Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: create database on Ubuntu

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: create database on Ubuntu

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
PLease, update the wiki with any enhancement you find to the procedure.

El 24/12/14 a les 18:17, Divakar R ha escrit:

> [...]
>     >      which is to be run with the command:
>     >
>     >      su postgres -c /usr/share/davical/dba/create-database.sh
>     >
>     >      This prompts for a password for the user postgres. On Ubuntu,
>     I do
>     >      not have a password for the user postgres. I could set a password
>     >      for this user but then I find no way of telling the pg server
>     about
>     >      this password. Indeed I have also seen through the posgresql
>     online
>     >      help and found no solution.
>     >
>     >      I have also tried
>     >
>     >       sudo ./create-database.sh
>     >
>     >      using my password, which results in
>     >
>     >      psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist
>     >      psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist
>     >      psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist
>     >      psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist
>     >      psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist
>     >      createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL: role
>     >      "root" does not exist
>     >      Unable to create database
>     >
>     >
>     >      Please advise how I can proceed with the installation.
>     >
>     >      Thanks and Regards,
>     >      Divakar
>     >
>     >
>     >  Do not Remove:
>     >  [HID]20141224115705670[-HID]
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     Media, is your
>     >  hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
>     >  leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and
>     more. Take a
>     >  look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >  _______________________________________________
>     >  Davical-general mailing list
>     >  [hidden email]
>     >  https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
>     >

>     is your
>     hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
>     leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
>     Take a
>     look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net
>     hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
>     leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
>     look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: create database on Ubuntu

Divakar Ramachandran
Narcis Garcia wrote on Friday 26 December 2014 02:41 PM:
PLease, update the wiki with any enhancement you find to the procedure.

I would be glad to do this. However, I do not have a log-in account for the wiki and get a "Permission error" when I try to create one. Also, the installation guide updates page at http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php/Installation_Guide_Update suggests that "If you find problems with that document, please do not write an update in the wiki, but tell us about it on one of the Mailing Lists, or via the DAViCal IRC Channel."

The change required in installation instructions could be as follows:

Immediately under the section heading "Creating and building the database", add sentence "Users with PostgreSQL version 9.2 and later must edit lines 39 and 65 in davical.sql to replace 'PlPgSQL' with 'plpgsql' (all lower case)."

This may be credited to Steve on this mailing-list who suggested the solution.

--
Divakar

    *From:* Narcis Garcia [hidden email]  MailId : [33799602]
    *To:* [hidden email]