Re: DAViCal different database

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
My steps in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS server are:

sudo apt-get update
# Install PostgreSql service:
sudo apt-get install postgresql
# Enable its stable repository (useful for any Ubuntu/Debian), and
install DAViCal:
sudo apt-key advanced --keyserver pgp.net.nz --recv-keys
F6E0FA5CF0307507BB23A512EAFCFEBF8FEB8EBF
echo "deb http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian stable awm #DAViCal
CalDAV Server" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/davical.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install davical davical-doc php5-curl
# Create Apache virtualhost and configure it as the example in
http://wiki.davical.org/w/Debian
# Customize the DAViCal database access
DatabaseName=mycal
AdminPassword=1234
DBUsername=mycaluser
DBPassword=1234
sudo su postgres -c /usr/share/davical/dba/create-database.sh
"$DatabaseName" "$AdminPassword"

THE RESPONSE:

DBI connect('dbname=davical','davical_dba',...) failed: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "davical_dba" at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 244
Can't connect to database davical at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 244.
* * * * ERROR * * * *
The database administration utility failed.  This may be due to database
permissions for the davical_dba user, or because the Perl DBD::Pg or
YAML libraries are not available.

Check that your pg_hba.conf allows the davical_dba user to connect to
the database (and make sure you've reloaded PostgreSQL since changing that).

Also see:  http://wiki.davical.org/w/Install_Errors/No_Perl_YAML

Al 01/10/12 11:19, En/na Narcis Garcia - GiLUG ha escrit:

> The fact is that it creates a database named "davical" and an owner
> called "davical_dba".
> How can I reset PostgreSql data (as freshly installed) or remove db &
> users to repeat the wizard?
>
> If Is there an alternative procedure documented to don't use the script
> create-database.sh ? A step-by-step?
>

> Al 01/10/12 10:15, En/na Andrew McMillan ha escrit:
>> On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 18:58 +0200, Narcis Garcia - GiLUG wrote:
>>> Hello, I'm trying DAViCal 1.1.1 and don't find the right way to
>>> customize the database and user names to use in PostgreSql , because I'm
>>> preparing a setup in a shared server with other users that may install
>>> their own separate DAViCal.
>>
>> The simplest configuration is for them to each use their own database.
>>

>>> I've been searching for it in wiki.davical.org , but haven't found the
>>> way of using create-database.sh script successfully.
>>> I've seen that this script accepts database name and admin password as
>>> parameters, and also the AWL_DBAUSER to be modified, but it doesn't work
>>> and creates a database named "davical".
>>
>> Really?  My regression tests which use this script always create a
>> database called 'regression'.
>>
>> Have you tried it with bash -x to see what is going wrong?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrew McMillan.
>>
>> PS.  A very odd e-mail address you used there!  There is a mailing list
>> for DAViCal...

Re: DAViCal different database

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
I see that one problem is that two scripts have hard-coded the database
name and username for PostgreSql hard-coded , and don't take care of
command-line parameters:

/usr/share/davical/dba/create-database.sh
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database

Al 02/10/12 09:59, En/na Narcis Garcia - GiLUG ha escrit: