ "X${_col}" == X*"address"* || \
          "X${_col}" == X*"_adr_"* ]]; then
                print "WARNING: address: ${_col}"
        fi
        _usr=$(print "${_col}" | cut -d "/" -f 2)
        _sql="select user_no from usr where username like '${_usr}'"
        _uid=$(print "${_sql}" | ${_pcmd})
        _sql="INSERT INTO property (dav_name, property_name, \
          property_value, changed_by) VALUES ('${_col}', \
          'urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:supported-calendar-component-set',\
         '${_event}', ${_uid});"
        _res=$(print "${_sql}" | ${_pcmd})
done

Bye, Marcus

--
https://www.tor.at/~mcmer/.signature

Ich untersage hiermit a) die Verwendung meiner personenbezogenen Daten
zu anderen Zwecken als den in diesem Vorgang gegenstaendlichen sowie b)
die Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten.  Die Nichtbefolgung
dieser Anweisung ist in Oesterreich gesetzeswidrig. Siehe hiezu das
Datenschutzgesetz (DSG) 2000 idgF., zu finden u.a. unter:
http://ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=10001597

davical_props.sh (1K) Download Attachment