Re: Editing project files

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
I meant editing with the Gitlab web interface.

El 03/12/15 a les 21:36, Narcis Garcia ha escrit:

> Hello, I'm new in online souce developing.
> Can I directly edit "master" branch files?
>
> What should I do to upload a file modification and not damage some
> coordination protocol?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Editing project files

Vincent Van Houtte
Narcis Garcia schreef op 2015-12-04 09:13:
> I meant editing with the Gitlab web interface.

I'm no expert myself, but the Git protocol would be that
1. you create a fork, then
2. make the changes in your own fork and then
3. issue a pull request, which
4. will allow the project lead to review your pull request and either
approve or deny the merger into the central project.

There are lots of online tutorials and while it looks complicated, it's
not that hard at all. Once you get the hang of it, you'll appreciate the
benefits of the tool (as I'm sure I will sometime in the future ;) )

Vincent

> El 03/12/15 a les 21:36, Narcis Garcia ha escrit:
>> Hello, I'm new in online souce developing.
>> Can I directly edit "master" branch files?
>>
>> What should I do to upload a file modification and not damage some
>> coordination protocol?
>>
>> Thanks.

Vincent Van Houtte
Advocaat
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108
9200 Dendermonde
T 052 52 06 05
T 052 77 90 05
F 052 52 06 46
W http://synergylaw.be

Re: Editing project files

Okay; I said gitlab to make this fork:
https://gitlab.com/narcisgarcia/davical.git
I've tried to clone and edit it with git-cola but too complicated for me
at the moment.

I see the easiest way to work on it is to use gitlab.com web interface,
go to "Files" section and modify forked file with that editor.

El 04/12/15 a les 10:31, Vincent Van Houtte ha escrit: