Quantcast

Re: External bind with write access?

Andrés Moya
Thanks for the info.

I've seen that in the "scripts" directory of davical sources there are a script named "sync-remote-caldav.php", that seems to do precisely this. Could it be?

But i haven't been able to make it work. On one hand, it seems to have problems with the configuration. I have created a /etc/davical/config.php file, as explained here http://www.davical.org/installation.php (DAViCal Configuration), but when I run the script, get the following messages:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SERVER_ADDR in /usr/share/davical/htdocs/always.php on line 58
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in /usr/share/davical/htdocs/always.php on line 137
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: CalDAVClient::$xmltags in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 758
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: CalDAVClient::$xmlnodes in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 759
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: CalDAVClient::$xmlnodes in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 625
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: CalDAVClient::$xmlnodes in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 627
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: CalDAVClient::$xmlnodes in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 628
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/davical/inc/caldav-client-v2.php on line 763
Remote calendar '' is at
Fetched 0 possible changes.
Need to push '/kaleidos/calendar/e21a3c0b-95cc-4a15-9cff-6bfaaa539b2a.ics'
Push: Found 1 local changes to push & 0 local deletions to push.
Pull: Found 0 creates, 0 updates and 0 deletions to apply locally.
Sync in
Sync out

Then, it anyway tries to push the changes into google calendar, but it seems not to be supported by Google:

PUT /calendar/ical/kaleidos.net(my private calendar address).ics HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic (my auth key)
Host: calendar.google.com:443
If-None-Match: "*"
Connection: close
Response:
HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

Do you know why is this happening? Thanks.

Hi Andrés,

I'm sorry to say that the external bind logic is ready only.

You'd have to use a sync tool that can talk both Google Calendar and
CalDAV.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 07:28 +0100, Andrés Moya wrote:
> Hi. In my company we're trying to escape out from Google Calendar,
> and so we have built a server with davical and a client from agendav.
>
> But we still need to use some calendars that we share with other
> people. So I have connected them as explained here:
>
> http://wiki.davical.org/index.php?title=External_Bind
>
> It works, but it mounts the calendar read-only. We need to be able to
> add new events to this calendar from davical. I suppose it would mean
> a way to send Google user credentials when accessing the calendar
> through the ics link. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Andrés Moya Velázquez
> Engineer
> [hidden email] | Tel: <a href="tel:%28%2B34%29%20913562995" value="+34913562995">(+34) 913562995 www.kaleidos.net
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
[hidden email]             | linux.conf.au 2017, Hobart, AU
  New Zealand's only Cloud:   |   The Future of Open Source
https://catalyst.net.nz/cloud |     http://linux.conf.au

Andrés Moya Velázquez
Engineer

[hidden email] | Tel: (+34) 913562995