Re: changing to multidomain setup and backup question

Re: changing to multidomain setup and backup question

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
In this page I included my research about the subject:
http://wiki.davical.org/w/Debian_shared

Al 23/03/13 11:20, En/na Michael Köhler ha escrit:

> Hi there,
>
> I´m using davical for nearly three years and all works fine for three accounts with 10 calendars and 2 address books. Now I have to setup two additional domains for davical and so I want to add two configs and two databases. The configs are created but I´m not very familar with postgresql :(. So I´ve got a few questions:
>
> How could I create two additional databases (with a different name) for the two domains?
> And how could I change the database name for the existing database (I like to name it like davical-domain)?
> How could I seperate one of the three users from the existing database to one of the new database?
>
> One user from a new domain wants to get a daily backup of his data - I think a cron script with a database dump should include all data, right?
>
> I hope somebody could help me.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Re: changing to multidomain setup and backup question

Michael Köhler
Hi Narcis,

Am 23.03.2013 um 21:46 schrieb Narcis Garcia:

> Al 23/03/13 11:20, En/na Michael Köhler ha escrit:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I´m using davical for nearly three years and all works fine for three accounts with 10 calendars and 2 address books. Now I have to setup two additional domains for davical and so I want to add two configs and two databases. The configs are created but I´m not very familar with postgresql :(. So I´ve got a few questions:
>>
>> How could I create two additional databases (with a different name) for the two domains?
>> And how could I change the database name for the existing database (I like to name it like davical-domain)?
>> How could I seperate one of the three users from the existing database to one of the new database?
>>
>> One user from a new domain wants to get a daily backup of his data - I think a cron script with a database dump should include all data, right?
>>
>> I hope somebody could help me.

> In this page I included my research about the subject:
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/Debian_shared

Thanks for the link - I´m just learning postgresql and your command lines are very interesting! I think I could solve my "problems" - maybe I will ask later more specially if something will be unclear :).

Best regards,
Michael