Re: Virtual users environment & management tools

Re: Virtual users environment & management tools

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
What do you mean exactly with "virtual" users?
Which concrete difference to set from "real" ones?

El 03/04/14 01:42, Gregory Sloop ha escrit:

> Ok, so one more query.
>
> I'm considering a VPS for deployment, and given the replies, I think
> it will be sufficient.
>
> But I'm probably going to implement a postfix/dovecot + LAMP + Davical
> + Roundcube + CalDavZap/CardDavMate.
>
> And since I'm probably going to implement for more than a single
> domain, I'm wondering about a virtual users environment for
> Cal/CardDav. [Again, I trolled the list archives but can't find a lot
> addressing this issue.]
>
> Has anyone done this? Do you have suggestions, posts that would be
> helpful etc?
>
> I'm also trying to decide if I want to do something managed with say,
> CPanel [which obviously doesn't integrate with DaviCal] or perhaps
> Webmin or essentially all from the command-line, or very little in the
> way of a graphical management tool. Any things I ought to consider?
>
> TIA
> -Greg

Re: Virtual users environment & management tools

Gregory Sloop
I see my reply just went to Narcis - sorry chap! :)
...And here's one for the list.
---
I'm intending to not have real *nix users on the system. So postfix
and dovecot use [generally] a mysql db to store the "users" on the
system - thus they are "virtual" users.

Also, since I'm probably going to drop this on a VPS, and I tend to
use CPanel, for ease of management, I'm wondering if the two can
co-exist reasonably well. [These are also virtual users.]

TIA
-Greg

NG> What do you mean exactly with "virtual" users?
NG> Which concrete difference to set from "real" ones?

NG> El 03/04/14 01:42, Gregory Sloop ha escrit:

>> Ok, so one more query.
>>
>> I'm considering a VPS for deployment, and given the replies, I think
>> it will be sufficient.
>>
>> But I'm probably going to implement a postfix/dovecot + LAMP + Davical
>> + Roundcube + CalDavZap/CardDavMate.
>>
>> And since I'm probably going to implement for more than a single
>> domain, I'm wondering about a virtual users environment for
>> Cal/CardDav. [Again, I trolled the list archives but can't find a lot
>> addressing this issue.]
>>
>> Has anyone done this? Do you have suggestions, posts that would be
>> helpful etc?
>>
>> I'm also trying to decide if I want to do something managed with say,
>> CPanel [which obviously doesn't integrate with DaviCal] or perhaps
>> Webmin or essentially all from the command-line, or very little in the
>> way of a graphical management tool. Any things I ought to consider?
>>
>> TIA
>> -Greg

Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
Voice: 503.251.0452 x82
EMail: [hidden email]
http://www.sloop.net
---